1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Power Rankings: Rockets #16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaGlide, Feb 6, 2006.

1. DaGlide

DaGlide Contributing Member

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wow, nice to see!

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Yeah it's good but let's make it even better in the coming weeks.

4. tikwanleap

tikwanleap Contributing Member

It will be an unbelievable and unforgettable season if we actually make it to the playoffs... Here's to hoping that we do.

5. cenbo416

cenbo416 Contributing Member

We should keep moving up although neither Yao nor T-Mac is in the best shape yet. Go Rockets.

6. droxford

droxford Member

He's certainly right for moving the Rockets up so much. I have to say, though....

Is our team, as it is right now, better than the 76ers? The Lakers? The Bucks?

Yes. Yes. and Yes. But they're all ranked higher than us.

Are we better than the Pacers or Nuggets? mmmmmm... I dunno.....

Are we better than the Grizzlies? No. Not yet.

I'd have put the Rockets into the 12th or 11th spot.

7. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

If we CAN make it to the playoffs, it'll be one hell of a ride to watch. What would kinda suck is if a fall 1 game short and then get a crappy draft pick to boot. But it ain't time to tank yet, baby! Go Rox!

8. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

If we make the playoffs, it will have been an amazing couple years for runs for Houston. Both the Astros amazing runs and now this. Clutch City = Comeback City.

9. droxford

droxford Member

Nahh.. I don't think this year's draft will be great enough for that. If we got a poor draft pick it wouldn't suck that bad.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

the rockets are 11 games under five hundred. yes they have t-mac and yao back and have won a couple of games but they can't beat good teams right now. the ranking is right and a little generous.

11. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

falling a couple games short is my biggest fear.

12. droxford

droxford Member

Well, we beat Milwaukee 5 days ago. We play Philly tonight, and Lakers day-after-tomorrow.

IMHO, we're gonna win those two games. And if we do, then I'd have been right about us ranking higher.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Good to see the Rockets get a little respect, but let's not overdo it.

T-Mac's shot has been off, we still need to develop a rotation, our shooting guards are all still out or gimpy (Derek Anderson, Jon Barry, Bob Sura) and we have a tall ladder to climb to get back to respectability.

Still, here's hoping for our fourth win in a row.

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

while that would suck missing the playoffs when we're that close considering all that has happened this season
    i dont think having a mid teen draft pick is a bad thing.

some of the best players are chosen in that area. unless there is a clearcut star in the making the top 12 is mainly based on potential. i say picks 13-20 tend to be the players who have 2+ years of college ball, are good but at best could be an all-star (of course with a few notable exceptions these players arent franchise players) this rocket team does not need 'franchise players' from the draft we already have 2 on the team. we could use a smart college player with experience that can come in and be a valuable role player right away.

that draft this year will be a lot thinner because of the age rule, teams who may have picked a high schooler or a freshman will end up drying up the talent pool.

15. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Even if Rockets go 2-1 in the left of the season, they'll finish 42-40, not good enough to make playoff IMHO.