1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Expanded format goes into effect this postseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by darin1998, Feb 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darin1998

darin1998 Member

Does anyone like the playoff changes. I for one don't. I think it adds two unnecessary games for a round that should be quick. Thr first round was the lightning round to me and one that anything can happen. If you add two games it just gives the higher seeded team much better chances. I personally like it when upsets can happen like Denver over Seattle in the mid 90's (94 I think). If the Rockets make the playoffs, I think this change will negatively affect their chances.

Saturday, February 8

Expanded format goes into effect this postseason

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ESPN.com news services

ATLANTA -- The NBA players' association and the league have agreed to expand the first round of the playoffs to a best-of-7 format starting this season, ESPN Insider's Chad Ford reported Saturday.

The players' association officially approved the change in format early Saturday. The league will make the official announcement tonight at a news conference in Atlanta.

Until this season, the first round of the NBA playoffs had been a best-of-5 format.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

3. darin1998

darin1998 Member

not sure how to close so let it run its course...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.