1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FIFA] World Cup 2018 in Russia Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by daywalker02, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Low came out of the tunnel after halftime sniffing his hands.

I know where his hands were at halftime.

AroundTheWorld and Torn n Frayed like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Booed at the goal?

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Kimmich is a confident kid but maybe a little too over confident.

Some of the passes he sends across his own box in defense....lol....sheesh...

4. Raz

Raz Member

Well... you shouldn't lose to Austria, but I guess Löw got the impressions he wanted. Tah and Plattenhardt didn't play, that should be the ticket home for both.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Austria has been in good shape thanks to their German coach and their former Swiss coach who layed the foundation.
    [​IMG]

#165 daywalker02, Jun 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    Yung-T likes this.
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Anyone watching Brazil-Croatia? Neymar dribbling through the whole defense in the penalty area and scoring, breh is back in top shape.

Willian also playing great, wanted him at Bayern since his youth days. :(

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good test, was rather boring game except for the special moments by Neymar and Firmino.

Yeah, Tite is bringing the Donetsk connection back - Taison, Fred, Willian, Fernandinho.

I liked Casemiro. He was big defensively.

Next game - Austria......Arnautinho and Alaba.

#167 daywalker02, Jun 3, 2018
  8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Spain-Switzerland later today, should be a good one. Spain have really impressed me vs Germany a few weeks ago, they seem to be back in their 2010-12 shape.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There you go, Messi of the Alps.... Shaqiri.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

As I have already said, Spain is in one of my favourites list to win the WC.

Most teams should capitalize their chances and go all out to win this WC because once Zidane takes over as the manager of French National team after that idiot Deschamps goofs up one last time, France will become the favourite in international tournaments for a while.

France probably has the best collection of raw talent of any national team but their chemistry and management is a hot mess which is why they come up short. Zidane will most likely take over the team and he will fix that problem.

Zidane is being very slick. Left the job at RM on a high note with 3 CL trophies in a row and timed it perfectly to coincide with Deschamps final failure in WC.

[​IMG]

ramotadab, Jontro and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

what's this I'm reading about klopp being courted by madrid? he said he'll join if salah and 1 other player joins and a 200mil spending money.

any truth in this?

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Reported by Spanish media Diario Gol and then picked up by English media. All it says is that RM contacted Klopp. This on the heels of a fan poll on Marca which has Klopp as the leading choice by fans. Needless to say it looks like a troll piece.

On a scale of reputation with 0 being garbage to 5 being highly reputable, I would rank Diario Gol as 0. LOL!

That does not mean it cant happen. When Barca and RM call, people listen. All it means is that Diario Gol just sent out a click bait.

Personally, I would be shocked if Klopp pulls a Kevin Duran p***y move. He is already building a good team at liverpool and has a totally revised midfield to work with. As i had mentioned earlier, I think Fekir will join as well.

Jontro likes this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

thanks for the good news breh.

besides, i thought real madrid will be getting wenger :cool:

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Disclaimer: I believe that Real may be interested in Klopp, but:

Just a heads up, Dario Gol and Don Balon are the two worst sources ever, even shitty British tabloids are better.

These two cunt outlets make up bs rumors 24/7 without having any sources, you can immediately close every single article that has them as a source.

Jontro likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol Pochettino is saying the same thing, if he joins, Harry Kane should be coming with him.

Nothing is for sure until it's sure.

Jontro likes this.
  16. Raz

Raz Member

Löw cuts Leno, Tah, Petersen - and Sané?! WTF! Thought he was a safe candidate.

Yung-T likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just because he won a Cup, does not mean Löw is untouchable.

Trapp stays. Gündogan stays. Brandt stays. Gomez stays. Rudy stays.

This is crystal clear whose side Löw's loyalty lies.

Of course, you take the less dangerous City player in Gündogan who played even less. :rolleyes:

Lol, he forces Sandro Wagner into retirement and the guy who replaced him, he cut too. Talking about getting a player's hopes up.

#177 daywalker02, Jun 4, 2018
  18. Raz

Raz Member

Just re-signed until 2022. Unless something unexplicable happens in Russia, Löw remains untouchable.

The more I think of the Sané dismissal, the more it makes sense. We're set in the offensive line (especially with Reus finally healthy) and he never really showed up for the national team, also has the reputation to play for himself rather than for his team, lacks court vision and decision making. Maybe the staff thought he was not ready mentally or had a tough position within in the team.

From distance I would've picked him of course, definitely good enough to be on this squad, so I guess chemistry issues or something like that made the final decision in favor of Brandt.

Yung-T likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I overreacted a tad, he is still good but IMHO this squad does not have enough real 'star power' other than Kroos who is not an attacking guy upfront.

You are essentially relying on Gomez and Müller who is a false 9 to get things done, Müller needs a closer like Klose to draw the attention away.

And depending on a young 22 inexperienced Werner to score a lot from the bench.

Or else you hope the midfield can score enough and the Defense can keep games close.

That is my opinion, of course France has all the players too and decided to shet on Karim Benzema.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nobody was real good against Austria, Neuer perhaps.