1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Enjoy your time spent with Fox News

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by peleincubus, May 13, 2020.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

***please take the time to watch this and give an opinion***

If you spend your life watching a lot of Fox News (and CNN/MSNBC) more than to get an idea of what they are disseminating to their viewers. You are doing yourself a disservice.

This guy that I watch from time to time that I think is generally conservative from the impression I get from his videos. (im not sure about that though)

Regardless he breaks this video down better than even left wing political individuals do, or a right wing individual would liberal media.

Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.
  2. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Well done video and I like that he sticks to facts, even though Carlson is often going overboard with the propaganda. Keying in on the fact that Carlson "quoted" the document and used misinformation instead of disinformation was pretty deft on his part and shows how even one letter can chance things (not to mention Tucker misquoting something that he says quote right before).

It's scary to think the amount of people that watch Tucker (and his counterparts on other channels) or get their info via memes on Facebook, or hashtags on twitter, or even just stick to posts on this board and go no further. Spend some time, read up on what you're trying to argue for/against, find sources outside your comfort zone at times, and try to get facts. If you think Tucker (or his counterparts) are spinning you facts, then you're part of the problem.

Which, I find funny, because I often see those that spout disinformation constantly spouting things like "you need to think outside your box more", "something to think about" or, what's the latest version..."you need to think about more than just what you see in the mainstream media." No, you need to find the facts...just because something sounds the way you want it to doesn't make it true. Be Fox Mulder..."The Truth is out there."

mdrowe00 and jiggyfly like this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's become a proxy war for those who need to feel in control of the situation without finding the need to do the hard work of fixing it.

I guess it's entertaining either by feeling angry at the situation or feeling superior of how the other side are mouth breathing idiots.

The latter is more captive to people who watch mainstream news since downsizing and cuts have caused outlets to feed off each other and even government feeds rather than the time and money consuming task of fact finding and verification.

Solid analysis columns would help but viewers need a story or narrative to let abstract things from outside their dailies to sink in. This guy is one of the relative few with the time and interest to read more sources. It's not enough if 15% of the US is like him.

All we mostly do outside family is work and things that make working suck less. That culture ain't making anyone brighter.

mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.