1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fact Checker] Barkley: Rockets Can't Win by Outscoring Golden State

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Oct 18, 2017.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Definitely agree with you

2. engr chris

engr chris Member

The only way we can beat the warriors is by outscoring them

#62 engr chris, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  3. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Former players turned "analysts" = a confederacy of redundant dunces (CORD). A clown show, if you will. That's for clowns, by clowns...like Kevin McHale. Speaking of cords, unplug your TV when it comes on.

4. engr chris

engr chris Member

5. engr chris

engr chris Member

This team is special!

6. rockpileindisma

I only watch shows that @Will and true rockets fans like to watch

7. Rocketsfan3422

reminds me of John Madden

justtxyank likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seems like you have never seen Clutch City

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I know I'm going a little off topic, but am I the only one who can't even watch Inside the NBA anymore? Shaq ruined that show. Maybe it'd be fine if they had fired Barkley, but you can't have two guys who want to be the clown. They don't seem to like each other either which is unpleasant. I enjoyed the camaraderie between EJ, Kenny and Charles. I do not enjoy watching Shaq and Barkley hate each other.

I haven't watched it in well over a year now and probably won't return to it until one or the other of Shaq or Barkley is gone. I'd prefer it be Shaq. He isn't funny at all.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Shaw isn't good at joking around. You can't tell Chuck can get under his skin lol

Williamson likes this.
  11. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I'm so anxious after this Kings game. What will Stephen A say? We can't afford to fall further behind in the postgame wankery. The suspense is killing me.

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Well ESPN ranked CP3 above Harden in the top 100 rankings. So Stephanie A Smith should give us props for beating the Kings on a back to back where we beat the best team in the league one night and were without our best player the next night. But we all know the rules change

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Need both. A game here and there can be an outlier, there are so many variables (b2b, lineup changes, trades, mood, etc). In a playoff series there are far fewer valuables, fewer surprises, fewer tricks.

They're the #1 offense of all time and a top 2 defense right now. There are ways to beat that in a single game, but it is different when you're talking about 7 consecutive games against the same team. That means you have to:

1) equally efficient scoring
    2) roughly same defense
    3) outwork them in transition offense, transition defense, shock them on rebounds, dive for every loose ball, punish them physically when they drive

All. We have to do all of it. There's no trick, no smart loophole. Records have to be broken to beat this team in a playoff series.

And we will do it.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Before Shaq started his career on NBA on TNT I always thought of Shaq as a well tempered, somewhat intellegent dude who isn't a flaming narcissist but man his time on Inside the NBA has really opened my eyes.

The dude is a flaming douchebag who is ultra sensitive.

I actually have significantly more respect for Barkley because he handles all the jokes about him wonderfully even when they keep on going back to the "NO RINGS!" joke over and over.

#74 fchowd0311, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    Williamson and justtxyank like this.
  15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

It has nothing to do with who is shooting the ball. I never said our only offense is Harden going Isolation. But there are various points in the game when we just go to Harden Isolation and when this happens, everyone else is just standing around. I wish they would do some back screens and cuts or something, but everyone just watches.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Absolutely true. Shaq ruins it. Before him they were funny and could rib each other. Now? Shaq is like Trump. At any perceived slight he gets defensive and starts lashing out. That night for example they tried to switch to highlights and Shaq was shouting attacks at Barkley for cracking on Shaq. It's unbearable.

Offers no insight, talks over people who disagree with him, is unintelligible at times, sensitive and a bully all at the same time.

17. justtxyank

I agree with this.

Even in last night's game there were multiple times where everyone was just standing on the perimeter and the ball ends up with Ariza. The rest of the team is just standing waiting for a 3. Ariza keeps looking for someone to pass to but eventually drives and misses bad shot. They don't do enough off ball movement.

18. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We barely beat the Warriors and they were without Draymond (who was a point shy of a trip doub going into the 4th) and they didn't have Iggy.

You can't beat the Warriors by 1 when they are a man and a half down and then act like we proved everyone wrong.

19. justtxyank

You just get the feeling Al that the team that scores the most points tonight is going to win this football game. BOOM! Hehe.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

"lose the postgame show" is LOL! Someone needs to keep "post game show" W/L records.

Post Game Show Standings
    1) Golden State Warriors
    2) OKC Thunder
    3) LA Lakers
    28) Chicago Bulls
    29) Houston Rockets
    30) NY Knicks

heypartner likes this.