1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: Rockets confident they will sign Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 9, 2018.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

just release him already geez....

jch1911 likes this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Or the fact that they don’t have to do anything honestly. They are likely in no rush to help Houston out. Their fans won’t care if he’s off the roster now or in October.

Typically around July 15 things slow down to a screeching halt and then kick back up during training camp. We torture ourselves every damn offseason with the daily “soon” predictions. The next two months are more important as to the offseason development then they are with the trade, free agent frenzy.

Get used to the silence on August in the NBA calendar folks.

B-Bob, mike2k132, saleem and 3 others like this.
  3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Troy Williams got released, Pick him up for Rio Grande Valley, still 23 years old.

saleem likes this.
  4. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

They have until August 31st to stretch him. It was reported that they'd like to get to a resolution fast as a courtesy to Melo to settle in unlike last year.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don’t think they should care about courtesy but your point is taken regarding the Aug 31 deadline to stretch. Wasn’t familiar with any deadlines regarding that provision.

Regardless ... it’s another month and change. No reason to wait on pins and needles until closer to the deadline.

saleem likes this.
  6. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Courtesy wasn’t my words it was from reports. They’ve essentially run out of options anyway so it’s all moot.

saleem, mockster and jch1911 like this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Iko's Carmelo article for USA Today. Oddly including a Burt Steele reference which I am guessing a very small audience segment will understand what that means.

macan, Vivi, Fullcourt and 2 others like this.
  8. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

I'm willing to clean out a room and let Melo stay at my house if that will speed things up a bit...

Tfor3, Remlap, B-Bob and 3 others like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I want the same, but I think you should be prepared for this to ride out until the deadline (august 15th?), Presti isn't stupid. They know he's going to come to us and most likely play well. They're trying to exhaust all options and possibly add seeds of mental doubt, or hope that someone else swoops in with a better offer. They're in direct competition with us and know we're the better team.

It's waiting game time...

jch1911 and bmelo like this.
  11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Makes you wonder what his clutchfans name is.

I guess @heypartner may have gotten his wish on this one.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

KellyUnchained

Deuce, Caesar, clutchdabear and 3 others like this.
  13. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

He was in the middle of clutchans drama the other day, JR just gave you his name. That said, Burt Steel made the rounds on reddit, twitter, and the Matt Thomas show on 790. not exactly a Clutchfans only reference, though I think it was first made popular here.

don grahamleone, DonKnock and macan like this.
  14. wesbound

wesbound Member

LMAO F*ck your 1 yard line, get back to the 2!!! This bullsh*t melo signing always take forever....

macan likes this.
  15. macan

macan Member

we got melo yet?

J.R. likes this.
  16. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

Article mentioned when Melo was photoshopped in Lin’s Jersey the first go-round.

Forgot to mention NeNe posting Melo in a photoshopped Rockets jersey last summer when we thought it was a done deal.

Despite that great Morey interview on The Herd and him hinting VERY strongly at us getting Melo, I won’t believe anything until it’s Shams/Woj “official”. I’ve been burned too many times.

DonKnock likes this.
  17. Remlap

Remlap Member

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Schroder makes 15.5 mil next season and has 2 more years after that at the same salary. If the Thunder keep him, won't that be a massive tax bill they're committing to?

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Saving a little money this season, and spending extra money over the next 2 seasons on Schroeders contract. Seems like that is at best a lateral move as opposed to stretching Melo. I guess they think they can move the Schroeder contract, but unless that boy has a massive attitude adjustment nobody is gonna want any part of that.

Whatever, Melo is gonna be a Rockets regardless of how people feel about it. I just want this s**t over so we can get on without offseason.

Bobsputin likes this.