1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FACT] George Bush is a Liar

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Batman Jones, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

This piece doesn't even cover all of his major lies -- for example it leaves out the blatant and irrefutable whopper about how the government would never, ever wiretap its citizens without a warrant when he was actively involved in doing exactly that -- but while I'd been meaning to post a list of his most blatant and egregious lies, my passion about such things is apparently less than appreciated around here these days. And I have a really hard time not getting ****ing furious about the president of the United States lying his ass off and people dying as a result. So here's this blog instead.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stephen-elliott/george-bush-is-a-liar-he_b_16609.html

George Bush Is A Liar. He Lies He Lies He Lies. Seriously, He Lies A Lot. It's Becoming A Problem

The worst is that the lies never stop. We have been told that we invaded Iraq searching for weapons of mass destruction and told that there was a connection between al-Qaeda and Saddam Hussein. We were told that the mission was accomplished and then told of the progress being made in Iraq even as the country teeters on the brink of civil war.

We were told by President Bush on a campaign stop in Wisconsin that "thanks to America's actions Saddam's torture chambers have been closed" on the same week that every magazine and newspaper in the world printed pictorial evidence to the contrary. Now we have proof of more lies. When the President's credibility couldn't sink any lower. Four days after the levees break in New Orleans President Bush told ABC News that nobody could have known that the levees would break but videos just released show George Bush being told exactly that, the day before the levees broke. Bush was in fact warned of just what could happen in New Orleans and told that it was very likely.

But he chose to deny that. Why? Because George Bush is a liar. To lie is the first instinct of this administration. It's the same reason Dick Cheney decided not to tell anyone when he shot a man in the face. And then they're surprised when we don't trust them to sell our ports to Dubai?

I was in New Orleans just days after Katrina hit. Watching this video footage showing Bush in another outrageous lie made me ill to my stomach. At what point are the people that voted for this man going to get to work undoing the damage they have done? Where is the congress with the guts to impeach this fraud? These are the same people who went after Bill Clinton for getting a blowjob. George Bush let New Orleans flood, and he knew he was doing it, and he lied about it, and it's all on tape. What more do they need?

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

3. yo

yo Contributing Member

this will probably be my first and last comment in the d&d:

welcome to the world of politics. conservative, liberal, tree hugger, whatever.

politics is one big lie.

4. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

So now Bush maniulates the weather? :eek:

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I never had sex with that woman.

6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Nice try at deflection, Giddy.

I notice that you don't dispute Bush lied.

#6 glynch, Mar 2, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  7. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

8. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I'd really really really like to hear an honest answer to this question...

9. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Freedom.

10. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Sacrifice.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Wow .. .is that truly the best defense you can come up with?

Rocket River
    :rolleyes: :( :confused:

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Which doesn't change the fact that Bush lied.

13. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're right, but you did get a blow job.

14. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

No, but he controls the federal government and could have done a number of things to improve the response to Katrina. Instead, he went to his ranch. Then, afte rthe levees broke, he lied about not being able to foresee the levee breaches.

I guess there is no defense, which is why you threw out the inane statement quoted above.

15. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

B-b-b- Clinton..!!!

Seriously, everyone know this, the only one's who won't care are the supporters who think he is lying for our security. Those types cannot be convinced.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One thing the tape makes me realize is that Browney wasn't as bad as I first thought.

He was there warning Bush about broken levies, evacuations that weren't happening, and the way the floods might ruin evacuation procedures. He warned about the superdome, and the problems that it would have.

He was right to be concerned about all of that, and he told Bush about it, before Katrina even hit. Then when Bush and Chertoff did nothing with the warnings they let get ol' Browney take the fall for them.

Thank goodness these tapes came out, so that everyone can see the truth.

17. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

He would if he could.

18. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

NoLa wasn't flooded by the "weather." Specifically, NoLa was flooded on Tuesday after the storm passed when the levies were breeched. Bush DID manipulate that part.

pnwed

19. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

What could anyone have done between Sunday and Tuesday to prevent those levees from breeching-- even the President of the US?

That has been warned about for some 20 years. No one could say for certain whether or not they would or when they would breech. Now that they have, you pull out your convenient whipping boy. I'm not impressed.... :D

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

in that sense, there's blame enough for everyone. for everyone who has ever occupied the White House...for the federal government...for the state government..for local government.