1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fatwa for "Gay Jesus" playwrite

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RichRocket, Sep 28, 2001.

Tags:
  1. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm wondering how many people out there started to read the article and thought "what the hell would a Muslim care about Jesus Christ?!"

3. Timing

Timing Member

Aww... isn't that sweet! From holy war to holy death warrant. Is there anyone that Muslims don't want to kill?

4. Major

Major Member

<B>Is there anyone that Muslims don't want to kill?</B>

Is there any group of people you don't ignorantly stereotype?

5. Timing

Timing Member

Would you care to substantiate your idiotic claim? Or is that irrelevant to your making a claim based on nothing? LOL

I guess you agree with death warrants for putting on plays. Care to enumerate the numerous religious groups who give death warrants sponsored by governments? I guess that number would be about one. That's probably irrelevant too though, I can't wait to find out why. *yawn*

#5 Timing, Sep 29, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2001
  6. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

Would you care to substantiate your idiotic attack on another poster? Or is that irrelevant to how incredibly ignorant your original post is? LOL

I guess you agree that all Muslims are killers. LOL You're so ignorant and close-minded... *yawn*

:rolleyes:

Azim da Dream

7. Timing

Timing Member

My attack on another poster? Err... you do read English right? You're obviously lacking in original thought, but at least try to read what's written pal.

8. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

Yeah, its a good thing you edited your post, before anyone saw it, eh Timing?

Azim da Dream

9. Major

Major Member

<B>Would you care to substantiate your idiotic claim? </B>

Sure, ask any Muslim poster here if they want to kill someone. When they tell you "no", there's the substantiation for your ignorant comment:

"Is there anyone that Muslims don't want to kill?"

If you're truly asking that question because you don't know the answer, then you're simply ignorant. If you're saying it as a comment about Muslims, you're making an ignorant, inaccurate, and racist stereotype. Sorry, I figured it was simple enough that it didn't need an extra explanation.

10. Timing

Timing Member

The substance is not changed. Maybe you don't read well. Perhaps you would be better served to stay out of things you have no knowledge of. If you had the knowledge, then you might understand shanna's past tendencies to attack me without provocation. Shanna's post was weak, tired, and pretty much stupid as hell. If he/she/it wants to call me a racist then provide the posts that substantiate that or don't accuse me. The same goes for you and anyone else.

11. Band Geek Mobster

Timing,
    Why do you act like such an *******?

12. Timing

Timing Member

First, I asked the question in a bit of sarcasm. Not that you would have any grasp on humor but when a religious faction sponsored by ALL Muslim nations says it will give capital punishment for putting on a friggin play, then the question is there anyone that Muslims (as a whole, as a world wide community) don't want to kill is pretty fair.

You once again want to get into the business of extrapilating things that aren't there and trying to insinuate that by "Muslims" I mean to say every single Muslim walking the Earth, which is obviously ridiculous but it's what I have come to expect from you so I should not be surprised.

13. Timing

Timing Member

My post was perfectly harmless yet has once again been subject to attack by Shanna who doesn't seem to have much else to offer than to bait me into pointless trivial arguments based on about nothing. Maybe you need to ask someone else that question BGM.

14. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Hey Shanna, you're encroaching on my turf. I thought I was the king of the pointless, trivial argument (case in point: the never-ending thread about "The Joker").

15. Major

Major Member

<B>First, I asked the question in a bit of sarcasm. Not that you would have any grasp on humor but when a religious faction sponsored by ALL Muslim nations says it will give capital punishment for putting on a friggin play, then the question is there anyone that Muslims (as a whole, as a world wide community) don't want to kill is pretty fair.</B>

Yeah, insulting a whole religion (that you obviously don't understand) is OK, at long as its sarcastic. :rolleyes:

<B>You once again want to get into the business of extrapilating things that aren't there and trying to insinuate that by "Muslims" I mean to say every single Muslim walking the Earth</B>

When you refer to the entire group, you indicate you are referring to the majority, or at least representing their beliefs. That's why I referred to it as an ignorant <I>stereotype</I>. If you weren't stereotyping, you wouldn't have referred to the Muslim population. Instead, you would have said something along the lines of "Is there anyone the Shari'ah Court does not want to kill?". When you extrapolate it to the entire Muslim community, you can be sure I will comment on that.

If you'd like me to stop "attacking" you, you can stop posting racist/stereotyping comments.

By the way, since you're so into substantiation, why don't you tell me how you came up with this:

<B>I guess you agree with death warrants for putting on plays. </B>

I'd like to see the logical translation of my comment, "<I>Is there any group of people you don't ignorantly stereotype?</I>", into me agreeing with death warrants. Or is it you that goes around posting things to bait posters?

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You almost had a point before you posted that... lol.

I swear Christians cause nothing but war and are nothing but sinners... well... uh... by Christians I don't mean ALL Christians. :rolleyes:

"Extrapilate" that.

17. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

The sheik: "He will be arrested and there will be capital punishment."

RR: When's the trial? No trial = no appeal. What a system!

"(The sheik) said that under Islamic law, Mr McNally could only escape the fatwa by becoming a Muslim. If he simply repented he would still be killed - but his family would be cared for by the Islamic state."

RR: That's a lousy escape plan, but it has nice benefits!

I find it interesting that this group is not characterized in the article as any kind of extremist organization. Does that mean that they are just run-of-the-mill Muslims? That would seem unlikely. Have any of you heard of other "minor" fatwas issued in the US? Rushdie is the only other one that I've heard about. They must by flying all over the place.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Oh yeah.... last time it happened to me was when I was hoopin' at UH about 8 or 9 years ago. Been scared ever since.

Anybody else with a fatwa story to share?

19. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

DoD: I'm serious. If they issued one against that playwrite, there are many, many more "eligible" people-- according to these standards.

20. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I highly doubt there are alot of stupd ass people who go around writing a homesexual play about Jesus or Mohammed.