1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Melo Intends to opt out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SC1211, Jun 13, 2014.

1. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...-new-york-knicks-intends-opt-test-free-agency
    [​IMG]

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Harden for Melo.

Melo and Lebron for your Houston Rockets.

3. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Sign Melo, then Harden for LeBron.

4. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Don't want Lebron here. He can take his talents elsewhere

5. FabsRubio

FabsRubio Member

Da ****?

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

:rolleyes:

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Welcome to Houston.

8. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

He's gone. It made zero sense for him to pickup the option, regardless of whether he's staying or going. The fact that the Knicks are trying so hard to get him to do it tells me he's already made up his mind to leave.

Hopefully we have enough to convince the Knicks to do a SnT. I'm know we can clear the necessary cap space, but it's far more preferrable to stay above the cap and keep the MLE/BAE.

10. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Get out of here. LOH (Lebron only hater)

11. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. meh

meh Contributing Member

There's no point in dreaming about Lebron. No chance he comes here. Melo though, I put the Rockets 2nd on his list. Chicago's a bigger market and gets to play in east. So that's probably where he WANTS to go.

Kind of hoping Love goes to Chicago for this very reason.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sounds like Melo is ready to split. Nice that we're considered one of the primary options. It also doesn't hurt that the Heat have damn near blown winning another championship this year. It shows that these windows to compete are rare. So Melo's thinking, "Do I really want to hang around New York for another couple of seasons hoping that they might be able to compete? Why not go to a team that seems built for me to step in? Perhaps a team like the Rockets?" Yeah, that sounds very nice indeed. ;-)-

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's all a matter of how badly Carmelo wants to come here. If he tells the Knicks it's the Rockets or bust, then Phil Jackson would have to come to the table. At that point, I think taking back Asik + Lin + picks would be a nice haul to receive for a player who is already out the door anyways. They could then turn around and deal Tyson Chandler for some more picks.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

It's all about the guaranteed money. No way his agent would allow him to pick up that option while still able to get another max $$$, max years contract.

16. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

While LeBron is an amzing player that would surely take us to the finals, I actually agree with you. I want to win on our terms, not be the next team that just worships Lebron after he came to save us.

17. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

So far Phil is1/3. If you count Fisher as an accomplishment.

18. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

19. bratna8

bratna8 Member

20. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

That is huge. While he could resign a new longer contract with NYC, I see this as ready to move on and sign a new contract somewhere else. And I see the Rockets as the best odds. Clear Asik. Clear Lin with a Jones and a pick sweetener. Might be a touch shy of a max but with no tax on 1/2 his games and playing for a contender should soften the blow - that is if Phil doesn't want to S&T but I'm not sure why he wouldn't. NYC needs some excitement besides Phil and Fisher. No picks, over the cap, no trades, no Melo...they need something....