1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN - Clippers Send 7th and Future 1st to Seattle for 4th Pick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Turbo, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

Clippers going for Seattle's #4

Just heard on ESPN Radio (1530 - Austin) that the Clippers are working to get Seattle's #4 in tonight's draft.

Just passing the info along to those interested.

2. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

ESPN is reporting that the Clippers are sending 7th pick overall and a future 1st round draft pick to Seattle for the 4th pick overall.

3. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

And the Seattle draft pick stock piling continues...

All of these poor college kids, having to play in Oklahoma of all places...

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

That's either Westbrook or Bayless gone at no.4.

5. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

:confused:
    How is a future first worth the price of 3 lottery spaces in a draft that only goes about 5 deep?

6. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Yeah, it's really somewhat puzzling. Past that, I have no idea why they would pass on the opportunity to draft O.J. Mayo and pair him with Kevin Durant. Mayo looks like he is going to be a great player in my opinion.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

well i would be guessing that seattle is betting on the clippers history of suck.

8. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Seattle aint to sharp at drafting either...wonder who they will both go for.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

chances are that mayo is gone by the time the sonics pick, the sonics are probably eying gordon/bayless/westbrook/love one which will be there for the sonics to pick at 7.

the clippers may end up getting lucky and being able to get mayo at 4 or at worst they'll get westbrook.

wow crazy dealings are happening!

10. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

if minny selects lopez or love #3 la can snatch up mayo.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Very surprised this didn't happen during the draft, unless both teams are already certain what the top 3 picks will be. My guess is Mayo must be a lock for the 3rd pick.

12. playlife

playlife Member

Chad Ford:
    Two big deals have just gone down in the past few minutes that could change the face of the draft.

The Clippers and Sonics have agreed to swap picks as long as the Wolves take O.J. Mayo at No. 3. If Mayo isn't drafted at 3, the deal is off according to two sources close to the information.

With the No. 4 pick, expect the Clippers to take Eric Gordon of Indiana. They've coveted him as the type of dominant scorer that they've been looking for.

The Sonics will take Brook Lopez or Jerryd Bayless at No. 7. However it seems like Lopez will be the guy.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    only if Mayo is off the board

13. rua2006

rua2006 Member

I was thinking the same thing. Mayo is a great player on both ends, and the "character issues" are not really true it seems. But our qualms have been answered. Looks like the condition on the trade is, if Mayo is still on the board, the Sonics just take him and nix the trade. If he's not, it's worth moving down because that 4-8 chunk is about at the same talent level and they don't have one single preference.

This might be a BIG mistake for the Clippers later on.

14. rua2006

rua2006 Member

Yeah, it's sad to see our youth have to grow up in such a horrid place. Especially my beloved Kevin Durant.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

http://www.nbadraft.net/node/1279

16. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Sam Presti is a genius. First, he turns Kurt Thomas into three first round picks. Now, he picks up another first rounder while still being able to get his man (either Lopez or Bayless) AND paying that player less money.

17. moonnumack

moonnumack Contributing Member

Would Westbrook really have gone #5 to Memphis or #6 to NY? It seems doubtful, so I don't see why LA would give up a future #1 (almost guaranteed to be a high one) to move up and draft Westbrook...of course, they are the Clippers.

18. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

New York wanted Westbrook so now Clippers trade up to get him.

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

more than likely NY who are really high on Westbrook after Mayo and think that he is the type of up-tempo defensive PG they would want in their system.

i dont see why the clippers would jump that high to get gordon who may end up being a great player in his own right. Westbrook has more potential and is a local kid so it would 100x more sense to go with westbrook at 4 after seeing his stock rise so high recently.

i dont think brook has done anything to hurt his stock recently just that players like mayo, love and westbrook have all improved their stock.

20. hanm2

hanm2 Member

Haha well said. Even if it is the Clipper's pick in 2 years i think its a steal.