1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN/Grantland criticizes Adrian Wojnarowski

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Mar 19, 2012.

1. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

This. He's one of, if not the best, at scoops.

But his opinionated articles are immature at times.

2. Know Your Role

Woj puts out rumors for free, ESPN makes you pay for their worthless 'insider' rumors that amount to nothing. ESPN has been slowly getting on my nerves over the past few years. Their worthless Rockets page is full of nothing but hearsay and conjecture. However I have noticed there hasn't been a truehoop rockets blog link in two months in the Rockets section which is a good thing. I'm assuming his under researched question to david stern rightfully made espn mad.

3. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

woj is a boss.

4. VBG

VBG Member

Has Chris Broussard ever broken anything?

5. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Maybe Woj can get more TV time on NBC Sports Network. Saw him on there the day of the trade deadline discussing deals that took place.

6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I like Woj because he tells it how it is..

the guy has no excuses..

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder what the point of ESPN really is anymore. If ESPN doesn't favor the team you like, you aren't getting highlights, game coverage, or even any respect from it's writers. ESPN has devolved into garbage.

I will be intrigued to see how this new NBC sports network does. Who knows, maybe in a couple of years we can finally have the NBA go back to NBC. What a pipe dream.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I actually like Woj's "hit pieces" against Lebron, Stern, etc. It's a partly NBA as political drama and partly Chinese Cultural Revolution Criticism and Struggle Session.

Woj would have made a very good Chinese Communist back in the 1960/70s.

[​IMG]

9. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Woj hits the target almost all the time and is the the most reliable so count me in as team woj...

10. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

To be fair, one grantland writer doesn't represent espn as a whole. If it were Bucher or Steven A Smith yelling this on PTI, it would be one thing, but Grantland is a pretty different beast than the typical sportscenter machine.

War simmons, war woj.

1 person likes this.
  11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

gee... no mention of how ESPN kept insisting that Lowry/Scola was 'on the table' for LA before KLows illness.... anybody ever heard any real confirmation of that falacy... gotta believe if it had been, LA woulda snatched it up... which leads me to believe this is nothing but jealousy toward someone that gets real inside info and isnt just guessing...

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

ESPN is jealous. Woj is money with his sources, dude knows his stuff. No one is right 100% of the time but he is close. ESPN wishes the guy worked for them.

13. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Was the article calling Woj a bad reporter, or merely commenting on the twitterization of the sports media and it's implications.

Why is clutchfans suddenly a bunch of teenage girls going "teamwoj" on me?

14. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I think Woj would have rather been a poet or something. A lot of the time, I find myself shaking my head as I read his featured articles on Yahoo.

15. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

cause he had to use Wojo and his multiple tweets to make his point. Why would a company who is affiliated with espn use quotes from a yahoo source when trying to make a negative point. Its to portray a negative image of yahoo/wojo. You will understand one day... maybe

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'm pretty anti ESPN. I laugh at folks who tell me that they could watch sportscenter all day.

Maybe NBC Sports will get bigger, and they can purchase rights to the NBA or NFL or something like that. Maybe they can partner up with Yahoo. ESPN needs a rival channel.

17. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Anyone who thinks WOJ isn't a reliable source for inside info doesn't keep up with the NBA. BOTTOM LINE

18. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I think it's this. FUESPN thinks Y! Sports is getting to big for their britches.

19. munco

munco Member

I think that the Grantland article does have a point. He had all his bases covered. With that said ESPN has the two most obnoxious and useless "analysts" in Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless on their payroll. Hard to side with them when they have those loudmouth hacks who have clear agendas on staff.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ok let me see...one site charges $$$ for "insider" access which turns out to be news stories googled from other sources, while the other gives up-to-date and accurate reporting for FREE, and not just in blurb form, but in 1 kabajillion word articles which look like they could pass in prose magazines.

I'm definitely team Woj. Dude's the man in both scoop and writing ability.