1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Hmm... switched to Dan bailey at last minute... Lutz gets a few FGs, Bailey gets two PATs and then hurts his groin and leaves for the day. Yes, its been that kind of day. :oops:

2. mulletman

mulletman Member

Does anyone have an opinion on Isiah Crowell? I have him on my roster (w/ McCoy, Ingram, Montgomery, and Peterson) but I’m debating if I should cut him (or DeVante Parker) with a lot of my players on bye this week.

Is anyone on here still hanging on to Crowell? I’m having a hard time dropping him mostly because I drafted him so high (4th round)...

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think you have to cut bait on Crowell at this point. He's wasting roster space. RB bust rate is high, don't fall victim to the sunk cost fallacy. Evaluate everyone on your roster regardless of what price you paid to acquire them.

The assumption in Cleveland was that they would go to a more ball-control offense which would feature a lot of Crowell. However, that has not been the case and they have been running a lot of spread offense even with a rookie QB. Duke Johnson surprisingly has reverted back to 2015 form and is receiving the only real value touches. The experts were wrong on how the Cleveland offense would operate. It happens.

mulletman likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

Had him for a week, he did nothing, dropped him. If you drafted him in the 3rd or 4th I guess I see the resistance to dropping him, and it does seem his use is increasing slightly, but CLE is such a train wreck and losing Thomas only makes it worst. Seems there are better options.

One such... Lat Murray? With bye weeks coming up next week, I am very tempted to bail on Dion Lewis and pick up Lat Murray with a waiver claim since MIN has a good OL and with CLE coming up you'd think Murray will get good use to close out the win. While Lewis seems to be getting more use in NE and a good matchup coming up versus LAC I always worry that Belichek will outsmart everyone and go to another RB.

I can actually use my NO DST drop to add Murray, but I also need to improve my WRs.(Adams especially). But I can wait on that change. But would you add Murray, and would you replace Lewis with Murray?

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Josh Doctson started at receiver over Terrelle Pryor. Hmmmm.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I can’t believe I drafted Mr. Pryor in the 3rd round.

I drafted decently otherwise, making 5-2 now after Wentz and Ertz saved me tonight.

7. NewRoxFan

Yes and I believe Pryor didn't get targets until the second half. Changing of the guard even though Doctson didn't really gain all that much he got the targets and both coach and QB called him out as the guy drafted to be WR1.

Golladay should start this coming Sunday and Davis the next week. Plus Westbrook and maybe Williams soon.which will make for some interesting times. Hopefully I make a good choice because my WRs are struggling.

8. NewRoxFan

Saw this tweeted "‘16 offseason acquisitions Sammy Watkins, Alshon Jeffery & Terrelle Pryor have a COMBINED 62-841-5 stat line in ‘17 while in their walk-year".

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

There is definitely a consensus that a WR1 switching teams is usually a negative for the WR. His role has nowhere to go but down if he had WR1 value the year before. Jeffrey is a bit surprising because Wentz is thriving right now but all the benefit is going to Ertz and Agholor. Watkins was never expected to be near what he was in Buffalo but it is also surprising given that the Rams have been successful offensively as well, but Gurley has been the major beneficiary of that so far. Woods gets the most targets. Kupp seems to be the favorite red-zone target, and Watkins is an after thought. A shiny toy that you rarely play with.

The situation in Washington really puzzles me. Pryor put up 1000 yards in his first full year playing the position and made several great plays on deep balls in Cleveland. Washington seems to have no interest using him in that role and Cousins has prefered Doctson on deep shots the entire year, despite Doctson not starting. Jamison Crowder has also curiously been a complete non-factor after being kind of a poor man's Jarvis Landry last season. I think at this point its pretty obvious that Pryor is not going to be used where he is best because Washington feels Doctson is the guy.

FA signings don't always work out. Pryor is a square peg right now. Too similar to Doctson. But Crowder being putrid along with Reed doing absolutely nothing (save for last night) is weird.

There is a bit of a divide in the fantasy expert community right now on how to value Doctson going forward. In a season-long league, you're not investing much to acquire him off waivers, so it is nothing but another dart throw. I think expectations have to be tempered. The fact is Cousins has long favored Jordan Reed (when healthy) as his go-to target. Chris Thompson has been the only pass catcher worth owning in Washington and he's the starting RB.

I think the Washington offense has a few glaring problems now. The offensive line has sustained injuries and Cousins looked flustered several times last night and made several terrible decisions because of it. Some QBs can thrive when pressure is around. Some will fold. Cousins is a folder. Wentz is a thriver.

So right now I say definitely add Doctson as a bench stash if you can get him, but I'd temper the expectations on him. In a PPR you're hoping he can be a decent WR3. In a standard league you like that he gets end zone targets.

10. NewRoxFan

Hoping I can snag Doctson with my now injured Bailey spot and then hopefully either Davis or Golladay with my extra DST spot. Then take my time grabbing a replacement kicker. If I miss out on the second WR I will look at Robby Anderson or maybe take a flier on Willie Snead.

11. 523744

523744 Member

Need help on a potential trade. League info: 10 team league, .5 PPR

Current starting roster:
    QB: Brees
    WR1: Mike Evans
    WR 2: Chris Hogan
    RB 1: Kareem Hunt
    RB 2: Jerick McKinnon
    TE: Travis Kelce
    Flex: Alvin Kamara

Bench: Evan Engram, OJ Howard, Marlon Mack, Martavis Bryant..

The offer is McKinnon and Kelce for Devonta Freeman, should I take it?

I think accepting may be a no-brainer to some, but any insight/advice would be much appreciated!

12. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

What’s your record?

Realistically it’s a risk because of Mckinnon’s slow start & the great production Evan Engram has had, he’s literally the only thing Eli has to throw to.

It’s a risk i’d take if i’m 4-3, maybe 5-2, but if you’re 6-1 or 7-0 why try to fix it if it isn’t broken.

Maybe counter & if the guy has any good recievers, switch out Kelce for said reciever.

13. hvic

hvic Member

I picked up Bailey last min bc Gano was injured and I lost that week by 2 f points.

14. NewRoxFan

Ouch... well, I lost by 18, so his injury didn't hurt me like he did you.

I made some changes... got Wil Lutz back (and will keep ROS), used a waiver claim on Josh Doctson and while I was at it I also added Corey Davis. My WRs were a collective poop the bed so hopefully at least one of the two new ones is a hit. Dropped Davante Adams in the process, but without Rodgers Adams slips from a high-end WR2 to WR4. Really looking forward to seeing Corey Davis team up with Mariota.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I think Corey Davis will be huge. Mariota needs to stay healthy, but I think Davis will kill it this year.

16. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

What do you guys think of OJ Howard? TE's been a rotating adventure for me this year and I'm thinking of taking a chance and swapping out Zach Miller for him.

My team is:

Brees
    Freeman
    Bell
    M Thomas
    Hogan
    Z Miller
    Agholor

17. NewRoxFan

Don't like Miller that much. But isn't OJ Howard limited by Cameron Brate, who is the valued TE on TB?

18. NewRoxFan

Three interesting stats:
    • KC has not had a turnover since Kareem Hunt fumbling on his first carry in week 1.
    • WAS defense has only allowed two QBs to throw multiple TDs... Wentz in week 1, and Wentz in week 7.
    • HOU is 21-0 since 2014 when leading at the half.

hvic likes this.
  19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Jerick McKinnon (CLE) or Dion Lewis (LAC) in the flex this week?

20. NewRoxFan

Interesting choice. McKinnon would seem a good choice but CLE is pretty good against the run. Lewis is hot right now but who knows with Belichek. I'd flip a coin and choose McKinnon with hope he gets some yard via pass.

rhino17 likes this.