1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elon Musk says China Rocks and Criticizes the US

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Aug 1, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not a good thing, it just shows the Chinese worker is wired differently.
    Even if you don't enjoy my takes,
    the documentary is very good.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. tinman

Supporting Member

You can believe whatever your want One Directioner

I doubt China cares about what I think, I'm not on TikTok

RayRay10 and Space Ghost like this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

LOLOLOL. More like the Ronald Reagan documentary.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

No Obama REALLY DID MAKE THAT DOCUMENTARY

$100 Tipjar bet

@Reeko @Sweet Lou 4 2

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Turns out that Americans don't actually understand nuanced policy, and just understand and like Bernie and Trump's simple campaign slogans. Biden needs to learn from that, and I think what I've seen so far is pretty good. "Build back Better" is a pretty good cheesy start for a campaign.

Presidential elections are about bumper sticker politics. The China animus is there though even if they don't want to understand the nitty gritty. Biden's camp has to be smart about how they campaign to Michigan and Wisconsin this Summer & Fall. I don't think his record will be an issue if he does that. Trumps not smart enough to really hurt Biden on his record without stepping in it himself. I think it's more about the simply bumper sticker policy that those swing voters will pay attention to.

dmoneybangbang and RayRay10 like this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sincere thanks for the recommendation. It isn't whether I like or don't like your takes. I'm just discussing.

RayRay10 and tinman like this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

The documentary is pretty complex and it shows that they are very different people when it comes to work philosophy.
    I have/had coworkers who work in China, I understand what Elon is trying to say.

Just an example, I might prioritize finishing up work the next day cause I want to watch the Rockets game that starts at 6. I have been guilty of this .
    My counterparts don't think like me. Maybe I'm complacent.

I know the difference between people and government.

RayRay10 and MightyMog like this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

LOL. I know his production company made this....

... just saying "Rust Belt"..... things don't rust quickly. It didn't start with Reagan either, he just accelerated it through supply side policies.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Elon to start building coal powered cars and trains in China by 2022.

[​IMG]

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've just skimmed through this thread and I guess no surprise it really took off.

First off my mistake saying "Energy sector" I was reading the article on my phone in my backyard so yes he wasn't talking about the PRC's energy sector but just a general term about the energy of the Chinese worker. Yes, workers in the PRC work very hard but they do work under much less safe working conditions than the US. I've been to factories in the PRC and even on the very controlled publicity tours that I was on it was very obvious that working conditions there are not as good as the US. It seems like a lot of people have forgotten a lot of the stories about Foxconn and how horribly workers were treated there.

Regarding how much Musk is praising the "Chinese Worker" versus "PRC Government" from the surface yes you could draw that distinction but given the authoritarian nature of the the PRC and that PRC rhetoric still uses the idea that it is a 'Workers State" that is almost impossible to do. The CCP definitely read this as praise for the CCP. Further as the article notes Musk is receiving $1.6 billion in loans from the PRC government to construct a factory there. Also Tesla's most dangerous competitor is PRC electric car company, Kandi. Kandi is announcing it's moving into the US this year and it's products are much more affordable than Tesla. Musk very much has an interest in getting and staying on the good side of the PRC.

One more thing to consider about Musk is that he's not really a nationalist. I don't think he views himself as having loyalty or concern about one country over the other.

At the risk of being called again a "CCP Bootlicker" and told to "Go back to China". I do have a nuanced view of the PRC so I'm not going to criticize Musk too much for this. For that matter I have a pretty nuanced view of Musk. He's made me money but at the same time I always worry he's one tweet away from costing me money. Maybe if I have to "go back to China", I can go hang out with Elon.

Space Ghost, RayRay10 and tinman like this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

Thanks brother for clarity

you sparked the one direction fans
    I swear I heard Harry styles

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

Naw bro,

you're the most American person on this thread.
    You, @Nook and myself are really the best posters on this particular thread who think SIGNIFICANTLY ABOVE OTHERS.

Like HAKEEM LEVEL POSTING

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

We can hang with Elon cause we're cool and these other idiots have to stand in the losers section.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

China may rock, but England swings:

15. tinman

Supporting Member

I remember Foxconn and the jump nets.
    I got you bro, I got your knowledge

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your whole hypothesis went to **** the moment you made this claim. Not one left-leaning person of any importance has ever suggested this.

And to imply that a guy who’s made a few thousand luxury electric cars has done more for the environment than our government is plain wrong. The Clean Air Act alone made places like Pittsburgh and Cleveland habitable again after years of being environmental shitholes. Add in the efforts of government administrators to enforce these laws and your statement becomes even more ludicrous.

My review for your post is 0 out of 5 stars, which means it’s the political equivalent of a Russ Meyer film without boobs.

17. Nook

Nook Member

You are not a CCP bootlicker.

There have been a couple of times you have misjudged the motives of the CCP but no one bats 1000.

I have a bias because of my affinity for Hong Kong and my family that lives there that I am very close to.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I don't know that you need to go back to China but I think you face a critical issue that a lot of Chinese face and that is your status as an American vs your status as Chinese. Because Chinese ethnicity doubles as a nationality and nationalism is an important tool of the CCP this is a lot more present issue for Chinese than most any other ethnicity, race, etc. I have seen this frequently in school and in the workplace where many Chinese struggle with being American and Chinese. There's also no question that the refusal of Americans to accept Chinese as Americans plays a strong role here as well. I personally find your continued reference to China as the PRC as an unfortunate use of a propaganda-like name promoted by the Communist Party. Despite the protestations of Chinese that China is different now, they are run by the Communist Party and they behave like Communists particularly as it pertains to civil rights, aggressive militarism. foreign policy, spying, and theft of data/intellectual property. They only behave like capitalists in so much as they're able to leverage it for their nationalistic and militaristic aspirations. As soon as capitalism no longer provides them that benefit they will switch to whatever does with the Communists driving the bus. And I say this fully acknowledging that the United States has surrendered its moral authority over the last 40 years with lies, unnecessary militarism, and an abdication of leadership.

RayRay10 and conquistador#11 like this.
  19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Pot, meet kettle. Since we are spouting off baseless numbers, Ill state a few thousand COVID deaths are meaningless.

Tesla has approximately 1.3% market share on the road at 730,000 units produced. I love how you washed 3/4 of a million down to 'a few thousand'.

Curious question. At what point is the number no longer meaningless?

20. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

For folks who like to talk about USA vs China..

You should really watch
    Ronny chieng netflix "Asian Comedian Destroys America" it's made in 2019. But his jokes while not all 100% true, does hit on the spot and gives you good laughs. I was recommended by this by my Asian friends.

Also American's work just as hard as Chinese citizens...only difference is Chinese are hungry and growing society. While USA has been at the top so long..we are struggling with our identity (internal and external to our Allies).

Also Everything China is/has going through, the USA has been their and done it (all good and all bad, i see comments of labor laws in China but USA has been through it and to this day, we still have American factories that do not follow Labor law codes). While we judge others, we tend to forget our own pains of growing up. American (me too) sometimes wish other countries can skip the part we went through to be a better society (very hard concept to force people on). It's like telling your kids, don't do things..but they never listen until they make a mistake themselves.

Also Elon focus is on future. If i had to guess, Elon is the type of person who would literally go against guidelines if he can advance technology. (meaning, if he had too, if he can kill 5 people today, to save 1 billion tomorrow, he would do it)...anyway that's what i think of Elon. Not bad or good, but i am sure in the future when all vehicles are gas free, his name will be in the books at the man who really pushed EV industry into a positive direction.

RayRay10 likes this.