1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Rockets interested in IGGY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClearLakeTX, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I’ll be a hostage for 17 million.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

probably. what a waste

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Have they mentioned how much money Iggy would be willing to give up to facilitate a buyout, or is he still on some “buy me out and give me damn near all my money as well” BS?

I wouldn’t want to see him on the Lakers or especially the Clippers...anywhere else is whatever

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

per woj, it doesn't sound like an option at all for memphis to put him on the FA market by any means. it's give us something or he's just going to be here. though good for him getting paid doing nothing I guess

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

I was wondering because I remember Iggy saying something to the effect of not wanting to give up any money earlier in the season

If he is willing to give up enough to make a buyout worthwhile and Memphis still is unwilling then that’s a bit surprising to see a team do that for a guy who clearly doesn’t want to be there although that is their right.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I mean let's see what happens after the trade deadline. They have no reason to play ball right now as long as they think they can get an asset. It's not unfair either. They don't him anything. He has a contract.

But you are right, he also said in an interview he didn't want to give up any money.

Deuce, Nook and Blurr#7 like this.
  7. justtxyank

No they don't. They acquired his rights. They have no obligation nor even an ethical duty to let him out of his contract. They aren't holding him hostage, they are exercising their contractual rights. If anything they are being generous by not making him practice and work with the team.

Corrosion and HP3 like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah i remember that too but still seems as of now there's 0 intention of doing anything with Iggy without memphis getting something for him

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

to be clear im saying they suck bc I want Iggy here. If I'm looking at it from memphis perspective then sure they don't and get what they're doing. but I'm not.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

we’ll just have to wait and see if their position changes as we approach the deadline like @justtxyank mentioned

I don’t give us much of a chance at all to get him via buyout, and a trade seems out of the question too trying to match his salary...I’ve pretty much given up on this dude...just don’t end up with the Clippers

11. justtxyank

As a Rocket fan we should be rooting for them to never buy him out as he is most likely going to LA.

BHannes2BHonest, Blurr#7, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

as a rockets fan, I root for him to be here cause hou needs him. people having their own beliefs on where he would land is another story

13. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

As a Rockets fan, id rather have Crowder than Iggy.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

As a Rockets fan, would rather get longer and younger. Give me 6'8 Josh Jackson and 6'10 Bruno Caboclo from MEM instead. Would cost less than Iggy or Crowder.

We could get both players for peanuts right now.

bratna8 likes this.
  15. bratna8

bratna8 Member

This.

We really need to start looking at acquiring younger rotational players.

D-rock likes this.
  16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Iggy is going to the Lakers. Better team, better superstars, better coach.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Tilman burner account right here

Penny pinch for known busts with the the unlikely hopes of them being halfway decent as opposed to signing proven veteran players that have helped teams win.

YOLO likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

dude has been clamoring for those two constantly and both those guys suck and wouldn't be any better than what the rockets have now. probably even worse

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

wouldn't mind crowder either. either or would be a welcome addition but I guess neither are likely as of right now

HP3 likes this.
  20. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

As a Rockets fan i would like to add Bogdanovich(Sacramento), Marcus Morris and Portis in a 3 way deal with dumb front offices and win a ring. But it would take Westbrook's perfect salary to match something like that so oh well..............;)

HP3 likes this.