1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

favorite NFL game?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by CriscoKidd, Sep 25, 2000.

1. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I wanna know your favorite all time NFL game.

Mine?

I'm not a fan of either team, but damn it was such an awesome game!

Chiefs vs. Broncos on MNF

I think it was about 5 years ago, but I could be wrong.

Elway vs. Montana

was a close defensive game most of the way, then Elway led one of his comebacks and got the lead(by 4 I think). But he left 1:40 or sumthin on the clock and Montana led a touch down drive and left only 15 or so seconds on the clock.

Constant clutch play down the stretch.

------------------
    I am so exasperated that I could expectorate.

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Mine would have to be the MNF game between the Oilers and Dolphins in Earl Campbell's rookie year. I think he rushed for 180 yards, including the end around run for 80 yards.

Actually any game Earl Campbell played with the Oilers was memorable.

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

3. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Of course this is biased here, but I have to go with Super Bowl 31- Packers vs. Patriots in the Superdome. Green Bay's first championship in my lifetime! How sweet it was! I was at the Super Bowl that day in New Orleans- cheesehead and all. Never had a more favorite game than that, even though it never was too close.

------------------
    Looking for next year's Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

4th Friday of August= Rocket Day
    1999-Steve Francis
    2000-Maurice Taylor

5. Nomar

Nomar Member

Cat- im sorry man. This will hurt. 1998 NFC Wild Card Game. Packers vs. Niners at Candlestick. (ITS NOT 3COM DAMNIT!!!)
    8 seconds left...young stumbles... DELIVERS A STRIKE!!!!!!
    BOO YAH PACKERS!!!!!!!!!

------------------
    Starting at shortstop, for the Houston Astros, Nomar Garciaparra.
    or
    Starting at First Base, for the Boston Red Sox, Jeff Bagwell!!!

6. The Cat

Well we all know that shouldn't have counted. Rice CLEARLY fumbled on that final drive. If only instant replay had come a year earlier...

SF didn't earn that game. Period. (Well, at least in a GB fan's eyes) What's your record this year? [​IMG] (Just kidding man, was an excellent play)

------------------
    ClutchTown.com

Go Packers and Rams!

[This message has been edited by The Cat (edited September 25, 2000).]

7. The Cat

Also, need we revisit the Packers going into Candlestick in '96 and winning huge in the divisional round over the defending champs? [​IMG]

Another great memory I have (apologies to any Vikings fans here) was GB vs. Minnesota 3 games into the '99 season. Close game throughout. Favre takes the ball on his own 20 with no timeouts left, down 4, with 1:30 left. Marches them right down the field and gets to a 4th and 6 scenario on the Viking 23. No timeouts, and on the previous play the receiver didn't get out of bounds. Nothing to do but audible for about 2 seconds at the line of scrimmage and throw, as time was running. I thought the situation was impossible. 10 seconds later you saw me screaming my lungs out. Corey Bradford got wide open in the end zone for the game winning TD. A classic Favre moment that I'll always remember.

------------------
    ClutchTown.com

Go Packers and Rams!

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Mine would be the year 1997 , the Raiders sucked we had Jeff George , Tim Brown and Napoleon Kaufman put up huge numbers but our defense sucked , it was full of old guys with nothing left . We were like 2-4 and the Broncos were 6-0 coming into the season . On that day Napoleon Kaufman shattered the Raiders rushing mark with 227 yards rushing , including an 83 yard touchdown (longest of the season) on 3rd and 1 to put the Raiders up for good , On the next Drive the Broncos had the ball , Elway was looking to throw when Lance Johnstone blindsided him and he fumbled , Eric Turner (now deceased) took the ball 65 yards for the score , we won that day 28-25 , beating the eventual Super Bowl Champs , oh yeah and we haven't beaten the Broncos since [​IMG]

------------------
    This signature space for rent call 555 ...

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The Cat, fellow cheesehead here.

Mine would have to be a tie between the last games of the regular seasons in 1996 and 1997. Pittsburgh and Minnesota at Lambeau, respectively.

The first game we sat in the sky boxes, the second game we were 11th row, 50 yard line. I still haven't regained full use of my fingers since that game.

------------------
    Cheerleaders are just dancers who've gone r****ded.

visit www.swirve.com

10. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Ditto Bob & Behad. That game helped put Luv ya Blue on the map.

------------------
    I am the b*stard son of LHutz.

Huh?

Right!

11. The Cat

Last game I went to Lambeau may qualify for this too. I went to the game in November of '97 I believe where they played Dallas up at Lambeau. Dallas had beaten them I think 7 straight times, but it was payback time, and EVERYONE knew it. The windchill was about -10 and the temperature in the 15-20 degree range. Couldn't have cared less about that when it started though. Favre took charge all game, and they beat the Cowboys 45-17 (I think- might be a point or two off with the score). They had to make a statement against Dallas, and they sure did. As a Packer fanatic and Cowboy hater, it was one heck of a scene. They thouroughly whipped the Cowboys for 60 minutes. How sweet it was!

(OF course, after it ended, it took my fingers quite a while to come back too [​IMG])

------------------
    ClutchTown.com

Go Packers and Rams!

12. PhiSlammaJamma

Although it was not a great game, how about Moon's performance against the Chiefs. In the snow, against the number one pass defense, 534 yards through the air. Wow.

Bills vs Oilers, any game, was awesome and remains to be one of the great series in NFL history.

But the all time greatest game for me has got be the Giants vs. Bills superbowl. That game had everything you could want. It was a game I will always remember.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

[This message has been edited by PhiSlammaJamma (edited September 26, 2000).]

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

dang i thought this was a video game question....

------------------
    Fun Police Says:

1. Stupid threads & Stupid BBS names are not FUN!
    2. Spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure are not FUN!
    3. Conduct yourself in a FUN way!

The Fun Police are Watching.
    Vote for the Rockets & Have FUN!

REDSKINS SUCK!!!!!!!!

14. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

My favorite was between the Dolphins and Chargers..for the life of me I cant remember what year it was,but I belive it was the early 80`s
    The Dolphins and Chargers went back and forth and at the end Kellen Winslow who had become dehydrated came up big......I`m a Dolphin fan and even though we lost it was an awesome performance by both teams.My second choice would be any game in 1984 that Dan Marino scorched the NFL record books [​IMG]

------------------

15. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I saw that game. Very exciting. If you remember, Drew Hill caught a 40-something yard pass that he was called out of bounds on. Replays showed it was a legal catch. Add that to Moon's total and he breaks the single game yardage mark.

That game had everything except a last second winning field goal.

------------------
    Save our children from the TAAS test:
    TAAS test report card
    TAAS test fact sheet

16. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I remembered another one I enjoyed.

Thanksgiving Day game. Cowboys vs Dolphins.

In Dallas, and there was ice and snow all over the field. One play, Kevin Williams returned a kick for a touchdown and slid into the inzone like an iceskater. Emmitt played good, but big 250 pound(at least) Lincoln Coleman from the Arena league had a big game.

Of course Leon Lett blew it, but it was still a great game.

I also enjoyed the many beatings Dallas gave the Packers(sorry Cat [​IMG] )

Another : the NFC championship 2 years ago, Atlanta over the hated Viqueens.

um that's all I can think of for now.

------------------
    I am so exasperated that I could expectorate.