1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eat crow thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by whag00, Jan 4, 2020.

1. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Agreed. If Billy O and Rac put the same product on the field and spot KC 16 points in the 1st half forget about it....Watson/Watt and company will have to play above the level of coaching once again in my opinion to have a chance to pull off a stunning win in KC,,if you go back and watch the Bills game you'll see Kenny Stills waving his hands multiple times to Watson being open..he could've been targeted more frequently...I'm not sure if that's Watson's choice or Billy's or both not to go in his direction more often....I would play Taiwan Jones more as well. Watson needs to call a timeout next time he sees a 4th and 1 and the opposing team got it snuffed out...Billy needs to call something else as well next time...devils in the details.oh and Roby gotta learn how to catch a ball

Red.Glare and Two Sandwiches like this.
  2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

You thought josh Allen was good? Lol

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

They were +2.5 favorites at kickoff, so, obviously somebody was picking them.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Tl;Dr version: Texans win in spite of him

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They were -2.5... and home teams usually get -3 regardless, so its safe to say there was more money on Buffalo yesterday and they failed to cover.

King1 and raining threes like this.
  6. raining threes

Agreed

But he has a young QB that it's still to early to say you can win a championship with IMHO

TheFreak and Nook like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

I am not putting Watson in the top 4-5 Quarterbacks but with an elite defense and strong skill players I am pretty confident that he can. I feel that way about 10-12 QB’s in the league.

raining threes likes this.
  8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

O'Brien needs to eat crow and admit he's not an OC.

whag00 likes this.
  9. raining threes

The Texans beat a good football team.

BOB played a big part in that. Starting with going for two twice.

This doesn't mean Watson didn't play a big part in getting the W too.

TheFreak likes this.
  10. raining threes

He has a pretty good set of skill guys.

The defense needs upgrades but if a fast WR that has good hands and runs good routes is there in the 2nd rd, that would be my pick. I've seen enough of WFV to know he cant be counted on.

Houstunna likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Fuller cannot be counted on, I agree. I also agree that he has some nice skill guys around him but I don’t think the line or running back is Super Bowl caliber. It is hard to say though, they may do better with better play calling.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The line is very young... but has talent and can grow together (most lines get better with just repetition and consistency of personnel, regardless of talent), and is infinitely better than what Watson has had to work with the last two years.

As the playoffs show, teams need to be able to run the ball consistently in these games... while the Texans are far from consistent in their execution in running the ball, the desire/focus to do so is there and will need to continue to be a point of emphasis going forward.

13. raining threes

They do miss Howard and need to fire Devlin.

Look at the RB's that the Pats/Eagles use. They aren't much better than the Texans RB corps.

14. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I 100 percent disagree...you got it in reverse but your entitled ,,,both O Brian and RAC are the main culprits in this screen play...a team with this much talent can't scroe in the 1st quarter on the 1st drive..the only team in the NFL all season..give me a freakin break...Watson improvised yesterday and O Brian had ZERO to do with that

15. raining threes

Run Deshaun run offense

Hope they keep it up.

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  16. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

yea...let him drive the lambo like he did his rookie season and lets see what happens..step outta the way

17. raining threes

BTW, I'm against the run Deshaun run offense during the regular season due to the greater chance of injury. But these are the playoffs and you've gotta throw caution to the wind if you want to win a SB.

18. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

well your run Deshaun run offense versus handing the ball off on 1st down to get 1 yard altho is more risky is most likely the only choice about now to have a chance to keep KC Defense guessing somewhat

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Sorry, I don’t eat crow

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member