1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DWade: don’t think it’s a basketball decision

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Maverick Floor

That's why I said "possibly Julius Randle". If the Lakers are able to move Deng (which they do have a Deng trade in the wings), then they can keep Randle. Even without Randle, the Lakers are still a serious threat with LBJ + PG for all the reasons I just mentioned.

DonKnock likes this.
  2. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Playing in LA would not get him a ring. Let's face it Lebron and PG will be a lock for being a contender for sure, but how would Lakers match with GSW, Houston, Spurs...etc?

Boston would be the easy path to the final next year.

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Lonzo is garbage though. He can't make a basket to save his life.

buffalobills!!! and D-rock like this.
  4. BartBurton

BartBurton Member

Cavs - LBJ = Lakers = lose nba finals (tops), same movie different year, except this time with the super lottery lakers team.

Wanna add PG? He’s the replacement of K Love, still same result.

If I want to be in the conversation of GOAT I need rings!! And I’m not getting any younger, I’ve heard Bron cares about that. I’d join the team with the best chance ( excluding GS unless I want to be called snake 2.0).

Only team proven to challenge GS recently??? Make a guess

SS0101 and D-rock like this.
  5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I don’t think the BBall IQ of their young players stacks up with GS or Houston, I think they were out-athleticisming veteran players, but that’s a subjective qualm.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Lebron needs to get to 6 or 7 titles so he can trot out 6/9 or 7/10 to help him in the MJ 6/6 debate. I don't buy LA being that good this year even if they bring in Bron/PG/whatever. We vaulted to 67 wins on the back of our system installed the year before and then upgraded with talent. They will be rebuilding and occasionally listening to CSNY while Luke works them through their own egos. If it is a basketball/legacy decision mostly, it has to be HTOWN.

Lebron wants and needs
    -Being able to play off the ball
    -Probably not having to drag a team along like he did this year
    -chance at furthering the LBJ vs GS storyline
    -shot at regular season win record?
    -4-5 chances at a championship.
    -He can opt in and get traded here and feel it out for a year. Better to have loved and lost in a worst case scenario.

everyday eddie likes this.
  7. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

Sounds great, but I dont see this other key piece out there that really catapults us above the Warriors. It has to be a really good player that we add and being over the cap that is really hard to do, for Lebron or any player. I think we may have to deal with the possibility that Chris Paul leaves too.

8. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

If you look at the past 5 years, quality FAs haven't exactly been flocking to LeBron teams (mostly old has beens that offer little to no help) but ok...

everyday eddie and sammy like this.
  9. aroundtheblock2

Lakers aren't getting out of the west with just Paul George and LeBron. Not happening. I could see that team winning about 50 games probably a little less than that. LeBron can't screw around during the season in the west on a team with a weak bench.

sirbaihu likes this.
  10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RA is gone (along with that salary).....Our window is now.

CP3 isn't going anywhere.

We're already better than GS.( just got the shaft)

Expect an expensive impact piece along with vet ringchaser (s) cheap.....

D-rock likes this.
  11. Maverick Floor

Lonzo was a rookie. You don't think he can improve?

Check out these rookie season averages:

11.7 points
    5.4 rebounds
    7.7 assists
    1.9 steals
    38% field goal
    27% 3-point field goal

These are Jason Kidd's rookie season stats.

Lonzo's rookie stats:

10.2 points
    6.9 rebounds
    7.2 assists
    1.7 steals
    36% field goals
    30.5% 3-point field goals

Pretty similar stats.

Yes, Lonzo shot terribly his rookie season. So did Kidd. But it doesn't mean that he can't improve.
    You can say all you want about Lonzo sucking and can't hit a shot, but Jason Kidd pretty much shot the same percentages in his rookie season as well.

Lonzo shot 55% FG and 41% 3-pointers in college while Kidd shot 46% FG and 33% 3-pointers at Cal.

Jason Kidd started out shooting terribly, especially from 3 as a rookie, but became a great 3 point shooter as his career progressed.

As long as Lonzo continues to put the work in, his shooting could very well improve the same way Kidd's did.

Lonzo has proven he can shoot at a high percentage and could even one day shoot above 40% on threes, just like how Kidd recorded multiple seasons shooting over 40% on 3's.

Add a mentor and a basketball mind like LeBron to take Lonzo under his wing, it could do wonders for Lonzo.

12. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I could see the Lakers signing two of the three LeBron, Paul George or Chris Paul. Then turn around and make a trade for the other.

13. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

I really can’t see CP3 going anywhere. They may get Bron and PG13

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

This. Ring chasers aka washed up veterans who can no longer play (like Joe Johnson on the Rockets) with a few exceptions.

*Strictly free agents, not trades

Cleveland:
    Richard Jefferson
    James Jones
    Shawn Marion
    Dwyane Wade
    Jeff Green
    Jose Calderon
    Chris Andersen
    Dahntay Jones
    DeAndre Liggins
    Larry Sanders
    Andrew Bogut
    Derrick Williams
    Mo Williams
    Mike Miller
    Kendrick Perkins
    Deron Williams
    Derrick Rose

Miami:
    Shane Battier
    Ray Allen
    Erick Dampier
    Rashard Lewis
    Eddie House
    Mike Bibby
    Ronny Turiaf
    Zydrunas Ilgauskas
    Chris Andersen
    DeAndre Liggins
    Greg Oden
    Roger Mason
    Jerry Stackhouse
    Mike Miller
    Eddy Curry
    Juwan Howard

everyday eddie likes this.
  15. jsilencio

jsilencio Member

Yeah, this is what I've been telling my friends all year. Statistically, Ingram is pretty similar to Giannis at age 20. Kid has a high ceiling. Y'all can say what you want about Lonzo, but he's going to be a very good player. Kuzma is nice too.

The way I look at it, Lebron can go team up with these young dudes for a couple years and carry them to a couple titles. Then once he begins his decline, they'll be able to carry him on the back 9.

A Lebron, CP3, George, Ingram, Lonzo, Kuzma core is pretty nice, and one I can see challenging GS immediately.

16. PatBev

PatBev Member

If he cares more for his family than rings he is easily choosing the lakers

17. Maverick Floor

Good point.

The Lakers are young and were able run teams out of the gym.

But Lonzo, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma and Josh Hart have high basketball IQ's. Julius Randle just bullies people around, which is fine.

You add great minds like LeBron and Paul George to take these kids under their wing, I'm sure their collective basketball IQ's will improve that much more.

The Lakers were the youngest team in the league but with their burgeoning bball IQ's and work ethic, along with LBJ + PG and whatever vets they surround them with, they could grow to become just as cerebral as they are athletic.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lonzo not only shot those incredibly horrible percentages from the field, but he also shot 45% from the free throw line. These are historically bad percentages.

Cash Cam likes this.
  19. BartBurton

BartBurton Member

Maverick Floor really sounds like a Laker floor

We talk Rockets ball here.

20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member