1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN anchor Jemele Hill called President Donald Trump a white supremacist.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Daddy Long Legs, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Agreed, though I took him off of ignore simply for the entertainment value of the inevitable meltdown.

ipaman likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think part of it is a natural response to the completely unhinged CF members on the fringe left who are doing their best to appear like a left wing InfoWars.

I mean, I wasn't and am not a fan of Obama, he wasn't on "my side", but I defended him against the fringe right r****ds who pushed the "Kenyan Muslim" narrative and I don't think it's playing sides to defend Trump against their counterparts on the fringe left who are trying to push the narrative that Trump is literally a white nationalist.

If you ask me, the r****ds out on the fringes of either "side" are the problem with politics in this country. There's simply far too many of them these days and the fringe left is becoming mainstream which should concern everyone.

mick fry likes this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

yeah right no way am i "the problem" the real problem is that fact that their are only two sides and they both suck corporate lobby dicks while ignoring the people and our process. that's for another thread for sure but i won't let you label me as the problem. and i don't belong to a side, except the side of the people and our process and respecting the will of the people and our democratic process. our people and process is under attack by the "other" side. the losing side as always.

4. ipaman

you guys know how i feel about ignore lists and the people who use them. ghey.....

5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i say you are part of the problem b/c of your attitude...you talk about "sides" and make it into a team sport. you tell people to stop complaining and just stick with their "team". you dont want people to discuss or criticize politicians (at least when they say things you disagree with). but even worse, you say you want to physically attack people that you disagree with. ill ask a 4th time...is it worse to criticize politicans on the internet or get upset with people who critize politicans on the internet?

you keep telling people to mind their own business and get on with their shitty lives...well look at you...you claim you dont even like trump but here you are spending all this time going out of your mind defending and spinning away for him. why dont you mind your own business?

if you have any principles, you willingly put them aside to support your "team"...your side. in that respect you are nothing more than a toolbag.

not to mention the fact that when it comes to accusations of racism you hold an espn anchor to a higher standard than our president. that is just pathetic.

6. Anticope

Anticope Member

No one is falling for this "both sides are the same" crap. Both sides aren't the same, not even remotely, you're just using it as a cover to defend Trump just like so many of his supporters do. The strategy for a lot of people defending Trump seems to be to admit he has faults and occasionally criticize him but defend 95% of the things he does and somehow pretend that the other side is just as bad if not worse. The Democrats have their issues but the Republicans run the show right now with a cartoon character in charge. Republicans were incredibly sore losers after the past 2 presidential elections, so I'm not sure why you expect Democrats to just suck it up and move on, especially with this idiot in charge who uses every chance he can to brag about his "huge electoral victory" where he got less votes and had help from a foreign government.

What would be nice is if one of these Trump defenders would just be honest and admit that they hold him to a far lower standard than they hold any Democrat, I could at least respect the honesty of that while disagreeing with it.

7. ipaman

because the losing side is attacking our process of democratically electing leaders, trying to usurp their way in before rightful term ends. a silent coup attempt that is using bigotry and hate labels which makes folks afraid to challenge coup out of fear of being labelled a racist. It's genius really but the attempt and hypocrisy is frightening. Doing bad things for good reasons is not a good reason for losing side to take a giant **** on our constitution & constitutional amendments. and again i repeat, both sides do this **** when they lose. clinton and his impeachment attempt, gore/bush supreme court (though i give gore credit for losing supreme court and conceding quickly) , obama and his legality birth place, now trump and "spin the wheel" choices they've tried so far. lose with dignity, and try better next time.

8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

You're such an attention w****. I don't ignore anyone. Your posts just suck is all.

ipaman likes this.
  9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Well, I am hetero, but respect how you feel and support your cause.

ipaman likes this.
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Is there at least multiple sauces?

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

The TMZ story quotes Hill saying that Berman never left her a racist voicemail. She said at one time she had a personal conflict with Berman, but the conflict was handled swiftly and professionally, and that Berman never sent her any racially disparaging remarks on her voicemail.

zeeshan2 likes this.
  13. ipaman

No talent, race baiters, like Jemele Hill are one of the reasons for ESPNs downward spiral and yet they stuck with her and continue to stick with her. No one made them do anything, they deserve whatever they get.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Well then this is just clickbait and I apologize for posting this. Thanks

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I guess you forgot how to read. You should get checked out.

16. ipaman

Actually I read quite well unlike others in this thread. Having said that, Jemele is faux rage, clickbait, troll who ruins sports.

17. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

True. The left is far more emotional and unhinged, with, as BobbytheGreat pointed out, the far left really becoming the mainstream. So, your point is granted, just surprised you admitted it.

Many of the things he DOES are very defendable. What the left and his detractors seem totally preoccupied with is the things he SAYS, which I think you will find most of the group you are referring to here neither defend or criticize...they mostly just ignore it. Why? Because so many of Trump's comments are crafted to specifically generate the reaction exhibited by the left, meaning all their rants about it are actually falling right into his plans, and we just watch it bemusedly.

Not really pretending, just observing. It is bad enough that many on the left on this board have pointed it out as well. So, if you have an issue with it, please take it up with them. TDS is a thing because it is an actual thing.

Were they? Most people I know were frustrated with the direction they saw things going but that was about it. Whereas the actions of the majority on the left since the election goes way past sore losers, into, as the syndrome name indicates, into some sort of derangement. So, hardly a position from which to be saying anything about how the other side reacted...not even a pot calling a kettle black, but more a pot calling a small grey spoon black.

Of course you're not...because you're a sore loser, who couldn't possibly imagine why you should do what your side has been telling the other side for eight years.. Thank you.

Wow. I can see facts don't enter into your realm. You couldn't typify the far left derangement any more if you were actually trying.

For some, that probably actually happens. But for many here I think if you actually looked, you'd find that they criticized and defended Obama much the same way they are criticizing and defending Trump currently. The only difference is those like you on the left, suffering from TDS, have such a completely unhinged perspective that anyone who does anything less that spout your rhetoric are automatically viewed as Trump supporters. Your post here typifies that very stance...anyone who doesn't scream about everything Trump says or does falls immediately into some deranged Trump supporter group in your mind.

TheresTheDagger likes this.