1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

espn: ricky davis to boston

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by oldman, Dec 15, 2003.

1. oldman

oldman Contributing Member

Davis, Chris Mihm and Yogi Stewart to the Celtics for Tony Battie, Eric Williams and Kedrick Brown, reports ESPN Insider Chad Ford.

2. deepblue

deepblue Member

Is Danny panicing?
    Looks like they finally gave up on Kedrick Brown.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Looks like Danny the Jerkoff Ainge really wants another scorer alongside Pierce, regardless of character. He also pushed for Bonzi w/o success.

Guess I can't envision trades with Battie as our backup center anymore.

4. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

This is a good trade for both sides, Cleveland just needed to get rid of Ricky Davis. Boston gets another scorer and a decent big body in Mihm...All in all, I think Cleveland is going for the "less is more" philosophy here...

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I think Cleveland should have held on to Mihm.

6. Buzz1023

Buzz1023 Member

I think Cleveland is also throwin in a draft pick.

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Start the countdown for an O'Brien vs Davis bout.

With Davis going down hard and fast.

Evan

8. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

great trade for the cavaliers. Mimh is nearly a dime a dozen player and is certainly worth trading in order to move Davis.

9. oldman

oldman Contributing Member

i hope this trade works out for boston because im pretty sure the cavs will benefit with ricky gone.

10. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

e williams and battie are out of contract at the end of the season right???

11. deepblue

deepblue Member

Davis is almost the exact opposite of Eric Williams.
    Boston traded walker because he supposedly was a ball hog, takes too many bad shots, now they trade for Davis, possibly the most selfish player in the NBA?

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Mihm is a fill in for Cleveland because they were stacked at the four and five but he is key for Boston, and since Boston already has Paul Pierce, I think they want a Mihm more than a Davis.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I read this on realgm and a little further down the page (that is, earlier in the day), is a story from the Lorain Morning Journal saying that a Ricky Davis for Eddie Jones deal fell through because Cleveland didn't want to give up Mihm. Lol.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

If you've watched him play, fine. But if you're basing the selfish label of what you've heard or his attempt at a triple-double, forget it. The guy can and will pass.

What I don't get is how you play him with Pierce. One at two and the other at the three? I think Mihm and Baker could play pretty well together when healthy.

15. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

thats pretty impressive that the cavs are willing to have enough faith in their #1 pick that they were willing to trade their former franchise player for role players, regardless of the fact that lebron is very young, and very streaky, . Sure ricky was a cocky wanker but he was still a good baller and not really as bad as some of the sore players on other teams.

its still a good trade with both teams, but it puts a lot of faith in lebron. the good news is that it should be easier for us to beat them this week.

16. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

B-Bob, Davis does not pass, thats why the Cavs traded him.

Horrible trade for the Celts. Davis is another Walker. I just hope Ainge has another deal in the works with Davis going somewhere else.

The Celts have been playing excellent team ball and winning. Losing LaFrentz was tough and Mihm will help out there but Davis just doesn't fit.

17. deepblue

deepblue Member

I have seen him play several times this year. (I have NBA LP)
    At least from the time I seen, he would play like an all star some games, and just disappear in others. And when he is not playing well, he doesn't seem to be trying very hard. (not playing with heart if that's what it means)

On a side note, went to see Celtics on friday against Toronto, boy when Pierce is on, he is just unstoppable. (Vince was pretty good too)

18. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

it's a good trade, because Wagner is another ball hog, and you can't have wagner and davis together trying to co-exist with the king..

19. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

I think it's a good trade all the way around:
    Boston gets another scorer to help the Truth lift the load and a somewhat passable backup big man (Mihm is softer than Charmin though).
    Cleveland deposits a big locker room cancer on someone else's doorstep and gets rid of a soft big man who plays as if he were 6 ft. tall rather than 7 ft.

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

But Walker does pass. At least more than Davis does. I hate Ainge, so the celtics should lose on bad karma alone.