1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: The Only Options: Wolves, Pelicans, or Spurs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by j@amc, Apr 10, 2018.

?

Who do you want to play?

1. Spurs

20.7%
  2. Wolves

49.2%
  3. Pelicans

30.1%
  1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

sucks that OKC cant face GSW. Rockets should have beat them on Saturday.

deb4rockets and napalm06 like this.
  2. OTMax

OTMax Member

Give me the Pelicans for most fun team to play, but give me the Spurs for revenge reasons and to see if we can beat them. It will be a great test. Don’t take the Pelicans lightly though, they have great shooters, hustlers and the best star in the West.

3. Agent94

Agent94 Member

This is not entirely true. We could still face OKC if they lose and a bunch of other things happen. Annoyingly GS has more control of their playoff destiny than we do. If they lose against Utah they have a high chance to play either Minnesota or Denver and avoid Utah and OKC in the first round. It should be a safe bet that Utah beats GS and OKC beats Memphis. Then there are only 4 scenarios.

According to ESPN matchup predictor:
    Minnesota has a 65% chance to beat Denver.
    New Orleans has a 53% chance to beat San Antonio.

Minn win (65%) and NO win (53%) we play SA = 34.45%
    Denver win (35%) and NO win (53%) we play SA = 18.55%
    Minn win (65%) and SA win (47%) we play Minn = 30.55%
    Denver win (35%) and SA win (47%) we play NO = 16.45%

tl;dr 53% chance we play SA, 30.55% Minn and 16.45% NO.

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

The GAWD

DonKnock and vlaurelio like this.
  5. Caesar

Caesar Member

This is silly and beta, man. Were an all-time great team. We'll beat any of them. Give me the Spurs with Kawhi in the 1st round, give me OKC in the 2nd round and give me a healthy Warriors in the WCF and then completely embarrass the "King" in the Finals.

I want this to be like the 95 playoff run, not the 94 where there might be an asterisk on Warriors losing to OKC or SA ala Seattle losing to Denver making it "easy" for us.

No excuses not to be in Game 7 of the WCF against GS. Anything less is pathetic and clear sign that MDA and Harden aren't built for the playoffs unless we get overwhelming talent in the summer and then it wont really matter who coaches or if one of your stars is a playoff choker.

6. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is a good point that I hadn't thought about. Can totally see someone like Patty Mills pulling a Zaza if the Spurs are about to get swept.

DonKnock and slothy420 like this.
  7. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Stay away from spurs.

slothy420 likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

gimme spurs with kawhi or okc

Soneca and juanm34 like this.
  9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

10. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I always want spurs or mavs. So I can go to road games. Pels wouldn't be band either.

macho GRANDE and hakeem94 like this.
  11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

you are an idiot. you don't work your ass off to get 1 seed just to have the most difficult path in history of the league

9baller likes this.
  12. Soneca

Soneca Member

Wolves (assuming Butler is healthy) is the best team, Spurs the best coached, Pelicans have the best player. No perfect scenario, we’ll have to cede something. No matter what, we should not lose more than on game against any one of them if we’re to win it all. I’m hoping we face the Spurs and run them off the floor. Our team is healthy and poised, I’d like to think there’s no magic Pop can do to turn Rox-Spurs into a competitive series. He’s got Mike D’Antoni’s number, though.

The only thing I’m really hoping for is the Rockets playing on Saturday instead of Sunday. I won’t be able to think properly from Wednesday on!

BigShasta likes this.
  13. macan

macan Member

would love to play SA or NO, we need redemption from last year's loss to SA but i'm kinda afraid that dirty patty from spurs gonna intentionally injury our players...so yeah NO would be nice, they really don't have a bench

14. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

The only time I'll talk ****: I want Harden to end Manu's career. I want the Spurs.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I'm sorry but the "it doesn't matter we'll crush everybody" crowd kills me.
    Yes, we've had a very good year but to act like certain teams won't give us more problems than others is just ridiculous.
    We should ALL be hoping for the path of least resistance.

#95 1Deep, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    IvanLCPM, da_juice and slothy420 like this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This is my position as well. The lack of playoff experience is a big factor.

Nook likes this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Pretty fair assessment.

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly, just to be selfish, I kind of want to play OKC or Spurs. I will miss most games after May 2nd, because they come on so late in Ireland, so the only complete series I will see is the first. I want a nail biting series, with us knocking out a great team. At least I get back June 15th, so will see us win that final game, which I hope is us defeating Mouth guard chewing Curry's Warriors.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm pretty sure Houston winning the first 4 games of that series would qualify as a valid excuse.

macho GRANDE, hieuytran and Caesar like this.
  20. OTMax

OTMax Member

All hail to Caesar ;)

Caesar likes this.