1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elon Musk says China Rocks and Criticizes the US

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Aug 1, 2020.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That video made by Tesla about a Tesla factory didn't really show much about the conditions at all. It showed promotional material for the company that made it. I hope that their working conditions are great and they might well be. But that video isn't really proof of anything.

RayRay10 and DVauthrin like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really do believe the majority of the dangerous work in the factory is done by robots.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

To me it's pretty clear the connection he's making. in those comments. China rocks, their energy is great, their workers are hard-working, unlike the workers in America who are complacent and entitled. Those are pretty disgusting comments considering the inhumane human and worker rights in China, and I honestly believe he is implying that it sure would be great if American workers where more "motivated" to work like Chinas work force.

4. dmoneybangbang

We were already changing our relationship with China prior to 2016.

I'm not sure how BIden is any less cozy than Trump. The only thing that Trump did was talk tough, killed the global trade through a global trade war, and mothballed the US oil and gas sector.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Pretend to be confused, everybody can see what you implied with that comment. Stay classy and honest brother.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Certainly a lot of work at Tesla is. But we don't know about the other conditions of the workers, their hours, pay, sick-leave, etc.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

Just like auto factors in the US......

... but US taxpayer money wasn't enough for your boy Elon, he needs those Yuans.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

You didn't read the full article

but you know Ford has a factory in China as well. So they can sell Fords to the chinese market.

Tesla is doing the same.

But you know , I don't expect business majors in this part of the forum.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

How much US government money went into making Tesla?

The value of Tesla is the technology.....

....we are in tech race with China, a country who has been ripping us off....

Why are you so pro China? Can you promise me China won't steal Tesla's technology?

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think his positions on trade need to align more to the more progressive Democratic party of 2020 more than he needs to worry about cozy China relationships of the past. I think that's the most important thing to Democrats I know.

In the past I think both parties have been wrong about China and trade even though I understand why initially the Clinton admin enacted much of the trade policy that Bush and Reagan crafted beforehand. Trump ran against both parties in 2016 on trade & China and that's a big part of why he won the midwest states. I think the Obama/Biden admin really didn't see the animus Americans have on trade in their 8 years, but Trump's winning of Michigan and Wisconsin in 2016 sure did open the eyes of pretty much all Democrats... Biden too I'm assuming.

And if Biden doesn't know that, there are very smart people around him that I'm sure are on top of the issue. I saw Biden's "buy American" speech which was quite good, and more focus on trade certainly will help him in October/November.

RayRay10, Nook and dmoneybangbang like this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

This is a pretty serious accusation.
    I have no idea why in an Elon Musk thread I would make that assertion.
    I'd like to have some proof please.

@justtxyank @Clutch

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

By complacency and entitlement he means regulating business and labor laws of course. He's a capitalist pig of the worst sort, takes advantage of $5 billion in corporate welfare on the front end and then trash talks on the back end.

13. dmoneybangbang

Obama's China containment involved multiple elements.

1) Trade. TPP to create an alternative market to China for all Pacific Rim countries.

2) Military repositioning. "Pivot to Asia". Not only the redeployment of forces from Europe to the Pacific. But also of higher end assets like F-22s.

3) Cultivating new partners. Notably, India and Vietnam. Add Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan, Japan and South Korea, it starts to look like encirclement, or at least strict containment to the East China and South China Seas.

And that's just the overt stuff. It's unfortunate that all this was both hard to explain and for the American public to understand. The Dems keep losing the narrative battle. Trump concisely made the campaign about, "those people over there are taking advantage of you and those people over let it happen".

RayRay10, Nook and dobro1229 like this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Sorry, Tinman, but you aren't nearly as slick or cute as you think you are. Please my friend, stay classy.

RayRay10 and CometsWin like this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

Lol I'm not pro China. if I say that Chinese workers are dedicated, that's a compliment to their workers.

If you say you like American farmers does that mean you are fan of the government?

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

You dropped the R world not me.

I'm always classy. All 99ers are.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

And Obama made that great award winning documentary AMERICAN FACTORY

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

No, you just carry water for someone who took money from and slanders your own government.

What's worse, you are too naive to see China salivating because you are so star crossed...

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

But you appear to be basing their dedication on the fact that workers pick up broken glass with their bare hands as if that is a good thing.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

@Os Trigonum @RayRay10 @Ziggy @Reeko @rocketsjudoka @Space Ghost

I think there's an issue with some posters who don't get the
    ONE DIRECTION ANALOGY

this means you only believe that people should think ONE WAY and that it's either THIS DIRECTION OR THE OTHER DIRECTION

This doesn't imply race even though Zayn is the only middle eastern member of the group

[​IMG]

RayRay10 and Space Ghost like this.