1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Early 2020 Democrat POTUS Poll

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by cml750, Sep 7, 2018.

?

Who do you want to win the Democrat nomination in 2020 to run against Trump?

1. Bernie Sanders

11 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. Corey Booker

5 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. Elizabeth Warren

12 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. Joe Biden

20 vote(s)
    21.7%
  5. Kamala Harris

6 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. Kirsten Gillibrand

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  7. Hillary Clinton

9 vote(s)
    9.8%
  8. Other

26 vote(s)
    28.3%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

A Democrat is a member of the Democratic party....not every word is it's own plural. As to the word becoming a pejorative, that has to do with the types of people who are accurately described by the word. Any word can become a pejorative if it accurately describes enough undesirable people. In some circles "Republican" or "conservative" are pejoratives.

I don't know why you needed this spelled out for you.

BruceAndre and Corrosion like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Thankfully I think all of the above politicians at least qualify for that. Trump is the most immoral president we've had in quite some time.

3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

70 is too old - and not just because of trump. i mean, 70 is just too old! i sure as hell dont want to be working when im that age.

i think the fact that so many really f***ing old people are in politics just shows how easy and cushy their jobs are. you got 80+ year old senators still going...it cant be that hard work and im sure the perks that come with it are hard to give up. and all the "legal" insider trading you get to engage in to enrich yourself...and the fact that people are constantly kissing your ass and treating you like a celebrity.

personally, id love to see an age limit on politicians - forced retirement at 72 or something.

im also curious about the average age of senators and congresspeople compared to the general population. its got to be 20 years greater.

yup - i always voted 3rd party as a protest against the two party monopoly, but republicans have made themselves the true enemy of the american people so ill do whatever i can to defeat them.

Senator likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Correct... after Nixon, the American public went to a good, moral, and humble unknown out of Plains, Georgia. I could see a similar scenario play out again...

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I'd go with the tandem of Kamala Harris and our own Uncle in Chief Joe Biden to round out the slate.

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Biden & Bernie are too old, IMO.

I think Warren is #1, if she runs. The whole "Pocahontas" crap will get beyond annoying though (it really already is).

That doesn't mean somebody else won't emerge. Maybe you do get the surprise non-politician like Mark Cuban or Oprah. Maybe somebody younger (i.e. Harris) really starts building support within the party like Obama did to upset Hillary.

Gillibrand would be interesting, but I think it would be weird to have her be the follow up to Hillary, given the close relationship they had and of course she's got to the Senate by being appointed to Hillary's seat.

Nobody else is really on my radar as of now, despite some names that are definitely considering running.

Nook likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

odds via getmoresports.com

Donald Trump 3-2
    Kamala Harris 8-1
    Elizabeth Warren 10-1
    Joe Biden 12-1
    Bernie Sanders 12-1
    Mike Pence 16-1
    Michelle Obama 20-1
    Cory Booker 25-1
    Kirsten Gillibrand 25-1
    Beto O’Rourke 30-1
    Mark Cuban 50-1
    Oprah Winfrey 50-1

Eric Holder 50-1
    Julian Castro 50-1
    Bob Iger 50-1
    Andrew Cuomo 50-1
    Sherrod Brown 50-1
    Deval Patrick 50-1
    Gavin Newsom 50-1
    Dwayne Johnson 60-1
    Jamie Dimon 60-1
    Hillary Clinton 60-1
    Michael Bloomberg 60-1
    Howard Schultz 60-1
    Amy Klobuchar 60-1
    Eric Garcetti 60-1
    Al Gore 70-1
    Keith Ellison 70-1
    Mitt Romney 70-1
    Scott Walker 70-1
    Marco Rubio 70-1
    Ted Cruz 75-1
    Tim Kaine 75-1
    George Clooney 75-1
    Carly Fiorina 75-1
    Rand Paul 75-1
    LeBron James 100-1
    John Cena 200-1
    Tammy Duckworth 200-1
    Chelsea Clinton 200-1
    Tim Cook 200-1
    Evan McMullin 250-1
    Nancy Pelosi 250-1
    Jeff Flake 250-1
    Kanye West 500-1​

https://www.getmoresports.com/mark-cuban-president-betting-odds-united-states-donald-trump-gambling/

8. juicystream

Me too. 2016 was the first election I didn't vote for a single Republican.

Now, if a Republican comes out and outwardly dismisses the President, I'd consider voting for him, but the Anti-Trump Republicans are all leaving the government.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Nobody mentioned Ocasio-Cortez!???! :p

I'm pretty sure he'll be running. And, I'm pretty sure I don't want him sniffing a nomination. In fact, I know more certainly who I don't want than who I do want. Biden, Sanders, and Clinton are all too old and carry too much baggage. Same is probably true for Warren, though she hasn't quite crossed the threshold for 70.

But, I'll approach the question when it comes the same way I always do -- look for someone who is smart, gets crap done, and has integrity. I only worry about policy if there is still somehow multiple candidates still standing.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

She's not old enough to run. You have to be 35 and she's seemingly something like 12 years old based on her views.

11. juicystream

If she legally could, I'm sure she would be. And as ridiculous as it would be, she'd have some support.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm liking the guy from Nebraska, Ben Sasse . . . . I wonder if he'd switch parties? ;)

B-Bob likes this.
  13. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m in the same boat.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Where’s the option for 2019 Democratic Congress.

I don’t care who the candidate is in September of 2018. We have more important things to worry about at the moment.

There are plenty of candidates we don’t even know about at the moment. Plus as a right winger, I’m sure you are just looking for a diversion from you own dumpster fire of a party. Why would I reward you, Texx, and Bobby with that political gift?

15. Senator

Senator Member

Dems shld take a page from trumps book. Get michelle to run with Obama as the secret advisor. She wont have to do anything she doesnt want to with the same panel of advisors. None of the others have a chance.

16. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not sure why californian gavin newsom hasn't been mentioned. former SF mayor, current lt gov, and soon to be gov of CA.

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The 12 year old in charge does not find this disqualifying. You, sir, are Fake News.

JayGoogle likes this.
  18. cml750

cml750 Member

She actually will be old enough just before the 2024 election.

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Funny you should ask...

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

1. Warren
    2. One of the governors (Bullock, Klobuchar, Hickenlooper)
    3. Harris