1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN anchor Jemele Hill called President Donald Trump a white supremacist.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Daddy Long Legs, Sep 13, 2017.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Trump is an crass, unrefined, uneducated, moron but that doesn't make him or his voters white supremacists. give me a break.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

a large portion of his base are in fact white supremacists. He is also very tactful (not stupidly ignorant as some might think) about calling them out. Trump himself is not a white supremacists though, he is too infatuated with himself to consider his race as a whole, to be superior.

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I respectfully disagree unless you consider < 1% a large portion.

#43 Astrodome, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  4. ipaman

"I hate a lot of things but not enough to jeopardize my fellow citizens with an unfit, bigoted, incompetent moron. But hey, that's just me."

"Donald Trump is a bigot. Glad you could live with voting for him. I couldn't, because I cared about more than just myself"

Those two quotes imply a bunch a things about Trump voters.

"The height of white privilege is being able to ignore his white supremacy, because it's of no threat to you. Well, it's a threat to me."

This quote is flat out racist. Ever heard of the holocaust you stupid b****. A bunch of white people would have loved to ignore white supremacy and not be threatened. I'm sorry but this cunt is a racist piece of ****. To those defending her and these types of thoughts, shame on you.

#44 ipaman, Sep 13, 2017
  5. ipaman

"The Southern Poverty Law Center estimates that there are 190 active KKK groups with 5000 to 8000 Klan members operating in the U.S. today"

I'll add a few extra thousand to make an even 10k, against Trumps 63 million votes. That means 0.027% of Trump voters may be white supremacists. And you said "a large portion of his base" which makes you sounds just as dumb as the moronic, racist, espn employee, jemele hill.

Astrodome likes this.
  6. ipaman

To all Jemele Hill sympathizes, defenders, and those who share her opinions. Do you guys remember when Jennifer Hudson's 3 family members were murdered by her ex-brother in law in Chicago? It was the White Supremacist Donald Trump himself who reached out with a welcoming helping hand for the Hudson family.

Don't remember, here's a link. https://www.accesshollywood.com/art...on-family-up-for-free-in-chicago-hotel-66176/

Or how about when Trump publicly announced what everybody knew about the private Mar A Lago, the private club didn't accept Jews or Blacks. He ended up buying Mar A Lago and now it's open to everyone.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/20...each-society-and-won-the-fight-for-mar-a-lago

Remember when he provided his own private plance to ferry a sick jewish kid and his medical equipment across the country?

https://www.timesofisrael.com/for-tale-of-jewish-child-saved-by-trump-a-tragic-end/

Remember when he gave the black bus driver hero 10k because Trump was touched by his heroism?

http://buffalonews.com/2013/11/07/bus-driver-receives-trump-check-headed-for-rachael-ray-show/

I mean clearly a white supremacists would do those types of things. But Trump can't fool jemele or you all 'cause you all are too smart to fall for that.

#46 ipaman, Sep 13, 2017
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Trump voters are a race now?

I'm sorry her views and speech have triggered you though, whether you like it or not, it's how a ton of minorities felt when he was elected.

It's funny to me. We spent 8 years of some vile things said by the GOP about Obama, some by prominent journalists, politicians, etc etc...and I certainly didn't see many right leaning folks attack his attackers.

You for free speech or not? She can say whatever she wants to say and it is up to ESPN to do what they feel is best for their company. Schilling received warnings, ignored them, did what he did multiple times, neither is Schilling as prominent a figure as Hill is, I mean they put her in the primetime spot because they believe she's talented. Therefore, yes, she's going to have a longer leash.

I've seen Bill'O say actual racist crap on air for years on Fox News and have never seen this outrage from the right to have him fired.

No Worries and el gnomo like this.
  8. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

It's generally a very unwise decision to publicly criticize your employer. So while I agree with what Linda said, it's understandable that she was suspended. I think many other companies (regardless of their politics) would have reacted in similar fashion.

I try not to pay much attention to Jemele Hill or most other current ESPN media personalities. Who cares about them. Very few of them were hired for their expertise on sports. The vast majority of them are annoying, vapid and/or boring. (Most of the employees that knew their stuff were part of that recent large layoff.) Outside of the few live sports broadcasts that interest me, ESPN is pretty much unwatchable.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

That's the illusion. Many Jews are very much considered white, can pass for 100 percent white. Judaism is just a religion. If you study the history of white nationalism / supremacy movements you will find many had a Jewish background.

But this is not to discredit the many outstandingly good Jewish people out there that not only have contributed but elevated society as a whole.

#49 Liberon, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Go to a Trump rally and get back to me.

11. omgTHEpotential

I don't consider that black supremacy, you dumbass b****. ;)

[​IMG]

#51 omgTHEpotential, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

"Barack Obama is a Black Panther"-Scott Van Pelt

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The Holocaust was largely ignored. Hitler's downfall was continuing to attack neighboring countries (mainly Poland), not the genocide. And then of course the Japanese attacking the USA to bring us into the war as well.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

1. Do you believe white supremacists exist in this country?

2. Who do you think SELF-LABELED white supremacists preferred in the 2016 election?Hillary or Trump? (hint: they explicitly state out loud multiple times who they support.)

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Trump's father was a proud supporter of eugenics. It's not a secret.

Trump also used racial profiling in his real estate business.

If it walks like a duck

16. fchowd0311

I doubt the percentage is that low especially given my four year experience as a Marine infantry grunt. The vast majority of my peers had white nationalist sympathies and are all full on the MAGA hype train.

17. ipaman

you should realize that jews are not white is the the same argument white supremacists make.

18. ipaman

63 million folks at a rally, Trump would still be disappointed.

19. fchowd0311

Have self-labeled white nationalists/supremacists claimed who they support? What do they have to say about Trump?

20. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

many of them are and trump says they are "very fine people". i think you need to give yourself a break brah.

as for trump, he has made a series of racist comments against hispanics and muslims. he used discriminatory housing practices against blacks and lead the birther movement against obama. its hard to argue that he does not at the least have some racist tendencies when you look at how he conducts himself.