1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN's 2013-2014 season NBA POWER RANKINGS released

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Play07, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

So Royce White is now the bottom-ranked player in the league playing for the bottom-ranked team. . . .

3. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

According to this:
    East
    1. Heat
    2. Pacers
    3. Nets
    4. Bulls
    5. Knicks
    6. Hawks
    7. Wizards
    8. Pistons
    Cleveland just misses out

West
    1. Clippers
    2. Spurs
    3. Rockets
    4. Thunder
    5. Grizzlies
    6. Warriors
    7. T Wolves
    8. Mavs
    Portland and Denver missing out

4. deshen

deshen Member

totally trash ranking.

5. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Clippers rofl.

We'll show the Clippers what's up when we abuse their frontcourt.

6. SpiceLaneCowboy

clippers are grossly overrated.

i didnt know adding jj redick and jared dudley made you title contenders. I cant wait to see doc rivers coach this team to less wins than vinny.

7. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Twin Towers, baby.

Also Chris Paul will have a hard time at the rim with two elite shot blockers.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Indy at two? I dunno about that.

9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

East 1, 2, 3 ? I think not.

Pacers, Brooklyn and Clippers will not be as good as many are predicting IMO.

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I like the pacers and think there clearly the best team out easy besides the heat. Now i understand why Brooklyn and the clippers are getting lots of love, I just don't think it's realistic. The nets field the same team plus two even older Paul pierce and KG who barley tool there team to the playoffs last yr, once again nice team on paper but when you look at age and the way the team came together so fast you would know its just not gonna work. Didnt the nets gm see what happend with the lakers team last year? That's what your less talented nets will look like this year. The clippers went exactly as far as the rockets in the playoffs last yr, 6 games into the 1st round. Now I do think there team is deep but Blake griffin is no dwight Howard and the gap between cp3 and harden is not much if any at all other than name. Id rather have the best sg in the game
    Then the best pg in the game. Once again I just can't see them being better than the rockets. They'll be good and win 50 games just won't be the top team out west. I wouldn't be surprised if they just miss home court.

If things click early for the rockets look for them to have a very good chance of nabbing the number one seed out west. This team is that talented and our starts are 1st tier players in the league and we got 2 of them. At the end if the season it's gonna be houston okc and San an again. Mark my words

11. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

And here they are, totally by the numbers. Makes you wonder about the intelligence of the articles author?

[​IMG]

12. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings

By Marc Stein
    ESPN.com
    Monday, Nov. 18

#12 Voice of Aus, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  13. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Rankings are a joke, standings FTW

14. Play07

Play07 Member

we are #7 in the west all the teams they have above us from the west are all ahead us us in standings so its fair.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

We're still at the bottom of the league in turnover differential and our defense is a joke. The rankings seem to be about right.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Is there something wrong about Utah's caption?

17. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

I'm not sure if they mean that Favors, Love and Vucevic are the only players with games of EXACTLY 18 rebounds, or if they mean at least rebounds, and are wrong. Dwight has had 24 (Tor) and 26 (Cha) rebounds in a game this season.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I don't have a big problem with it. We've lost some games we clearly should have won. Obviously, a lot of kinks on both ends of the court need to be worked out. Roles are still being defined. When we're running like a well oiled machine, and I think we eventually will (while uncorking some winning streaks as a result), our ranking will dramatically improve. The talent to contend is there. We haven't been able to say that for a long time.