1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eat crow thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by whag00, Jan 4, 2020.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's KC if the Titans win which is entirely possible, especially if they get any kind of lead and that running game and the weather right now...

I think it's an L either way. We can't have scoreless first qtrs and expect to get far with the defense we have.

Nook likes this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

BOB has deserved to lose his job a while back. So no, I am not eating crow lol.

Nook, rockets94-95 and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No one in the PreGame picked the Texans

Rocket River

BigM and pgabriel like this.
  4. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I think more fans wanted bills to win to get rid of Obrian and Rac like myself. Watson saved Fred Flinstone's job

napalm06 likes this.
  5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

This was a rough night for the “fire the coach no matter what” crowd, no doubt about that. They thought they had the embarrassing home playoff loss they were hoping for, and it looked good for them for almost 3 quarters. Then the unthinkable happened and the “home” team pulled out an unfortunate win. I know it must hurt fellas. If you’re thinking of doing anything drastic, please, talk to someone.

6. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Eat crow?... All we gotta do is copy and paste unto next week's thread... Same issues will rear it's ugly head..

red5rocket likes this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Coach was sht, Watson saved the day. What else is new? Unless BoB suddenly becomes better at his job, people will still call for the sht coach to b fired regardless of the outcome of the game.

Hell, if u go on reddit u will see some posters asking for him to be fired even if we win a SB.

Make no mistake, this win wasn't because BoB coached us to victory, it was his players bailin his ass out.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

They aint an excuse. Watson was not playing well early so save that he saved his job bullshit.

I love Watson, but he started slowly. The game never got out of hand cause the team stayed steady. Thats coaching. Watson gets two more feet no O.T.

So hlad he came through but the TEAM had his back early

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So the onfield execution was flawless the whole game?

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This is where I am. I admit I gave up but F who wouldn't have...

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Y do u care so much if we were flawless the whole game? So the sht coach doesn't get full blame for coaching poorly?

U can spin it anyway u want BoB defenders, but u r delusional if u think BoB coached well this game.

Watson has his faults, but at least he came through when it really mattered, can't say the same for BoB.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So Watson missing wide open Hopkins is BoB's fault?

I just wanna your stupid ass **** straight so i crush your stupidity accurately.

What did BoB do incorrectly "when it mattered"?

mario_v and TheFreak like this.
  13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

When it’s not flawless it’s because of the coach. When it works it’s in spite of the coach. Did you miss sports talk radio 101?

mario_v and rugg31 like this.
  14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Exactly. I missed the take

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@TheFreak

You're right, sports talk stupidity. But its hard not respond when its non stop after wins

16. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

When BOB takes us to the Super Bowl, I will eat crow.

House Rockets, Nook, gatsby and 5 others like this.
  17. Texanstradamus

I knew Deshaun was the truth ain’t no eating crow for me

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It's funny because while you're being sarcastic, you are describing my exact feelings. And the friends I was watching with, and my dad. We lived out the darkest timeline.

We don't need to argue in rhetoricals about whether Bill O'Brien can or cannot be criticized after a win. His resume speaks louder than either of us can talk.

A good win is one that gives you any confidence that you can win the next game. If this win did that for you, kudos. You're a happier fan than I am.

Nook likes this.
  19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No. BoB needed to fired after that first half. Hell, he still needs to fired after that win. My problem is BoB’s offense comes out flat EVERY GAME. I wanted to wait til the end of the season for BoB evaluation. At the very least...they need a real Offensive Coordinator.

#39 Mr.Scarface, Jan 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    Nook and conquistador#11 like this.
  20. Juxtaposed Jolt

Basically this.

We won because of Watt's sack which woke everyone up, and then Watson finished off the Bills because he's literally the embodiment of magic...

...but we also got lucky in that Josh Allen was essentially a "rookie" as far as Playoff pressure.

I hope I'm wrong, but we're going to get destroyed by Mahomes / Jackson next week.

roxallways likes this.