1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FACT] The Democrats LIE!...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROXRAN, Mar 3, 2006.

Tags:
  1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1135749/posts

President bush has lied to you I guess, somwhere in opinion and conjecture the reasoning although slanted comes to this...but I got to thinking of my checkbook and how it isn't balanced beacuse I only focus on one account, when I should focus on the three accounts I have since they are in effect equal, and I ask why focus on one, when the others are just as important? Suddenly I realized there seems to be less vocalization of LIES unless it seems directly cerebrally proportionate to ideology as it relates to president Bush...

The point of this exercise is to ask who is beyond the lies? Who has an undisputable record of criticism when it comes to who LIES or not? What I am referring to is the political folk. Is a congressman, or representative tatamount to LIES? Bush is 1979. I'm talking about your future. Is this important to you? Who can you trust? Can you really trust him or her? Would you like to know it all? Can you handle the lies? More importantly, can you handle the truth?

The site is relatively old, but it pays homage to the LIES...

All hail LIES!

2. insane man

insane man Member

these recent lies havn'et been from 79. they've been from a couple months ago.

3. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

They were just following "The Leader".

4. ROXRAN

Why focus on what happened yesterday, or a few months ago when LIES are a track record? Are LIES more than a few months ago so far diminished that they matter not?

If a politician LIES a couple years ago, is it acceptable? Using your logic President Bush will be vindicated in opposing thought process in no time. So shallow this thought process...I pity.

5. ROXRAN

They are leaders. They LIE! As a collective (Congressional government) they are on equal footing as the Executive government.

It does not take away that they are your LIARS!

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They used to be on equal footing, and yes they do lie.

7. ROXRAN

They should be on equal footing, what can be done to stop future LIES on both sides?

8. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

You say you want a revolution
    Well, you know
    We all want to change the world
    You tell me that it's evolution
    Well, you know
    We all want to change the world
    But when you talk about destruction
    Don't you know that you can count me out
    Don't you know it's gonna be all right
    all right, all right

You say you got a real solution
    Well, you know
    We'd all love to see the plan
    You ask me for a contribution
    Well, you know
    We're doing what we can
    But when you want money
    for people with minds that hate
    All I can tell is brother you have to wait
    all right, all right
    Ah

ah, ah, ah, ah, ah...

You say you'll change the constitution
    Well, you know
    We all want to change your head
    You tell me it's the institution
    Well, you know
    You better free you mind instead
    But if you go carrying pictures of chairman Mao
    You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow
    all right, all right
    all right, all right, all right
    all right, all right, all right

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree they should be. To stop future lies is for people to get upset when they are lied to, and do something about it. They need to write letters, vote people out of office, and hold them accountable.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Human beings will lie when it's expedient. When it keeps them out of trouble. Few people are willing to be honest to the extent to where it causes self-sacrifice. They value themselves above truth...above integrity. Welcome to mankind.

11. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I agree

But lying about why you voted a certain way on a bill is a little different than lying to the American people why young, American men and women are being killed in an elective war don't you think?

12. ROXRAN

The problem is people don't do something about it, if their ideology is threatened...People make excuses and the level of vocalization and action is proportionate to political belief.

For example, there are instances where you can say Clinton lied to us, Bush lied to us, ...and I'm pretty sure the next President regardless of party affliation will be criticized for lying to us...it is an evident trend. I would be willing to bet every President has LIED! What we do at the earliest level determines whether this continues or not...the problem is I see problems at the earliest levels, it's a system that has no wisdom. The devil split us in pairs...the despair is it's likely this has to be an accepted resignation of how government works. the truth is the truth is not out there unless people change...It is hard to change.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i'm not even talking about the particulars. i'm not talking about the weight of the consequences, because frankly, when people start to lie, they don't weigh those consequences either.

i'm not defending anyone here. that's my point. who of us hasn't lied to save our own butts at some point?

14. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

understood

thanks Max

15. ROXRAN

A LIE is a LIE, the consequences depend on a concept, and whether my LIE causes 1 million people to die, or a $50 fine the concept of the deed is the same.

When we try to weigh degrees of LIES, we allow acceptance of LIES...

16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Are LIES worse when they are ALL CAPS? :confused:

17. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

They all lie. Clinton lied. Bush lied.

Apologists for either side are equally idiotic.

However, it only makes sense that after 8 years of listening to the Republicans dance around and chant "Clinton is a liar and a sleazeball", the Democrats are more that thrilled that Bush is equally as inept of covering up his many lies.

I dont like either party, but you gotta admit that lying about a blowjob isn't as bad as lying about going to war. But then again, maybe my "values" aren't in step with the average Amercian.

18. ROXRAN

The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps woill be emboldened tommorrow." - President Bill Clinton 1998

"Saddam's goal...is to achieve the lifting of U.N. sanctions while retaining and enhancing Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs. We cannot, we must not and we will not let him succeed." - Secretary of State Madeline Albright, 1998
    ,br> "Iraq is not the only nation in the world to possess weapons of mass destruction, but it is the only nation with a leader who has used them against his own people." - Senator Tom Dashle, 1998

"There is no doubt that...Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear weapons programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of allicit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." - Senator Bob Graham, December 2001

"Iraq does pose a serious threat to the stability of the Persian Gulf and we should organize an international coalition to eliminate his access to weapons of mass destruction. Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to completely deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." Former Vice President Al Gore, 2002

"I share this administration's goals in dealing with Iraq and its weapons of mass destruction." - Richard Gephardt, September 2002

"There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein's regime is a serious danger, that he is a tyrant, and that his pursuit of lethal weapons of mass destruction cannot be tolerated. He must be disarmed." - Senator Edward Kennedy, September 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." - Fomrer Vice President Al Gore, September 2002 br> "In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Queda members, though there is apparently no evidence in his involvement in the terrible events of September 11, 2001. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security." Senator Hillary Clinton, October 2002

LIES about going to WAR!...

19. ROXRAN

a LIE is a LIE...

20. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

actually, it takes an extremely honest man to fess up to infidelity.
    it takes only a moderately decent human being to not lie to send a nation to war.