1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Power Rankings : Rockets #9

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaGlide, Feb 28, 2005.

1. DaGlide

DaGlide Contributing Member

link

9 (7) Rockets 32-24

Even after trading for Wesley and Jon Barry, formerly scorching Rockets needed to swing a buzzer trade for longtime target Mike James because Sura's back, by all accounts, doesn't look good.

2. funky

funky Member

Actually, i kindof know how this power ranking works. Put the team by the order of wins, minus 1 or 2 if they are in the winning streak, plus 1 or 2 if they are the losing streak.. heck.. i never buy this lousy ranking..

3. droxford

droxford Member

What!?!?!? Baby bulls are ranked higher than Rockets?

ESPN just gets crappier and crappier.

-- droxford

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

'Nuff said.

5. McMingDynasty

McMingDynasty Contributing Member

Bleh, it's ESPN... don't they have someone called Chad Ford? :rolleyes:

6. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

LOL, when they put us #6 overall last week, it was all good. Now we drop to #9 due to a losing streak, ESPN sucks big time.

7. droxford

droxford Member

Well.. in fairness, it's supposed to be a week-to-week analysis that will probably change as teams go through winning and losing streaks.

But the fact that they put the Bulls ahead of us is wrong. And the fact that they shot the Pistons up from 6 to 1, past the Spurs even though Detroit is .648 and SA is .764 ... well, that's wrong, too.

..and crappier... and crappier ... and crappier ...

-- droxford

8. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

How in can Detroit be #1 when they have 6 more losses than the Spurs and 5 more losses than the Suns (not to mention they play in the Leastern conference). I dont mind the Rockets dropping to #9 since we have lost 3 in a row but to put the Bulls ahead of us is just insane especially when we destroyed them just two weeks ago.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

because, actual record doesn't matter in the power rankings.
    it's a ranking based on relativity to other teams...basically who is hot who is not.
    only problem is, for the most part, marc stein is an idiot.

10. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

After beating the Bulls 2 weeks ago, I think we deserve to be on the 8 Spots atleast!:mad:

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

We were in the 7 spot last week.

I agree- we should be above the Bulls. They are in the East, for pete's sake. That just shows that you always have to take Sports ratings with a grain of salt when East Coast teams seem higher than they should be- most of America's media is on the East coast. Of course they are going to favor their teams.

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

any ranking that doesn't have the spurs first is pretty stupid.

13. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

I don't know what you guys dont understand about these rankings

They are based on the hottest teams in the NBA

The Bulls are "hotter" than us because they have won 7 of their last 9, including wins over Dallas, Minny, Sac, and Miami.

14. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

I don't think ESPN will ever get back to their high level of prominence unless they rank the Rockets #1 throughout an entire season. If they don't do that, they are doomed for mediocrity and demise...

15. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, looks like the Bulls really shouldn't be ranked ahead of us. I only wish this game was nationally televised.

16. Man

Man Contributing Member

Agreed. It should have been. 19,000 fans! That's really good attendancel ol. sold out like. Anyways..I really think we can beat the Wizards, Sonics, Mavericks..maybe SUns..we just have to play well. I hope to see it happen.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

exactly if people wanted a ranking system bases on record look at the standings.

:confused:

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

sorry i dissed the mighty espn rankings but i didn't mention anything about the bulls being ranked ahead of the rockets.

19. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Sorry, my post wasnt only or completely aimed at you

I was just trying to get the point across about how its based on the hotness of the current teams and their current play.

The bulls part was to everyone who was questioning whether they should be ranked higher or lower than us