1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Early 2023 Big Board/Prospect Talk

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Sen89, Jun 17, 2022.

Tags:
  1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

well duh one of a set of twins always has to be born first. this time it just happened to be 6 months of labor then Ausar popped out.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Misguiding information, that is hardly biologically possible until they are fake twins.......:D:D:D Siamese and separated much later.

peleincubus likes this.
  3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This video talks about Victor a bit and some other players that don't get talked about as much as maybe the top 3-6. They talk about not seeing any offers out there that would make Portland give up their spot (not that that means anything).

4. i3artow i3aller

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Any of you guys watch Bilal Coulibaly play or know much about him? I knew about him, but never bothered following him thinking it was hype that came with Victor pushing him up, but I'm seeing more and more about him now. He played on the same team with Wembanyama. Supposed to be a good defender, but the dude grew like a foot in height in about 3 years. His stats don't really speak like he's worth a pick, but some say he would've been a lottery pick next year (which is a weak draft from what I've been reading). Then, of course, assuming it's true, he's got the wonky wingspan of 7'3" while being 6'6" in height.

sydmill and i3artow i3aller like this.
  6. i3artow i3aller

“He is our X factor,” Wembanyama told SLAM Magazine. “An all-terrain weapon, he can posterize a player and on the very next play block him. Players keep on underestimating him because he is young … They go for a layup thinking they are safe and they get annihilated. Every game he does something crazy. I think he is the player I’m looking for the most on the court.”

daywalker02, Dr of Dunk and OremLK like this.
  7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Coulibaly is one of a group of enigmatic young toolsy Euro players who could be in play around the back end of the first round. I might like him the most of that bunch. His wingspan is already crazy and he might still be growing. He's a really good shooter too. Very easy to see him becoming a good player off the bench for us, and there's enough upside to really dream on given his youth and tools.

i3artow i3aller and Dr of Dunk like this.
  8. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Tier 1 - Wembanyama
    • Bigs: Victor Wembanyama
    • Forwards: N/A
    • Wings: N/A
    • Guards: N/A
    Tier 2 - Top-5 Grade
    • Bigs: N/A
    • Forwards: Brandon Miller
    • Wings: Cam Whitmore
    • Guards: Scoot Henderson
    Tier 3 - Top-10 Grade
    • Forwards: Taylor Hendricks; Jarace Walker
    • Wings: Ausar Thompson
    • Guards: Anthony Black; Amen Thompson

Tier 4 - Mid-1st Grade
    • Forwards: Leonard Miller
    • Wings: Brice Sensabaugh; Sidy Cissoko; Dariq Whitehead; Gradey Dick; Bilal Coulibaly; Jett Howard
    • Guards: Keyonte George; Cason Wallace

Tier 5 - Late 1st Grade
    • Bigs: Dereck Lively II; Noah Clowney
    • Forwards: Tristan Vukcevic; GG Jackson; Bobi Klintman; Kris Murray
    • Wings: Jordan Hawkins; Jamie Jacquez Jr; Maxwell Lewis; Rayan Rupert
    • Guards: Kobe Bufkin; Jalen Hood-Schifino; Nick Smith Jr; Colby Jones; Brandon Podiemski

Tier 6 - Early 2nd Grade
    • Bigs: James Nnaji; Trayce Jackson-Davis; Mouhamed Gueye
    • Forwards: Jordan Walsh, Olivier Max Prosper; Jalen Wilson; Kobe Brown
    • Wings: Terrence Shannon Jr; Julian Strawther
    • Guards: Judah Mintz; Amari Bailey; Marcus Sasser; Andre Jackson Jr; Terquavion Smith; Isaiah Wong

BigMaloe and No Worries like this.
  9. i3artow i3aller

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So Forwards and Wings are not the same thing......cool.

11. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Wings: Devin Booker, Bradley Beal, Desmond Bane, Anthony Edwards, Mikal Bridges, Jalen Green
    Forwards: Kevin Durant, Pascal Siakam, Jayson Tatum, Zion Williamson, Aaron Gordon, Paolo Banchero

One of the two has a distinct frontcourt component, while the other does not. In today's switching league, you can't just group all non-PG/Cs as "Wings," because a 6'10" guy and a 6'4" guy are going to be worlds apart in what they can do on defense, even if they're both playing off the ball on O. Do Tari Eason and Jalen Green play the same position?

There's always going to be some positional overlap, like there is in any model, but the Big/Forward/Wing/Guard 4-position split works out the best (in my opinion) in today's fluid game.

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, but they put in big wings like Amen and Ausar, Jett Howard, Coulibaly who are all 6ft7 or 6ft8.......the difference is not that big.

Basically wings are more Small Forward ish and Forward is like SF or PF hybrid, PFs.

A lot are interchangeable also.

If they stick to the PG, SG, SF, PF, C tags, would be clearer for me at least.

sydmill likes this.
  13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think wings are SF's/SG's.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. i3artow i3aller

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

HAHAHA sucks to be the spurs, now they have to settle for the scrawny french guy instead of the best big man not in the NBA.

Sean Dr34ms likes this.
  16. i3artow i3aller

@Dr of Dunk so much for Coulibaly at 20. RIP the dream.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I just want somebody with propeller arms, can dribble, can pass, can defend multiple positions, and maybe hit an open shot. Is this too much to ask?

I had heard about him a couple of months ago, but figured it was just because he played with Wemby, but then I started reading more about him and thought he may go higher than expected. I sure didn't expect it to be in the lottery, though. I'm still wondering if that's a true rumor. If he does go in the lottery, you would have to think it would be around 10-14.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  18. i3artow i3aller

Thinking Toronto at 13

OremLK likes this.
  19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Seems like a Masai "I'm smarter than everyone else" kinda pick. And he might not be wrong. Coulibaly could easily be viewed as a mid-lotto pick if he had been the featured player in his offense, but they kinda let Wemby do whatever he wanted for understandable reasons, and what he wanted a lot of the time was to take contested jumpers instead of moving the ball.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, if he goes that high, I can see them taking him with their pick.

i3artow i3aller likes this.