1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

famous cc.net lurker invites you laugh at the Jazz

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ChrisP, Jul 27, 2000.

1. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

Wh'sup hp? A friend of mine, who's pretty good buddies with said lurker, went to see Tamalalia last weekend and highly recommended it as well. I've got a lot of old UH theatre buddies myself in the IBP company and I like to support them when I can. They do some very unique stuff.

Since money's tight, I'll probably shoot for a $10 Thursday performance rather than the $15 Fri/Sat shows.

------------------

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Thanks for the plug, HP.

I am said lurker. Come on out and see Tamalalia for merciless Jazz bashing. And if you do, introduce yourselves to Tamarie and me (Nodler's the name). Would love to meet any and all.

ChrisP: who's your friend?

------------------

3. ChrisP

Hey Batman, welcome to the board!

My buddy's name is Kilian. Great guitar player and IBP supporter. He and I go way back.

Jason, you and I have met before, but at parties, so you may not remember. Looking forward to catching the show.

------------------

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Damn this is a small world...
    So did you ever jam with De Schmog.

heyschweetie had a crush on Kilian before she met me. So I know him quite well.

Kilian works with Joel the director of bobbindoctrine.

Oh and I believe this link has a picture of Chris on it.
    http://www.worshipguitars.org/texasguinnesslovers/

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited July 27, 2000).]

5. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

ChrisP:

If we met at parties, there's a 50/50 chance I'd remember. I drink a bit. Kilian's very cool. Everyone should go see his band Texas Guinness Lovers at Rudyards this weekend.

HP:

Didn't get the link to the ChrisP photo.

It is truly bizarre, after lurking on the Rocket board for about a year, to be posting about IBP, Bobbindoctrin, Kilian and Rudyards.

------------------

6. ChrisP

Uh, oh... I suspected I might know you heypard! Kil and I have been friends since grade school so I might know your heyschweetie at least. I've been trying to get him to come on this board too since he's a big Rockets/Comets fan. He and I try to get out and shoot hoops every week (sometimes frisbee golf or ultimate) - want to join in?

I never jammed with de Shmog but I got to watch them "grow up" from their beginnings practicing in Kilian's room at his mom's house.

Regarding Bobbindoctrine: Kil's been prodding me to catch one of their shows since I got back from Denver. They sound like something I would enjoy but I just haven't caught a show yet.

hp & Batman, actually that's not me in those pics. That Chris is in the band. I'm not a musician, I'm theatergeeky (as Batman says).

Batman, drinking at parties? Get outta here! I'll corner you at the show (maybe next Thursday?) and re-introduce myself. If I wasn't too fogged at those parties myself, I just might recognize you. [​IMG]

This is weird, isn't it? I've been around this board since '96 (lurking mostly) and never imagined I would actually know somebody on here. Very small world indeed!

BTW, for anyone else who might be reading this thread... Texas Guiness Lovers is a fun band and they're playing Rudyards Pub this Friday and The Ale House on August 5.

------------------

7. heypartner

i'm on the ultimate@interliant.com mailing list. hell, maybe we have already played ultimate together. I've certainly played with Kilian. I'll see you at Rudz then.

8. ChrisP

I bet we have, hp. I've hooked up with the Interliant gang for a game or two in the past.

------------------

9. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OK, I'm scared now - If anyone posts and says they are related to anyone else (without having known before), I am going to have to leave the board.

Who would have thought so many theater people would be on a Rockets website?

------------------
    "One evening I seated Beauty on my knees. And I found her bitter."

"I am a sick man...I am a wicked man. An unattractive man. I think my liver hurts."

10. heypartner

hey rimmy, if you like bobbindoctrine, you've got to see this.

The lurker popped up for the cc.net night out at the Barkley game. He's the Artistic Director of the infamous "warehouse" theatre company, Infernal Bridegroom Productions, and is inviting everyone at cc.net to come to Tamalalia 2000 and enjoy a play that includes a seen about those Utah Jazz villians.

He and Tamarie are diehard Rockets fans, so it's fitting they would finally address that in one of their plays. These Tamalalia's are always fun.

Here's his email and preview, here's the link to the front page of citysearch.com that has a review:
    http://houston.citysearch.com/
    (see "Temporarily Insane")

> Heypartner,

> xxxxx xxxxxx calling, from Infernal Bridegroom. Remember? Thanks again for
    those tickets...

Tamarie's show is on at Stages. Thought you might be tickled to know that
    > the white boys of the Jazz (Ostertag, Stockton, Hornaceck, J. Sloan) are
    > included in the scene where Tamarie tries to reform history's greatest
    > villians. They're all there -- Hitler, Stalin, Gengis Khan, Pol Pot and the
    > Utah Jazz. The show's Tamalalia 2000. Plays Thursdays-Saturdays at Stages
    > Repertory Theatre. 713-52STAGE for tickets.
    >
    > If you think the CC.net folks would be interested, feel free to post. Never
    > did figure out my login/password situation.

rimmy...email me at heypartner@yahoo.com if you want to go Saturday.

11. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Kind of blows the whole stereotype of actors huh Rimy?"

------------------