1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elon Musk says China Rocks and Criticizes the US

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Aug 1, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Elon cares about people all over the world

He has factory workers in both countries. I don't own two factories in two different countries
    but that Obama documentary is great

There's a clip when the sent the American workers to China and they saw these Chinese workers grabbing broken glass with their bare hands!
    That's insane dedication.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

what country do you think this is?

[​IMG]

Why is musk IN USA?
    If usa sucks so bad why does musk jock it so much and cant get enough of it?
    Foreigners talking sh\it 24/7 about usa yet cant get enough.where do they spend 90% of their time? Usa!! Its the most p***y thing frankly ive ever seen .. Even funnier is dudes like musk whos entire existence is owed to usa ..dudes like him foreign all the while IN USA sucking off corporate welfare teet to boot..n..plz

3. tinman

Supporting Member

Elon has a factory in China so he can sell cars in China, it's pretty simple logistics.

The cars in America and Canada are coming from California and soon to be Texas

His opinions aren't the gospel, but if he met some arrogant people in California, I believe him.

He lives in California and his bay-bay Grimes is in LA.

That's like asking Snoop Dogg what he thinks of week in LA, he knows, he's there.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

I read the whole article.
    It's not an anti-USA rant.

you can interpret it any way you want.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

Ok Brother, I'm going to actually break down some of the article, before someone who DOESN'T READ THE WHOLE THING
    spins it

but that's the D&D

“When you’ve been winning for too long you sort of take things for granted. The United States, and especially like California and New York, you’ve been winning for too long. When you’ve been winning too long you take things for granted. So, just like some pro sports team they win a championship you know a bunch of times in a row, they get complacent and they start losing.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A situation where workers are grabbing broken glass with their bare hands isn't something to admired, or a good example of something we should want. It isn't something anyone from management, ownership or workers should see as something to aspire to.

RayRay10, DVauthrin and ThatBoyNick like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Is that really what you would call dedication Tinman? Or is that desperation?

China does not rock, the energy is not great there. Many of the workers are desperate and exploited under an oppressive authoritarian regime that treats their people like garbage. Out of all the people I'd be telling this to, I wouldn't have guessed it'd be you. Don't be a one direction fan for Elon, be ABOVE.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

whereas I see in the United States increasingly much more complacency and entitlement especially in places like the Bay Area, and L.A. and New York.”

pretty much called out 3 cities.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

The Energy is not Energy sector, I think he was talking about the energy of their workers.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yes, our 3 richest cities cannot brag about "dedicated employees" being more than happy to pick up broken glass with their bare hands.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I wasn't talking about the energy sector. When he says China rocks, the energy is in China is great he's referencing the country. China to Elon is like a Phish concert, it rocks and has great vibes!

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Which are all integral parts of America and what make this nation what it is. He lambasted America in favor of the Chinese government and conditions that the Hong Kong protestors are against and you agree with it.

You're definitely entitled to hold that opinion.

13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Even without outright theft or foul play, it will create an ecosystem in China - component/part subcons, engineers, etc; making it easier for chinese ev companies to come up in future.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

So there are two things

The American Factory Documentary about a Glass Factory

And Elon Musk who owns Tesla

From watching that award winning documentary, The chinese counterparts are more dedicated for sure.

So what you did is you took what I said about a documentary and applied it to the 3 cities which Elon talked about.

I don't know how the Chinese Workers are in China for TESLA.
    But I trust Elon does.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

He's calling out workers for being complacent.

This has nothing to do with saving the world from communism or aliens or monkeys or viruses.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

I know one thing for sure,

I'm the only person who read the entire click bait article.
    ONE DIRECTIONERS DON'T READ, THEY JUST REACT TO HEADLINES

@Os Trigonum @Reeko

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It absolutely does when he compares them to workers from China and the conditions that mandate the cheap labor under inhumane conditions.

RayRay10, DVauthrin and ThatBoyNick like this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

Looks like pretty good working conditions for a car factory in China

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Because it's an example of why these comments are trash in the greater picture. Chinese workers aren't more dedicated, they are more desperate and exploited, they don't have humane worker or human rights. So for Elon to come out and says China rocks, China's vibe is great, their workers are much harder workers then here in our richest cities is complete garbage comment that disrespects both the workers of China and America. He didn't reference his own specific workers, he referenced the entire country of china and their entire workforce. I know that you know why this immoral, don't die on this hill.

Invisible Fan, RayRay10 and DVauthrin like this.
  20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

doubtful. my son loves the rockets and i can attest to him being cooler than you. lol

RayRay10 likes this.