1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Crouch Retires????????

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Oski2005, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

I was born in 1982 so I never seen those other players before.

2. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

I think the Trev Alberts situation was different in that he suffered from serious injuries over the course of several years. I can’t remember but I think he may even have suffered from some kind of degenerative condition.

I know that money isn't everything but it is hard for me to comprehend how a 23yr old could turn down 1.3mill over 3yrs. I wander if he bitter about not being considered NFL quarterback material.

3. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

I gotta believe that it had something to do with Mike Martz. Martz stated that he believed that Crouch had the athleticism to be a slot receiver, and be the "secret weapon" that he would pull to confuse other teams. If you'll remember Crouch declined to go to the College Football All-Star game because they wanted him to go as a receiver, not a quarterback. When Crouch was drafted by the Rams, Martz adamantly stated that Crouch would not be an option at quarterback.

Personally I think Crouch had/has a shot at being a better pro football player than the heralded Antwan Randle-El. I take nothing away from Randle-El, but Crouch has the intangibles that made him a great college player, and hopefully a good pro player. Who knows, he may go to NFL Europe to prove that he can be a quarterback in the NFL...it worked for his now former teammate Kurt Warner.

4. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Not to go off topic, but...

Randle El might be hyped, but the guy is clinically insane, and by that, I mean Mel-Gibson-in-Lethal-Weapon insane. He was wildly unpredictable at the rookie shoot. You never knew what he was going to do or say next. He was like a child with waaaaaay too much energy and no idea how to release it.

He does have skillz, though, and can be a playmaker. He's freaking fearless. Will he be better than Crouch? Sadly, we'll never know now...

5. mduke

mduke Member

Don't forget about "I'm better than Grandpa" Heupel....I doubt he ever starts an NFL game either....he might suit up a game or 2 though....;)