1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN insider Rumors: Amare-to-Nets getting more likely

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by arif1127, Apr 4, 2010.

1. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ESPN Insider

The Nets would look pretty nice next year if they signed Amare and got the 1st or second pick and took Evan Turner, with little depth, but their starters would be 4-6 seed worth in the East.

C - Brook Lopez
    PF - Amare Stoudemire
    SF - Evan Turner
    SG - Courtney Lee
    PG - Devin Harris

That is a team I would be very excited about if I were a Nets fan. And, with the looming move to Brooklyn and deep pocketed Russian owner, it could turn into a powerhouse team in two or three years.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think they'd be better off trading Devin Harris for a wing and drafting Wall (if they get the first pick). But yes, the Nets stand to make the biggest jump of any team next season. I'm going to laugh so hard at the Knicks when the Nets get into the playoffs next season and they don't.

I figure maybe they sign Stoudemire and another free agent, maybe Manu or something. Then draft Wall, and trade Harris for Iggy or someone like that.

Wall
    Manu
    Iggy
    Stoudemire
    Lopez

That's a pretty formidable team. They will need to release every other player on the team and replace them all with D-Leaguers though.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think most people agree the Nets are primed for a huge turnaround if they get Wall or Turner and sign a top free agent.

I'm not so sure Brook Lopez and Amare would play well together.

From what I've read the last couple of weeks, Amare to Miami is most likely if he leaves the Suns.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

They could also take a small step down and sign Lee or Boozer to man the 4. Or who knows, maybe they can even woo Bosh, though I doubt it.

5. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

if lopez was unhappy with yi taking shots away from him, he is going to be super pissed when amare comes to town.

6. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

They wouldn't be that bad... still not playoff caliber

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Talented on paper yes, but many teams look that way. Not impressed at all, no character guys, no leadership.

Playoff bound, maybe, contender in the east, not even close.

8. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Uhhh? Turner would be a leader/ Brandon Roy type. Having Brook Lopez who knows his role would give them the inside presense. Give them a good head coach and they'd be a pretty big force...

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Too early to say a guy yet to play a NBA game a leader in the league.
    I just don't think you can turn around a 10 win team around by adding Amare and a rookie to the roster. The talents on paper don't mesh well.
    Now I think if they do get JVG back in New York(jersey is close enough), he is going after some gel and glue to that team. We all know JVG's fetish about Shane and Amare's signing makes their other bigs like Yi dispersible. Of course we will want more than Yi for Battier. ;) Battier for Yi+Lee?

10. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

amare just gots to pretend its robin lopez.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

John Wall is a leader type with good character, too.

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Amare is going to Miami if he leaves Phoenix

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

A frontcourt of Yi, Amare and Lopez with a solid coach like JVG CAN and WILL get the Nets to the playoffs.

14. showtang043

showtang043 Member

I would rather invest in Lee than Amare, lee's passing can help brook lopez stay in the flow of the game too.

15. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

But if they are gonna develop Wall, I don't think they will end up doing too well.

16. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

No team is trading Iggy for Harris.

17. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Nets getting an injury prone Amare is a bad idea for them. The Suns staff does a good job of rehabbing Amare from his surgery, then he gets some kind of eye injury.

18. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The above mentioned lineup works if JVG is hired as coach, and Amare buys into his defensive scheme.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The Turner/Wall debate is a pretty interesting one, but it seems to me everyone is forgetting that the team with the most ping pong balls often doesn't end up with the #1 pick.

20. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

True dat playa! Look at the Kings last year, they had the worst record in the league but ended up with like the 5th or 6th pick. They actually ended up with the better player overrall in Evans, but that was because Griffin hasn't even played yet.

That was a bad example, but the Rockets didn't have the worst record when they drafted Yao, the Bulls didn't have the worst record when they got Rose and so on and so on.

The team with the worst record always comes out being dissappointed at the draft lottery.

We have .06 chance at winning the lottery. Maybe we can sign Stevie Franchise for a 10 day contract during the Lottery and have him represent us for some good luck :grin: