1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elon Musk says China Rocks and Criticizes the US

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Aug 1, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have nothing against Chinese workers.
    Also me criticizing China the government is completely different.

Chinese People aka Citizens are hard working people . I NEVER and I advise you to NEVER reveal your true self here, but I may have known people who work in China, the workers are good people.

Elon has factories which are basically 80% robots doing work, I can see where he can spot people being COMPLACENT.

Apparently you fell for the click bait that made Elon sound like he's Vladimir Putin and Kim John Un rolled into on cool ass dude!

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. tinman

Supporting Member

He might be cooler than me, but I doubt non 99ers are as cool as the 99ers FOR SURE!!

look at @DaDakota

A badass!

RayRay10 and peleincubus like this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Then we are in complete agreement.

Lol you are not really trying to pull this card here are you? Lmao, what a joke you are.

Did you not read my comments or are you completely disingenuous? This is an important distinction on your personal morals.

I again have never referenced the condition of Elon's personal work conditions in China. I'm saying his comments of applauding China, applauding their energy, implying their workers are harder workers because they are naturally "more dedicated" - ignoring they have inhumane work conditions and rights, then comparing their "dedicated work" to the "dedication" of workers in the richest cities in America. Replace dedication with desperation Tinman, because that is the real operative factor between the two workforces.

RayRay10 and DVauthrin like this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

I don't believe Elon Musk is anti American or pro China government.

but i won't stop you from believing

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

A couple points.

A lot of what he said is accurate.

Workers do work hard in China, because they have to. Mainland China is very greed driven and status driven, more so than the USA. Also the labor laws in China are not as strong in the USA. The reality in the USA is that workers do not have to work as hard to have a decent life. Workers are increasingly not willing to work 12 hour shifts because employment isn’t their top priority.

So if Musk wants mindless drones that will work under any circumstances, China is a better bet. However he would still have to deal with the CCP.

China is running into a lot of serious issues too and there is a lot of distrust from the West. Not sure it would be smart for Musk to align with them.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Exactly and what does it mean when Elon praises China saying that they rock and that their workers are so much harder working them Americans?

Sounds like he kinda wishes we had the same kind of workforce, hence work conditions, here.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

So I take it you withdraw your assertion that I'm racist?

Did you not read my comments correctly or were you being disingenuous?

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

Best post of the thread, and thanks for reading the article!

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

You just like how he slanders the US govt and kisses the CCP's ass.

It's amusing how Musk became a right wing hero for using a lot of government subsidies to prop up Solar City, Tesla, and SpaceX..... but Solyndra was a scam.....explain that one.

The problem is people like you who swing which ever way the wind is blowing....... 2008-2016 it was about the free market and small government.... 2016 it's about using the government to make those other countries pay.....

..... more so than the government who provides the incentives to help Tesla..... ? How does that add up?

Sure, "open".

You think the Chinese aren't busy reverse engineering US tax funded technology that Elon handed over?

LOL. Well they don't bash the US government so I can see why you dislike them.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Elon Musk isn’t pro anything or anyone except himself.

Invisible Fan, RayRay10 and tinman like this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

China is stealing our vaccines.... our intellectual property...... and you just told China, "may I have another?"

GO BACK TO CHINA!

12. dmoneybangbang

"The US has been so good to me.... it's about time to sell out to the Chinese"

RayRay10, DVauthrin and No Worries like this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

why would i say you are racist?

One Directioners are people who lean Zayn or lean Harry, not carrying about the rest of the group!

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

Honestly I don’t think it has much more depth than what he said on the surface. China is extremely pro business and the workers there will work longer and harder than the USA.... the reasons why to someone like Musk don’t matter.

Remember he believed the USA was the best nation ever until the press coverage and then them not allowing his plant to operate.... why they wouldn’t let him doesn’t matter to him. The government limited him and he hates that.

FWIW while he is a brilliant businessman and he gets things done as well as anyone in the world... he also has never been savvy with his words, he has never been measured or controlled. He just sucks at PR and also dealing with people... so when I read something about an interview I expect controversy.

RayRay10, Space Ghost and tinman like this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

man, Nook is TRULY a NON ONE DIRECTION FAN!

You realize people here just want to HEAR WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR.
    You are the ONLY PERSON BESIDES ME who READ THE DAMN ARTICLE.

@Os Trigonum @Reeko @RayRay10

Maybe we need a new member of SICO!

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't know, why did you?

I take it as you being disingenuous then? That's a shame.

If you follow any of my politics you will see that I'm hyperfocused on the quality of life for the poor and working class. Your politics seem to be focused on quality of life for the upper class and uber-rich. You are the true one direction fan for Elon and you showed in this thread.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

When did I call you a racist?

Can you please point that post to me!
    @Clutch @Sweet Lou 4 2 @Os Trigonum @justtxyank

#57 tinman, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

This is my concern with Biden. He had been to cozy with China. While I do not agree with how Trump has handled many of his dealings with China, he is correct that we need to change our relationship with China.

RayRay10 and tinman like this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

I don't follow your politics? Am I suppose to?

I'm the 99er here! you are suppose to follow me, and apparently you do!
    @Ziggy

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Bingo. His specifically pointing out CA and NY drills that point home. He caught grief when early on in the pandemic he was still forcing his workers back in unsafe conditions, and think that might have been what really started all of this. His greed, and narcissism which led him to disregard the very people who made him who he is today, and instead of looking inward, he sought a vendetta against those who he felt called him out.... Democrats in blue states.

It's important to remind folks that Elon Musk is not American even though he has dual citizenship, and even more to the point.... he is a white guy born into privilege from South Africa. You don't have to know much about South African politics to understand the dynamics there.

The next administration needs to do whatever it can to further incentivize Ford, and Chevy to create great electric cars. This guy is so cocky and such an egomaniac he's going to quickly go out of business the moment anyone develops an electric car that competes which shouldn't be that hard, and will easily be half the price. Ford and Chevy could never get away with treating their workers the way he does too even if they would like to I'm sure (Ford and Chevy are no saints).

RayRay10, DVauthrin, Ziggy and 2 others like this.