1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Electricity will be expensive this summer in Texas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JuanValdez, Jun 1, 2018.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

With everything going on with the states power grid, does anybody think its better to lock into a long term deal now. Im looking at a 2 year contract at .098 cents or a 1 year at .095? Im thinking the 2 year plan would be better at this moment in time if prices surge in the future.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am looking into about 7 to 8KW of Solar.

Screw Greg Abutt and his wall over energy stance.

DD

cheke64 likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Electricity is ridiculous NOW!!!
    Time to find a new company!!

WTF: Taxable TDU Delivery Charges --> $87.00
    When did this become a thing?

Rocket River

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Just walk into a Home Depot. Every time I go there...I get approached by someone asking if I'm interested in going solar ready to sell me on it. It's kind of creepy because you don't know who this guy is. He's just always there lurking.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Is it half your bill? It always seems to be on mine. I think it is another charge by the kilowatt hour. There are some people that personally come out and deliver you the electricity using a proton pack. They call themselves TDU Busters. ;)

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I know! I was like what the heck is that fricking!!
    My bill is near the half
    My bill is like 100$ more than it was this time last year!1

Rocket River

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. Same thing on local forums like Nextdoor. Somebody says their electric bill went up and multiple people show up saying they can save them money by going solar and how they can have $20-$30 electric bills! So you ask them how much it costs and it's always "give me your contact info" or "contact me". So you say... no need.. just ballpark an average figure for me for saaaay a 2500-3000 sq. ft. house. No response.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Do you have gas/electric or just all electric? Cost of all that mess went up. lol. TDU has always been there - those are basically what the TDU charges for getting electricity to your electric company/region.

I have gas heating and electric everything else. Usually my winter bills are like $70-$125, I think. My summer bills are at-worst probably $250'ish. The bill I just got for this winter was $225 or something. A lot of people are flipping out about it online.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I have all electric
    And that kind of jump is what I am seeing

Rocket River