1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon vs Klay Thompson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wylo, Dec 11, 2016.

1. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I just don't think "the 3" are worlds better than Harden and the Rockets weapons. Fire for fire, it's on par in my opinion.

2. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I like the Rockets' chances against the Warriors, especially now that they've added Lou to the rotation.

3. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

By the way, Klay is definitely not above going cold in a game. Steph and KD are much less likely to go cold because they are just consistently great at what they do. But if Klay is cold, that leaves only 2. Again this can totally happen to the Rockets. But the Rockets have more deep threats to offset that occurrence.

4. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Don't forget Gordon was one of the best prospects coming out of that draft. He was even rated higher than Klay.

That said though, even though I'll probably face a lot of backlash for this, I'd take Klay over Gordon in an instant.

Tfor3 and BigggReddd like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

you have a ton of hope i see. i'm not quite at the level you're putting yourself out there to be.

6. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Sure I have confidence in the Rockets although nothing is guaranteed. What about the Rockets that gives you reason to believe that they can't hold a candle to GSW? I'm not star struck. Games have to be played and I think the Rockets as currently constructed are extremely well suited to play with and possibly beat the Warriors.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

because the rockets are still in the process of building a team to beat the GSW. Something like that doesn't happen in just a simple dump of brewer for lou williams. it probably gives you a better team yeah but there's a huge difference between actual stars in the league and those that support them. It's not about being star struck. It's about what is actually reality and that is the GSW is the team to beat in the west until proven otherwise.

8. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

But look, bro.... It really happened #reality

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

so are the lakers better than the GSW? are the kings better than Clev? are the knicks better than the SAS?

But look, bro.... It really happened #reality

10. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Who cares, this year I love that the Rockets have Gordon. I'm impressed with Gordon's ability to take it to the hole, which to me is the non obvious factor. I don't think he plays D for all 30 min that he plays but he is good when he commits to it. Same is true about Sweet Lou, really impressed with his ability to take it to the hole or take it to the hole and dish. Good times.

Louka likes this.
  11. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

You said, "because the rockets are still in the process of building a team to beat the GSW" So technically your statement was incorrect. The Rockets have a team that can beat the Warriors #obviously

obligatory: umad bro?

Tfor3 and RiceRockets like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

should be understood by anyone following the game that anyone can be beaten on any given night. #Obviously, not true in your case.

if you actually took it the "technical way", that's pretty dumb on your part.

13. MystikArkitect

I can't believe Klay Thompson is an All Star.

If injuries were no concern Gordon would trounce Klay in every category.

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Might be? No... Would be.

If you removed dray from gsw and put him on the rockets we would be the best team in the league.

I hate draymond but he is severely underrated.

Yes I'm saying harden/draymond is better than kurry/klay/durant.

15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Anyone who wouldn't knows nothing about the NBA.

16. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Guys calm down if Klay was on the Rockets he'd lead the league in 3PM

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Klay sux. The end.

Mr Chuck Norris and Tha_Dude like this.
  18. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

You got exposed, go home to the GSW forums where you belong.

Louka and Tfor3 like this.
  19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Gordon beats Klay in dribble creativity and combo guard skill. And that bargain contract. I always had concern of a regression to the mean for Gordon, that his great start wouldnt carry the whole season. Simply because he hasnt played SUSTAINED MINUTES over a whole season in years. I have been optimistic still that Gordon will not get INJURED like years past. Just regular fatigue concerns.

Klay has shown to perform healthy over full seasons, and still have enough to defend a little (not a LOT cuz I think his D is a little overrated). Would go Klay overall with the edge in health. He's the modern Reggie Miller whether we like it or not. (Not)

20. threepointshot3

Harden is better then anything the Warriors have not named Durant and when Harden gets hot with his scoring playmaking on full bore attack mode I would even dare say he can be the equal of Durant. On offense I say we can go to to toe with the Warriors but overall defense is what gives them the edge.

ricardo1979 likes this.