1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eat crow thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by whag00, Jan 4, 2020.

1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

LOL. I expect nothing less from your type.

2. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Watson saved Fred Flinstone's job and RAC's BS...team came out lazy as usual with the usual non-sense. Watson studded it out being under pressure all day...but anyways, Fred will most likely be here next season via the Marvin Lewis Bengals just keep your coach syndrome year after year

#42 PhiSlamma15, Jan 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He is better than Williams was.

4. shorerider

shorerider Member

WTH I went out with 1:35 left thinking they would run out the clock when it was 19-16. But I checked the final score 22-19?

Sajan likes this.
  5. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

look about the same to me wit both being mediocre but I get your pont..however, both franchises being totally satisfied enough to keep them several seasons i,e, the Texans Marvin Lewis Syndrome is what I call it

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Marvin Lewis never made it past the wild card round.

raining threes, red5rocket and Nook like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

O’Brien is better than Lewis when it comes to controlling his football team. That is one thing I will always give him. He keeps his players out of trouble and they are disciplined.

The problem is that he is not a very good in game coach. He isn’t a good play caller but thinks he is. His best best is to have good assistants that he defers play calling to. He has the QB to win.

vince, Gray_Jay, red5rocket and 2 others like this.
  8. Sajan

Sajan Member

No one's eating crow.
    Sure, props for coming back from a 16 pt deficit but BoB made terrible decisions that would have wasted all that effort. Game should have been over in regulation (22-16 perhaps). It took a miracle play from Watson to setup a FG.

PhiSlamma15 and Rocket River like this.
  9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Deshaun pulling a win out of his ass doesn't mean BOB isn't a dipshit

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Marvin Williams played bball. Time for some sleep.

Nook likes this.
  11. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

ok...Fred Flinstone barely better than Marvin I guess..that's not saying a whole lot. Watson playing above his coaching whereas Dalton didn't I suppose, Texans won in spite of coaching

12. SemisolidSnake

I can see it now. Scoring only happens when Watson runs or throws the ball to himself after bouncing it off another player. Most of the offense waits behind the line waiting to throw nothing shorter than 30-yd passes.

HP3 likes this.
  13. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

OMG you are right on... BOB is the most predictable coach I have ever seen... he has no business being the OC for a high school team.

I had no problem with him going for the 4th and 1, but why do you run Watson up the middle instead of a bootleg or a quick out with Hop....

The team was so damn conservative in the 1st half on offense and defense it was sickening to watch..

T_Man

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  14. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

So is Watt still "washed"?

15. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

It is a lot easier to have a well-disciplined team that stays off the police blotter, when they didn't recruit the kind of players the Bengals were known for employing. Another LOL at the thought of the Texans going after players like AB, or Janoris Jenkins. They were also better disciplined yesterday with avoiding the kind of stupid penalties (Tunsil aside) that have plagued them in important games in the past. BoB deserves credit there too.

Agree with your second paragraph.

Houstunna likes this.
  16. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Relax. Texans won a home field playoff game in a 50-50 match-up with The Buffalo Bills. Team showed some heart by flipping the switch midway through the 3rd quarter, but through the first 2.5 quarters they looked like an absolute zero in all phases, the same way they looked through four quarters against the Colts at home in last year’s playoffs. Do that any time from here on forward and there will be no comeback because the competition will have already put the game out of reach. Nobody in the rest of the country is going to give the Texans their due for beating Buffalo at home. To change that narrative, the team will have to perform against a true contender as they are facing next week. And that doesn’t necessarily come only through winning, but by competing at their level, the way I would argue O’Brien’s team performed against New England in the 2nd round despite Osweiler a few years ago, or Kubiak’s team competed with the Ravens in the 2nd round six or seven years ago. Watson took a step as a playoff performer yesterday that he had not taken previously in limited playoff showing, but he’s going to need to take that proverbial giant leap next game.

raining threes and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  17. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I have my Super Bowl crow feast sitting in the freezer waiting to be defrosted....

18. Buck Turgidson

You're spot on about the team culture, or whatever you want to call it. He runs a tight ship.

Sadly you're also spot on about his abilities as a sunday coach, regardless of what his bootlickers keep saying.

Or, to put it bluntly:

STR8Thugg and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  19. vince

vince Member

BOB has made mistakes, but he is good at eking out wins. And most importantly, it seems he still has his players respect, which is what matters most.

He screws up a lot of X and O plays, especially time management; but his players play their butts for him.

Obviously there is very good chemistry on the team. Disgruntled players, sabotaging players, bitter players, egotistical players, are moved on.

Kubiak had great chemistry until, one day it poof vanished. He lost the team and he was moved on, and led the Broncos to a Super Bowl.

BOB can still get better, and I think he has a certain intangible. He has a vision that other can share, and if everyone does their part, the team will have success everyone can celebrate a Súper bowl.

20. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Watt was a pleasant surprise..that was vintage 2015 ish Watt almost