1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

F/S 50'' LG PLASMA HDTV 720P - BRAND NEW IN BOX

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by Silfam, Sep 9, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Silfam

Silfam Contributing Member

I've had the TV for for 15 days. I wouldn't lie to you about it being under warranty (or anything else, for that matter). It's brand new in box, 15 days from purchase.

2. Silfam

Good to know for future, thanks. So make that $70.00 better price by me instead of $130.00, and same day payment/pick up.

3. Silfam

Still available.

4. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

One of the benefits of buying online is that there is NO TAX on sites like amazon, newegg, crutchfield, etc.

edit: nevermind uprsing already pointed this out

you should lower your price, or take that first offer that you got...not to mention the clock is ticking on that warranty of yours.

cant you just return the tv from where you bought it from since it's still in the box and been only 15 days?

#44 Nice Rollin, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  5. Silfam

Yes I can, but I'd rather sell it and have someone come to my house and pick it up instead. The deal can't get any better than what I'm offering right now....$760 cash for a Brand New 50 Inch 720 with a full-year warranty. That, again, is a lot better than you'll get anywhere else for this TV.

6. tracymac

tracymac Member

I'm normally very sympathetic towards people trying to sell stuff on the BBS and hate the annoying pissants that thread crap but I just couldn't stop myself from playing that role here.

http://www.us-appliance.com/tcp50x1.html

You can get a brand new one DELIVERED to your house for $779. And its a Panasonic. I've been out of the TV loop for a few months but I think most would agree on Panny's being better than LGs. And I found this in about five mins. I'm sure there's much better deals to be had and I've consistently seen 50 inch plasma's on sale for 699...

7. Silfam

I have this LG --- my brother has a Panny, truly no difference. Both are 720 plasma's, I like mine just as much if not better. That's not a promise just an opinion, but at least I can say I've seen the two with my own eyes.

Anyhow, my price is very decent and if someone wants to make me an offer through email Silverman326@gmail.com against my price surely I will listen.

8. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

damnit put it on craigslist!

9. Silfam

It's on there, Blake.

10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

damn, and it hasn't sold? everytime I have put up something on craigslist I get like 100 emails with offers...usually with one or two willing to pay the price I asked

11. Silfam

I've received about three, all offering too much lower than the stated price.

12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Me too but then most of my stuff has been priced to sell (aka - get this out of my house). I even do free stuff sometimes and you wouldn't believe the number of calls that generates. I've had to remove ads within minutes of placing them because of the non-stop calls.

I hope you sell it Silfam but sometimes you have to ask is it worth the extra few dollars you think you could get vs just taking as much money as you can and cross that off your todo list. TVs - even new in the box - lose value over time.

13. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Why can't you return it since it's new in box? Or are you trying to pull one over on your fellow ClutchFan?

14. Silfam

I can return it, and no I wouldn't be pulling anything over anyone. I received a tremendous deal that can't be had now or at least probably until Turkey Day, and I'm merely looking to unload it way below market value (though surely slightly above what I paid). My asking price is extremely reasonable. And I'm a loyal Clutchfan, wouldn't ever be trying to mess over anyone here.

15. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

That means he wont return it because he wants to make money off of it.

16. Silfam

Yes, of course. You're very perceptive...

But again the issue at hand is that this deal couldn't be had anymore by anyone, so the price is still better than what could be had on the market currently.

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Just return it and recover your money. You seem to be the only one who thinks your selling price is a "deal."

And yes, your asking price may be lower than retail price, but that just means the retail price is also unrealistically overpriced.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This thread is kind of funny:)

19. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Reads like you got a good deal for the tv. Why don't you just keep it and enjoy it?

20. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I bought this exact same TV from Sears.com for around $550 or so after bing cashback, 5% sears mastercard rebate, and a free $75 LG gas card.