1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feature] Justice League

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dmenacela, Jun 8, 2012.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

No movie should ever be 4 hours long to work. They needed more time to develop (which anybody with common sense knew) instead of just throwing s**t all together for a quick cash grab. Having said that, IMO the recut is just OK. The original was just so bad, merely being OK makes it seem amazing.

I will never understand how DC f**ked this up as bad as they did. Marvel laid out a very simple blueprint on how to print money and they ignored it entirely.

Which solo movie should come first, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash? None, lets make a suicide squad movie before we introduce any of the characters.

arno_ed, Rocket River, Jontro and 3 others like this.
  2. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Man, what a ride. LOVED IT. Wish this was the release back in 2017, then we would have had JL 2 and 3 by now. What a wasted opportunity by WB in 2017. Whedon's cut was just awful.

Uprising, Blatz and dmenacela like this.
  3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The united justice league deserved a more iconic villain than a run-of-the-mill, weird-helmet guy.

Rocket River and dmenacela like this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

But does he have a horde of a million little identical villainettes that the heroes have to fight 5 at a time? Comic book movies have trained me to expect this, so I don't want to go in with false expectations.

dmenacela, runamok and B-Bob like this.
  5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

More of a 300 sequel with DC heroes. Zach Snyder is a one trick pony and his trick isn't that good.

dmenacela and Rocket River like this.
  6. Caesar

Caesar Member

I thought it was great. Batman still whack though. He looks lame with his fat short arms lookin like 90s Spawn. And Ben speaking in his soft voice? No intimidation factor. Not feeling Batfleck, but moreso because i think the overall decision to portray him was Snyders call.

#566 Caesar, Mar 20, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    Uprising and dmenacela like this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

would be better condensed to 90 minutes.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  8. Caesar

Caesar Member

Exactly. They got greedy and wanted their Avengers money right away after MoS. They all needed their solo films and Steppenwolf could have been a Wonder Woman II solo movie where Superman helps her at the end. Batman watching closely from the shadows, but too occupied with this own villain in his 2nd film-cluing that Batsy is pissed and ready to throw down with Superman for carelessly bringing in a villain none of them are expecting. Aquaman a loner gay fish in his solo movie. Flash solo movie. BvS movie. Martian Manhunter replaces WW role-she's recovering from Steppenwolf fight. Death of Superman at the end-holy **** Superman killed Steppenwolf way back when and WW couldn't take him down alone and now there's an even bigger, badder guy named Darkseid coming. How do we beat him without Superman? JL1. Boom. They fail and they weren't really a team-too many individuals still looking out for numero uno. Darkseid turns Supes. World goes to ****. JL2 is dream sequence/flashpoint paradox with cyborg at the heart of it, team still defeated bc Darkseid and Supes are not losing in 1 movie- flash saves the day in the 2nd part of JL2 like the animated movie- Flash II movie introduces former actors and new rebooted roles.

Easy money.

#568 Caesar, Mar 20, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  9. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I enjoyed it after the cluster that was the original cut. I give it a solid B. Not super fantastic, but pretty darn good. Probably cleanses the palette enough that perhaps they can jumpstart DCU. Too much Snyder slo-mo though.

10. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

[ancient lamentation music playing]

Caesar, Supermac34 and Jontro like this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

Shouldn't have killed off Michael Shannon in the first Superman movie, because Michael Shannon makes every movie better than it would be without Michael Shannon.

Prove me wrong.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When you can take a 2 and turn it into a 6 or 7, it'll seem like a 9 or 10.

13. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Very nice analysis. I like.

Caesar likes this.
  14. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I'm not a big Snyder fan but I really liked it. They basically filled the holes that made the original release confusing and bad.

However, I think part of the reason this cut felt better is because I've already seen the WW and aquaman movies plus I'm already familiar with the characters. I think the average person coming in to this cut in 2017 without any prior knowledge would still be a little confused.

Caesar and studogg like this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Also the version of Wonder Woman in the Snyder cut is very different from the one in WW84 that just came out. This one is fine with straight up murdering someone brutally in front of children and decapitating enemies to send a message.

Caesar likes this.
  16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

This WW seems much more in line with the BvS WW (not surprisingly) and not so much with the WW and WW84 version. That is to be expected with different creative voices though. Taking Man of Steel, BvS, and the Snyder Cut as a series, this is by far the strongest entry, IMO. I liked that we got a lot more Flash in this as well.

Caesar, Rocket River and studogg like this.
  17. TimDuncanDonaut

The movie...

[​IMG]

Caesar likes this.
  18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It's amazing what input from millions of people, unlimited time, and $70 million can do to help fix problems of a previously released movie.

No wait zack snyder is a genius and this was his original vision.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It seems good compared to the Whedon version because whedon had to cut a ton of the movie. It is still kind of a mess, but at least it makes more sense without all the cuts. It still has too many slow motion scenes and kind of goes on and on. I mean who really wants to watch a 3.5-4 hour movie in the theatre in one showing. Also why make this an imax format when 99% of people are streaming this on 16:10 tv. How does this guy keep getting jobs? They give you 70 million dollars and you can't make the film aspect right for a majority of people watching the movie. That is just arrogance from my point of the view.

20. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

This was the first DC movie I felt as invested in as marvel, if not more. This could have been a **** show but I thought they resurrected the film.

totally agree with the point that they rushed this out initially instead of developing the universe so I was fine with the villain choice.

that said- I nominate @Caesar for director of a rebooted universe.

Caesar likes this.