1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eli Manning is better than Philip Rivers.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Chamillionaire, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Chamillionaire

Maybe we got more people who migh agree with me this time. I said this several years ago with a lot of people disagreeing. It feels food to be right. Tracymacaddidas or whatever his name is, yeah. :p:grin:

2. 713

713 Member

David Carr is better than Schaub.

3. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Where were you last year when Eli threw 25 picks?
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2tUsUoMIHZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Now tell me about how you're a big Giants fan, and you've always followed the Clippers.

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Don't like Eli, never have....but respect where it's due. He's now had two mind-blowing postseason runs taking out high caliber talent. He was trash his first 4 years, but he's found a comfort zone in the Giants spread offense.

Kudos as well to the Giants for farming 3 stellar WRs for him to use. But he's placing some impressive deep balls in traffic that not many guys could.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:confused:

I was about to REP your post with the video... but I stopped watching after the first six (6) were touched initially by his receivers. :( It holds no weight against Eli, but... those should be on the receivers.

6. Chamillionaire

Actually I dont really follow the giants nor the clippers so u can kiss my a$$. He's got 2 rings, now name me current Qbs with two or more rings. Yeah he's in that category. I'll go ahead and say Philip rivers will never win a SB, as a matter of fact he will never go to the SB.

7. Chamillionaire

And the chargers play in one of the worst divisions in the league with tebow leading the mediocre broncos to the division title. You can say all you want about his 25 picks, cause he's still a world champion twice over and there's nothing u can say to change that.

8. Nook

Nook Member

blah blah blah no one cares... besides, I thought you said that you were not a Giants fan. You sound like a little girl with "he is a world champion twice over and nothing you can say to change that"... what are you 12? Using your logic, he still has thrown 25 int's in a season, and nothing you can say can change it.

This is a stupid thread.... and I posted in it.

9. Chamillionaire

If u didn't care y would u post in this thread. Little dumb maybe.

10. Nook

Nook Member

You are stupid.

11. Chamillionaire

That's the best u can so? Come into my thread, criticize the contents of the thread, calling it stupid but you keep posting in it. Moving on.

12. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

Trent Dilfer & Doug Williams each have as many Super Bowl wins as Dan Marino, Peyton Manning and Warren Moon combined. Therefore they are better QBs. End of story.

13. MONON

MONON Member

This thread's beginning to sound like my 2 granddaughters. Back on subject, Eli's proven to be clutch in the post season.

14. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

They're both pretty good QBs.

15. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Please, bring this conversation to somewhere else.

Why in the world is this thread in the TEXANS' forums?

16. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

Nobody's arguing that Eli hasn't played tremendously in Giants 2 Super Bowl runs, he obviously has. But Rivers has averaged for his career a 95.5 QB rating, has completed 63.5% of his passes and has 2 TD for every INT he's thrown in his career. Eli has done any one of those things exactly once in his entire career (21:10 TD/INT ratio in 2008).

Obviously Eli has had more team success than Rivers, and a portion of that goes to both their accounts. But Rivers has had far, far more individual success than Manning has. I'm sure Giants fans would much rather have their 2 rings than great QB passing stats, but it doesn't mean that Eli is better than Rivers.

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Eli has that clutch factor.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Why was this moved to the Texans forum? And why are there Texans in the TAgs?

19. Chamillionaire

Dilfer's ravens had one of the best d in the league. Wasnt Williams a backup to Repin (sp?) and he played huge just that SB?

20. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Then great grabs on plays like this shouldn't count as TD's?
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wk_Pd7N99d8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>