1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight's Attitude and Offensive Fouls

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

was awkward when JB tried to calm him down and dwight pushed him off of him while yelling at him...

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The refs aren't going to change. This is how it's been for years. This is how the NBA is called. You can complain about it, but it won't change it.

So you have to adjust to it. And Dwight has the size, athleticism and enough skill to adjust to it, but just doesn't.

Look at the Warriors. Do they commit a ton of seemingly moving screens? Seem to. But are they called for a lot? No. Because they learned how to do it appropriately.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I noticed that...

4. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

That ish was so disrespectful, JB then tried to encourage him. It's like baby sitting a kid AAU player. Come on D12 you better than that pimp! I can't understand why he doesn't want to score 20 and get 15 rbs playing PnR. Shaq and Barkley are in his head deep!!!

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

umm scoring 20 pts strictly on pnr is not possible in the NBA

6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Don't forget the I must call one defensive 3 second violation on Dwight every game.... The one yesterday he was clearly guarding Faried.

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

dont expect him to be anything else when his team is disappointing and under-achieving

8. boiler

boiler Member

Care to speculate why the refs do this to Howard and what they gain for doing this?

9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

He thrives and plays hard when his team is winning When they are losing he does dumb **** with the unnecessary rough housing... Its a look at me , it aint my fault technique...

10. MarioElie17

MarioElie17 Member

Dmo and Capela. The future looks bright.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ugh, yeah, that is what happens when you hire an unproven guy....the players walk all over them.

DD

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I don't know why this is surprising to some of you guys. Dwight is a great person off the court but there's a reason why his teammates from Orlando the Lakers and now it seems the rockets all have a negative opinion of him. None of his ex teammates have ever come out to his defense to say anything positive about him as a basketball player.

I really like dwight but im starting to think there's a reason why we played a lot better last year? Maybe it has something to do with dwight being injured for a lot of the season and guys who want to buy in and play hard actually played.

Dwight is not a superstar, hasn't been one in a while he will never make another Allstar game and his offense is so bad. He was actually pretty good in the post his first year here but had taken a major step back.

I think letting Capela and dmo play more would help this team in more ways than one. Yes dwight is a talented player so you want him on the court but he carries himself like a face of the franchise and a star when everyone in that locker room knows he is not a star and costs the team possesions every game.

It blows my mind when I hear ppl say they want more dwight post ups??? Why!!!! He suck at offense can't hang on to the ball and misses more easy putbacks that he should just go back up and dunk. He misses a lot of dunks too.

And yet with all that said he's a pretty good player but he does not play to his strengths and I do think he is a locker room killer because you can read his face and it says it all when the team is down. He looks like if I was getting mine we would be fine but in reality if we went to him more we would lose every game and he seems to be the only one that doesn't understand this.

13. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

This. If he's thinking like this then has no place on a "Team". I'm sicking of seeing him b**** and moan when he doesn't get the ball in the post. Seriously, What are his plans when he gets it?

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

The Howard bashing is hilarious. Someone who has willingly sacrificed for the team. Can't say the same for the other "star" on the team

15. hakeemthagreat

I honestly think he's unhappy because he didn't wanna play in back to backs.

16. MystikArkitect

Can't wait to see this thread in the playoffs, where Dwight matters. Its frustrating but this team is going nowhere without him. Really need to fine tune Harden for how differently he is officiated in the post season and forget playoff seeding. DMo/Cap/Dwight will be tough for teams to handle....in the post season where the game slows down.

17. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the whole Howard and JB thing is overblown, Dwight , thought it was someone else grabbing him, and when he seen it was JB, he apologized....

Dwight walks to bench, JB stops him, they have a short discussion....Dwight towards walking towards end of bench and JB grabs him from behind, Dwight swipes behind him and when he sees it JB, apologizes

Nothing to see here folks

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It's frustrating watch. Literally every other offensive play, Dwight commits an offensive foul when he posts up.

19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

He does get called for a bunch of bs fouls... but he has to stop getting in shoving matches with every 7' scrub.

20. dream2franchise

Wait...we're bashing the guy who plays defense, gets no looks on offense because our guards refuse to pass to him when he has good position, and shows up in the playoffs consistently?

Just checking.

No player in this league is perfect, and Dwight makes some..interesting..decisions on court but let's not pretend who ever takes his place will just get criticised by the lot of you anyway for whatever it is they can't do.