1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2018-19]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 2, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

i have david johnson in 2 leagues. he could be better of course but so can alot of the 1st round busts. absolutely happy i didnt take bell. the idea is to draft with depth so that you're not relying on just your top picks. I'm doing just fine with DJ as my top pick. he hasn't been absolutely terrible to where hes giving fantasy teams nothing. with the OC firing news now, this can be nothing but good for DJ now as the season moves forward

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

your rb depth is a much bigger issue than DJ

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I am 4-2 in both leagues for money. And 3-3 in the free Clutchfans one. Hopefully, they start passing more to Johnson after this week.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

While the ARI offensive line is pretty bad and the play calling has been really bad, DJ has really good schedule through the rest of the season... SF, Bye, KC, OAK, LAC, GB, DET, ATL, LAR.

YOLO likes this.
  5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

My emphasis on avoiding Johnson was also related to the coaching staff change AND QB change. To me, QB change is a very big deal. It can completely nuke a WR's value in a hurry. Fitzgerald was solid as a rock last few seasons and now he's nothing.

It is unfathomable that a new staff can come in and totally destroy everything that was going right, but it happens all the time. Mike McCoy was fired in the middle of the season with Denver last year for doing the same boring scheme ****.

Why Arizona left a rookie QB and a stud RB to a total numbnuts like Mike McCoy is beyond me. How many times did he run right up the gut into an 8/9 man front?

The Arians system used DJ as a receiver a lot more and played to the over the middle strengths of Larry Fitzgerald. No idea what McCoy was trying to do. I get that a lot of those runs are simply to protect a greenhorn QB from making a bad decision, but you can easily call a little screen or a jet sweep or something misdirection related. Running directly up the gut into an 8 man front should be grounds for being fired on the spot.

Leftwich has been a hot name as an offensive mind the past couple seasons, maybe he'll be able to get the ball into DJ's hands in better spots and not set him up to fail.

Makes DJ an interesting buy-low candidate if you can afford to pry him away.

#565 moestavern19, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    NewRoxFan likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

Weird rumor... JAX acquiring Carlos Hyde from CLE?

Wow, I have Fournette, Yeldon, Hyde... and Chubb.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

not good news for fournette. hopefully its not IR

8. NewRoxFan

Rumor confirmed:

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

This can't be good news for 4net's rest of season outlook.

The biggest winner here appears to be Nick Chubb owners.

10. NewRoxFan

Melvin Gordon came up with a hamstring injury. Was starting him in both leagues I play in. OK, its a bad break... but I have Sony Michel, I will just play him in both games...

[​IMG]

11. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i have some bad news for you

12. NewRoxFan

I think that was the meaning "me jumping out of the window" gif. Gordon is out next week on a bye, and all I need is Bell returning to displace Conner and my oversupply of RBs goes down to Barkley and Lindsay.

And on my PPR team... I go down to whoever starts in JAX (Hyde or Yeldon) and Chubb(Fournette nursing a boo boo; Michel gone, and Gordon out).

[​IMG]

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

@moestavern19 Kerryon Johnson ....
    o_Oo_Oo_O

Uhm this dude is legit. If Blount was not stealing all of the TD's he would be up there with Saquon Barkley for the rest of the season.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Blount will keep stealing them. That was the crux of the argument.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Whoever was ready to cut Andrew Luck after Week 3... hope you didn't.

16. NewRoxFan

That was me... I was wrong and should have kept him, but I have won 3 straight since despite the mistake.

17. The Stig

The Stig Member

So I had a deal to trade for Fournette for my Edelman/Clement that was agreed upon before the Hyde trade but was accepted for this week since I had like 6 players on bye week. Now someone think we colluded for whatever reason... this trade seemed fair now, no?

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I've got Luck & Mahomes for PENNIES. No wins though.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

What? You didn't use a 3rd round pick on a QB? Are you mad?

join moesisafantasyexpert.com now for just $129.99 for the rest of the season!

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

PPR

Philip Lindsay @ KC
    Or
    Mark Ingram @ MIN