1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Final Season] The Office

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Sep 4, 2012.

1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/the-office-ending-season-9-364352

I can't believe its finally coming to an end. :(

My initial response
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/umDr0mPuyQc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

It's time

3. oelman44

oelman44 Member

The Office is past it's prime, so I agree it's a good idea to end it this season but it's going to be pretty sad when it all wraps up. Hopefully Michael Scott comes back for an episode, I know Carrel kind of shot it down but no way could they wrap up and end a series like this without bringing him back. Maybe he comes back and they all together watch the what the documentary team has filmed over all the years? Idk, but I like the idea of things actually wrapping up with the characters, not just running through the motions episode after episode.

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

There's also talks of the Scranton Strangler being revealed which I'm pretty excited for. It will be sad when the final episode finishes but it was a fun ride. Hopefully the Dwight spinoff is good enough to last a few seasons.

5. oelman44

oelman44 Member

It was Creed! Or Toby

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Nobody likes you, Toby. :eek:
    Why are you the way you are? :mad:

7. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I'm probably the biggest office fan still out there so it is gonna be sad to see it end :(

However, I also think its probably time for it to end. It did lose some of its comedy when Carell left but I still enjoyed it.

Hopefully it will be a awesome season.

8. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Not trying to hate, I love the Office and it is my favorite show on TV. I will be very sad when it ends, and would want it to stretch on longer but I think wrapping it up now rather then later is a better idea. I'm just hoping for a great season.

9. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I guess end of an era? Between the Office and Arrested, it felt like TV comedies took a huge step forward.

Sad to see what Pam and Jim's characters devolved into after 7 years.

10. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Yup. Like watching Metallica "progress."

11. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

That sucks. Oh well, it was bound to happen.

Now if only someone at Showtime could pull the plugs on Weeds. God I can't believe that show keeps going on.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I agree. Marriage doesn't have to turn you into married Jim and Pam.

13. Ashcoza

Ashcoza Member

I just don't understand why they steered clear of what made it famous. Watch andy now and watch him when he was first introduced. He used to be HILARIOUS with his kind of stuck up ultra preppy wanting to be accepted cornell deal. Now he dresses normal, almost acts normal....where is the interest in that? Even dwight lost his charm with his whole bears beat farm and jim tricking him and now he is even more normal and just conscious and aware. It looks like that they left the characters that everyone just enjoyed to laugh at so much and played off of eachother. Even with out Michael they could've preserved that moving forward rather than changing their personalities entirely
    The one i will never get is Kelly the new receptionist. I get that she is supposed ot bef unny in acting stupid, but almost every line and everything she does just leaves the cricket sound for me as in i get what she is trying to do but both the lines and the execution just forced. Its like she must be friends with the writers so they try to add her in and she is just unnecessary and even more unbelievable(yes even for an outlandish comedy with the likes of dwight, andy etc) I just don't buy into her and what she does. It is awkward when she is on and not the awkward she tries to intend it to be.

I would've loved to continue watching but they just left everythign I enjoyed and its a damn shame.

14. Ashcoza

Ashcoza Member

Really really curious to see what Arrested does when they get back. How could a show like that get cancelled, it was brilliant! I didn't catch onto it till last year and now i can't wait.

15. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

As much as it pains me, I agree it's best to nip it in the bud after this one.

Man I was a late bloomer with The Office and started watching it when Netflix first started streaming all of the first five seasons. Before I knew it, I found myself watching 2-3 episodes before going to bed and 2-3 episodes after waking up every morning. I eventually felt like I was a part of the Office lol I'd wake up excited to "go to work" just to see what shenanigans Dwight would be getting into.

I've still be able to find entertainment in the later to recent seasons, so I have no doubt (for me at least) they won't do no wrong with the final run.

16. Ashcoza

Ashcoza Member

haha, i am not much of a tv show watcher but i am the same way, i got hooked on the office late and even now feel almost a sense of familiarity with the characters that is why i hate how they changed it. Its one thing to evolve, its another thing to change the entire dynamic.

17. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Halloween episodes were always golden. The Christmas ones were probably better though...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cPXSGKHUSy0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. AFS

AFS Member

I'm glad they're finally bringing it to an end. Too many seasons really dilutes the quality of the show.

19. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Sad stuff, but the show needs to be put to rest. Excited for the final season though.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Thought the last season was one of the best in years actually. It would have stayed on if the actors didn't wanna bolt.