1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling Giddy about the Dynasty to Come ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fuzzy88, Mar 14, 2008.

1. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Maybe I am just a bit slow, but it just hit me today: I sense a Dynasty in the making, with Tmac and Yao for the next 5+ years, but also way beyond them.

Why?
    - We probably have the savviest GM in the NBA, in picking up gems that other teams seem to miss. Case in point: Scola, Landry, and Brooks (to a smaller degree), Mike Harris (to an even smaller degree, for now), trading away burdensome contract of Mike James in exchange for a productive Bobby Jackson, and so on.

Even more exciting, Daryl is on his first year as GM. Imagine some years of experience would do to his savvy.

- We probably have a top 1-2 coaches who have the knack of getting the most out of each player. Look at the improvement in productivity for our returning supporting casts: Rafer with his shooting (still having nightmares of his floaters last year?), Hayes with his shooting (still remember his bricks from point blank last year?), Novak and his defense and rebounding.

Then look at the rookies. You can say Morrey got some great rooks from late 1st round and 2nd round, but you have to give credit to Adelman and staff for bringing them up to the NBA-level of play, no easy task, even for those with real talents.

With these 1-2 punch, DM getting great players for nothing, RA getting the most out of them, I say we are witnessing a Dynasty in the making. And I am feeling giddy....

What do you think? Better yet, how do you feel?

2. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Honestly i'd feel a lot better about our future if we traded yao.

3. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Trade him to LA for Bynum. Kobe, Gasol and Yao for five or so years. That should be no problem for the Rockets, right?

4. liangqj

liangqj Member

This reply must bring many objectors.

By the way, Morey is a candidate of the managers of the year.

5. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

lets win a championship first?

6. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

So that's why you're still a rookie!

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Usually you talk dynasty after the 2nd championship, but I have some moon real estate to sell you.

8. Tony Agosto

Tony Agosto Member

Yes I am a rookie.

But I have a problem with this negativity.

give your opinion but,

The dude said he was giddy, LET HIM BE GIDDY!

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

that's because you are a troll.

11. Panda

Panda Member

Did Yao fart in your face, midget?

12. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

honestly i'd feel alot better if clutch traded you to another board, id settle for two email registrations or a link at this point, maybe be willing to take back one of their members WhO TYP3 LiKK3 THISSS!? :cool:

13. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Now wait a dadgum minute....

14. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I believe most of us have believed a dynasty was upon us (okay well I did) since the day McGrady joined the team (remember the Shaq/Kobe comparisons?) Freakin' injuries are killing us though!

15. Pringles

Pringles Member

injuries are hurting us too much, if it wasn't for that, we could have been like the heats, except younger and more durable.

16. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

From what I recall, Shaq and Kobe didn't start winning championships until their fourth season together. It takes time to get these things going.

17. Happy187

Happy187 Member

If he is Giddy can I be Happy?

18. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Just an fyi...

Even if someone else quotes him, people usually won't respond to someone who's already on their ignore list.

Dynasty? There is some serious talent... Boston, Detroit, Portland (scary), LAL, New Orleans, San Antonio , Utah ... Seattle for sure in just 2 or 3 years... I can't get giddy about a dynasty, but I can get giddy about being a serious challenger and giddy about the many crazy games we will see.

(imho... Phoenix will lose Shaq befor long and they still have to prove they can play defense, Denver and Dallas must prove they have grit and won't implode, GS will never play defense)

#18 Cohen, Mar 14, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  19. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

:D

'Glooooom , despaaaiiiiir and agony on me...' :)

20. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

I am just happy that in the 2004 - 2005 season, we were one of if not the oldest team in the NBA. Today we are so much younger. Only Mutombo and Jackson are what I would consider old, and I don't think Jackson will end next season on this team.