1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: rockets pursuing James Ennis, decision by Wednesday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 10, 2018.

1. mockster

mockster Member

Um, in what world do we send Gordon off for worst pieces

I’m sorry I value Gordon higher then any of those guys

I just don’t get it, Gordon has better stats then Porter and bazemore and does a lot more for us why would we downgrade?

seclusion, cbass and Remlap like this.
  2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

No I just made it up to prove a point.

YUP

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

lol if it makes you sleep better at night and get rid of unnecessary anger then sure i was dead serious, much like offering a 3 year $40 million dollar deal to Clint Capela and justifying that it's a good deal

4. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

We need another James on the team!

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Otto Porter is not worth two 1sts. At least to me.

Trevor Ariza on steroids, people.

Would he fit? Yes

Is he going to get any better offensively? Probably not

That’s a steep price to pay for shooting. Something we [surprisingly] haven’t seemed to value much this offseason.

True Rocket and saleem like this.
  6. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Want to tell me where I said Ryno for Porter straight up? Otherwise you really are just making stuff up

EDIT: just went back and read your posts in the last page. Kudos to you for acknowledging this ticks you off for some reason. Probably just recognize that anger probably distorts the way you interpret Porter related posts. I.e Ryno + 2 1st and me not wanting to spend that for him doesn’t equal suggesting Ryno for Porter straight up.

#146 Rox>Mavs, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  7. finsraider

finsraider Member

I put Ennis in the same category as Gerald Green. I'm not sure if he should be in the planned rotation against GSW, but if he needs to fill in, he's good enough at a few things to stay on the court. He seems more quality depth than a replacement for either Ariza or Luc, though that may be what he needs to be for now.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I was pulled into the Otto Porter conundrum, but in my confusion got the name mixed up with Otto the Porter, who bears a remarkable resemblance to the late Walt Disney (image below). Otto Porter, Otto the Porter - what matters is that we don't start attacking each other during this stressful period. Guys are leaving the team (with Otto carrying their luggage, no doubt), and we anxiously await the arrival of whoever Morey gets to replace them. Heck, when I first saw Ennis's name, I thought he was a member of the Ennis family of sportscasters, well known to longtime Houstonians. So who will we get? The world awaits the answer, or answers (we could use more than one wing).
    [​IMG]
    "Otto the Porter"

Zboy, Nook, xiki and 1 other person like this.
  9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

There's something about presenting an idea to the world that has lost meaning to many people. Years before we got Tracy McGrady I was talking about getting T-Mac, even though it seemed insane. I talked about Harden to the Rockets from his first day in the dorms, I'd even mention this to him when I would see him out and about during his freshman year. I talked about Randy Johnson being an Astro for maybe 5 years. I would always put him on the team in video games.

Getting Otto Porter or Jimmy Butler or even Kawhi Leonard may not be likely, but there is value with putting the idea out there for people.

I think Washington would be lucky to have Ryan Anderson. They will love his spacing and his can do attitude. He and Dwight can rekindle their flame and really space the floor with Kelly, Brad and John on the perimeter.

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Crazy things happen amirite? Like I'm sure there was some kid on the GSW bandwagon that thought "man..if we could open up enough cap room and if KD was enough of a snake....".

chievous minniefield and treyk3 like this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

That kid was named Draymond Green.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

they got us waitin till 5:45 for deputy frickin ennis now smh

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"And I loved him. But I knew Draymond. Wild, saying stupid things...So when he got kicked out of the game, I let it go."

---Hyman Roth

pippendagimp and xiki like this.
  14. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Lulz. Ariza sucked the entire series against Golden State, and Luc couldn't even play. Wasn't it Green's block that turned game 4 around? Ennis can play against Golden State, if he makes 1 shot in a potential game 7 he will have contributed more than Ariza.

tycoonchip likes this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not at all a bad post. But definitely a candidate for -- early onset Alzheimer's post of the year.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Not a bad post at all, but definitely a candidate for -- early onset of "No Sense of Humor" post of the year.

tycoonchip likes this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It was just - REALLY OUT THERE - but I smiled reading it. I sensed HUMOR. I LIKED it.

tycoonchip and Deckard like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

He is on par with Moute.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Is this deadline like Asik's deadline? 3pm?

justtxyank likes this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That's really interesting. Thanks for pointing that out.