1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Final Ministry concert in Houston?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hippieloser, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Apparently Ministry is about to embark on their last-ever concert tour. The tour follows the release of their final album, "The Last Sucker." The "band" is supported by Swedish experimentalists/greatest living metal band Meshuggah and it should be quite a show-- from the press release:

"For its spectacular two-and-a-half-hour "C U LaTouR" set, Ministry will perform tracks from "The Last Sucker" as well as songs that revisit the band's rich and provocative 30-year musical history. Archival Ministry videos plus other visual elements of alchemy, Christianity, politics and other topics aligned with Ministry will be incorporated into a special video presentation, produced by "Wicked Lake" director Zach Passero (with whom Jourgensen is collaborating on the soundtrack for the feature film) that will change night to night. And, as is expected from a Ministry show, you just never know what surprise guests will jump on stage for a song or two.

'A Ministry tour is a traveling circus," states Jourgensen. "When we roll into town, everyone hides their daughters, but the freaks roll out the red carpet and a friend or two pops up on stage to add some spice and mayhem to the show. We never know who's gonna walk through the dressing room door at sound check. We rehearse a bunch of 'extra' songs just in case so-and-so shows up...'"

The Houston date is April 18 at the Verizon Theater at Bayou Place. Austin and Dallas have dates, too. I'll be attending... with earplugs. This concert is going to be LONG and LOUD.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Wow, I may have to check this out. Ministry was the best live show I've ever seen.

3. Hippieloser

I've never seen them, myself. That's why this will be a must-see!

4. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Didn't they make "Everyday is Halloween"?

5. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Yes but don't expect them to come anywhere near playing it.

I saw the stigmata tour (I have an autographed 12'' I had signed at the old record rack), The mind is a terrible thing to taste tour and then I saw them again the last time they were in town with the Revolting Cocks.

They always put on a great show. I need to find some money in the budget for this time around.

6. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Oh and I also saw them at Lalapalooza.

7. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

I saw them during the Twitch (1986?) and Land of Rape and Honey (1988) tours at #s. They were totally entertaining shows (the chemicals could have had something to do with it). I saw them next on the Animositisomina (2002?) tour which was a total disappointment. I can only imagine that the metal influence will be in full force on this upcoming tour.
    Have fun.

8. NBAHOU713

NBAHOU713 Contributing Member

Whats even more exciting, is that Meshuggah is on this tour! One of the most amazing metal bands ever. Im definately going to this.

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

With Sympathy and Twitch were amazing just like Al.I had many a good time jamming at Numbers,Fizz,Ocean Club,and of course the thurs. Riches pilgrimmage during the eighties.We saw them 2 or 3 times...fantastic stuff...what I remember. :cool:

I'll be there to bathe in the waters of nostalgia and soak up a great live show.

...many different sounds.

#9 Plowman, Jan 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  10. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Land of Rape and Honey show at Numbers was freaking amazing. Plus, they stole Lollapalooza from the Peppers.

11. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I only kill to know I'm alive

12. Secret Agent 7

one word: THIEVES!

13. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

My first time ever entering the mosh pit was during thier set at Lalapalooza.

It was muddy, dark, loud, and painful.

14. Hippieloser

So... who's got acid?

15. TraJ

TraJ Member

That was a good show. The mosh pit was fun.

The only other show I saw at Numbers was Front Line Assembly a year later or so.