1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feature] Justice League

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dmenacela, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I KNOW RIGHT
    It is a better movie
    But not a great movie - SOLID . .GOOD . . . not Great .
    Had too much bloat - but it was needed to give backstory
    This is why they should have done that in other movies
    Alot of SloMo . . .too much slomo

This would have definitely have made a great launching of their universe
    I think they may pick it up
    The Relationship with Ray Fisher is bumpy as hell but $$$$$ Changes everything

Rocket River

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  2. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

I haven’t liked the 2-3 marvel movies I’ve seen and know jack about comic books but turned this on for background while I messed around on my phone for a bit but ended but watching it all in one sitting and really enjoying it lol.

TimDuncanDonaut and Ziggy like this.
  3. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

One thing that helps is to take a break at each “part” of the movie. Makes it feel like you binge watched a series rather than sat through a 4 hour movie

Invisible Fan and Jontro like this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If they first released each chapter weekly, instead of all at once, they probably could have added millions of new subscribers from the social media hype. I feel like a lot of the awareness for this movie has been contained to the DC fans & existing HBO MAX subscribers.

tinman and Invisible Fan like this.
  5. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

I don't think that would have worked. This is the same movie 3 hours in. Overall, I liked it far better than the original, but I doubt I watch it again.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

2 hours in and i still like it.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  7. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

That is an easy fix. Kill off Cyborg offscreen as the inciting incident to the next big teamup movie, replace him with Green Lantern. Then you have the original big 7 anyway. If they want the racial diversity, they can use John Stewart Green Lantern, or Kyle Raynor if they want a Latin member. Or just recast Cyborg like they did with War Machine.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It was okay for watching at home. The fx at it's worst was muddy and awful with the 4:3 not helping. There was one scene in the middle where they didn't even draw in gal Gadot's face in entirely when she was doing a flip and swipe at steppenwolf. It was probably the original cut, but I think the prologue with lex Luther bathed in Kryptonian goo was not.

Did I mention I hated the 4:3 ratio for an action movie? It was like I was watching a bootleg on VCR

I guess the fixed ratio helped lower expectations because I fast forwarded the original afterwards to remember the trauma I originally blocked off. The original perspective and visual quality seemed more 4k like but what do I know...

Anyways, the funny moments for original were better but everything else, from cyborg's origin, the mother box exposition, the final confrontation and the cameos seemed much better in the 4 hour DVD.

That battle setting up mother box reminded me of 300 plus LoTR. It didn't look too muddy so they spent a decent chunk of their millions into extending it.

I can see why the actor for cyborg was pissed. Even snagged him saying booyah lifelessly when I was skipping through the originals differences. Realistically, it should've been a different movie setting him, the flash, and manhunter up. Then maybe the JL movie we originally knew would stick to being 2hrs like the execs wanted? Nah, that would mean planning and show runners who get it and give a **** with what each of their IP looks on cinema.

Overall, I guess it works as a tease for wanting the last movie of the Snyder trilogy, one that we all know is yet another cluster**** if it happened, but this mishmash Doomsday of a movie anthology made us curious enough to entertain the idea.

P.S. why did the Amazons build a temple housing an Earth destroying relic at the edge of a cliff?

P.S.S. Darkseid looked more like a Tolkien Middle Earth reject to me. More Orc Lord than what I was imagining from comics or cartoons. I wonder how the DC fanboys took it. I bet they just liked that they got him on screen lol.

So thirsty...I mean hungry

#588 Invisible Fan, Mar 21, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    Rocket River likes this.
  9. Caesar

Caesar Member

I watched Aquaman after and it was a nice change of pace and tone. I really feel like James Wan could have taken over and given a fresh new direction. In the long run, Batman is the only one who needs a Snyder like treatment, and the rest of the JL can be handled by someone who can do a lighter tone. That Batman brooding among these boy scout and girl scout leaders would make for a lot of potential humor. I do like Snyder's WW better than Patti's.

Snyder can get overwhelming. He hits you with non stop action until your brain goes numb and then hits you with a 10 minute slow motion scene with oddly placed music. Just when i'm getting pumped up, he makes me feel uncomfortable. If he directed a p*rn, he'd have a zoom in on some beautiful booty cheeks, only to zoom out in slow motion, revealing it's the folded arm crease of a ripped mans arm. Just as i'm able to come to terms with my new found homosexuality, he cuts to a beautiful angelic blonde on her knees looking up and the orchestral intro to Michael Jacksons "Will You Be There" blows up my headphones.
    [​IMG]

HillBoy, dmenacela, Jontro and 3 others like this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, Snyder was artsy foo foo in the first act. I fast forwarded most of that crap w/ Lois + support and saved 20 minutes. Definitely should’ve kept the scene where Martha told Lois that Clark thought she was a thirsty thot when they first met,

He definitely loves to wind tension and gloom up like a string and thinks the action packed visuals are some form cathartic joygasms. Why was Superman depressed in MoS?...who cares, blow **** up and he’ll find his answer!

Can’t say Whedon’s comic relief are great palette cleansers but at least it’s there to remind you comic book movies served as some form of escapism that didn’t involve alien mutilation or Michael Bay explosions in slow motion.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

They could do better with the look of their villains. They need to use more real-life instead of just CGI. I came across this scene the other day and it just looks more colorful and better. Someone could articulate why way way better than i ever could though.

B-Bob and Invisible Fan like this.
  12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Watched it on Thursday, long story short it's pretty great. All the crappy one liners are gone, Cyborg, Flash & Steppenwolf's character's have more depth and their motivations make more sense.

The overall plot is more or less the same but story is so much stronger that what Whedon threw out there. After watching Snyder's version, I'm kind of dumbfounded why the WB Exes felt the need to change so much. His film isn't nearly as dark or dour as BvS and the characters are feel more authentic.

Caesar and dmenacela like this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not all of them.

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The movie was heavy on black level

thank goodness my tv is supreme

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

HBO MAX, if I understood correctly, added 4K support to their app, but like... only 2 of their movies are even available in 4K? That's weak.

Caesar and tinman like this.
  16. droxford

droxford Member

Much improved and enjoyable.

My notes:
    Soundtrack was over-dramatic and incessant.
    I still don't like the weak story part where Cyborg loses control of himself and attacks Superman. Very weak.
    Didn't like the dream sequence that Bruce Wayne had at the end. Don't like dreams sequences.

I normally like Whedon's work, but this was better without it. In his defense, I suspect the studios forced their way into it, preventing F-bombs and decapitations, and demanding a more kid-friendly film (as well as a 2-hour time constraint).

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah. only on select movies/shows

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

It was pretty good. Definitely worth watching. The Whedon version was laughably bad.

Jontro likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

This is HOF movie critique, I understand exactly what you're saying.

Caesar likes this.
  20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It's a new Amazons Prime shipping option location...cliff diving using winged suits.

Invisible Fan likes this.