1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DWade: don’t think it’s a basketball decision

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 10, 2018.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

No brainer my ass. He’s 33 turning 34 in December. He can get players to Cleveland too and have an easier route to the Finals

He doesn’t come West in an unproven scenario. He comes West to stay in championship mode. All signs point to Houston

everyday eddie and bawanyh like this.
  2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Wait, what are the Vegas odds he stays? Without Vegas odds, I don't know what to think.

Stormy1234, whiskeyred and sammy like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kenyon Martin I.D.I.O.T.! :rolleyes:

#83 J.R., Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Marteen, joshuaao and bulkatron like this.
  4. blackistan

blackistan Member

Lebron can get PG to join him in LA after that not sure who else would go but it does sound realistic...going to hold out hope for Houston but we gotta get rid of Ryno first n foremost somehow

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Well a non-basketball decision could include hanging out with his good friends during the season, rather than Lonzo Ball and whoever.

Cash Cam and sammy like this.
  6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I just don't understand how going to the Lakers would make sense.

They may not even be the second best team in the West in that scenario.

Roc Paint likes this.
  7. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Lebron and CP3 is going to be 34 years old. Dwade is 36 years and look what happened to him, ain't the same. Your body just not doing what you want and the risk of CP3 getting injured is much higher when he's aging especially playing the Houston's style of running up and down the floor.

Here's my thought on Lebron. Lebron likes attention!! He loves when people talk about him being the greatest, the alpha male, the dominant. When he go to Miami, Dwade and Bosh took a back seat. If he go to Houston, would James Harden take a back seat? It's easy said than done. James Harden IS THA MAN, the QB of the Houston Rockets team. The ball is in his hands a majority of the time. Hell, even Chris Paul take a back seat and stand around watching him dribble forever. So if Lebron is coming, I can see Harden standing around just like Chris Paul did and just defer to Lebron as the main QB for the team. Would that work? Would that throw off his rhyme? I never seen Harden play without the ball, EVER! He's no Klay Thompson running around and trying to find open space. And most importantly, would Lebron give up and share the ball with Harden? Do you think the King do that? Nah! Now, CP3....yes, not a problem. The King? Nah....this is the reason why i don't see him coming even though the temptation of winning the Championship is there. Beside, family and lifestyle are a priority for him over Championship run anyway. I think he's either stay with Cleveland or LA.

8. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Can he? It's not that easy. Yes, he could get other players there, but there's a big leap between that and a team capable of beating the Warriors. If it were so easy...how come the Cavs had to do a rebuild twice this year, and still got swept?

There's really only ONE team he can join that will be better than the Warriors. That's the Rockets. The Rockets showed they're capable of beating GSW w/o LeBron.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Forget about GS, if he goes to LA, he won't be able to touch us...We're about to add another piece.

joshuaao, everyday eddie and sammy like this.
  10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

11. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Anyone else in play besides lebron and pg13?

12. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Right. They flocked to Cleveland to play with him.

13. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

To be fair rich celebs and athletes love LA and like half the nba lives and or trains in LA which you cannot say about Cleveland

14. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Aaaahh cause all of a sudden there s3cond best player d3cided he didn't wanna play with lbj

15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

No one was flocking to play with Kobe like that either tho. And DeAndre Jordan (last remaining all-star in LA) is actively trying to leave LA for Texas.

These NBA players can have summer homes in LA and spend the offseason there.
    During the season it’s easier for them to not be in a place where they have to fight horrific traffic to make it to work (also why CP3 is most likely relocating closer to downtown), and for players with families, their kids are going to be in school during the months of the season anyway.

16. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Howard to Lakers!

Chris Paul to Spurs!

Same BS different offseason.

BMoney, sammy and DonKnock like this.
  17. BartBurton

BartBurton Member

ring chasers are old players and take low $$, now young players want their money, how would LA/Bron convince good young players to come play there?

There is not enough cap to make it happen, at least I don’t see it. bron himself is not giving any discounts and he’s made tons of money.

Besides if you’re rich you don’t need to have your business in LA to live there. LBJ has never played there and he’s pretty famous. Some of the reasons people saying he’ll join LA don’t make much sense to me.

He can choose to play in LA, he can surprise us all. But it wouldn’t be to win a ship, it’s the freaking west! IMHO.

18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Exactly, why would LeBron need to move to LA when it’s already logistically impossible for ESPN et al to cover him any more than they already do.

BartBurton likes this.
  19. Maverick Floor

Ya'll are overlooking some things.

The Lakers young core were starting to put it together half-way through the season. They had one of the best records in the league after January (or the All-Star break, I can't remember) and were on an upward trajectory. If it wasn't for season-ending injuries, they would have finished at least .500 on the season while making the playoffs.

Don't underestimate how tough these baby Lakers played the top teams in the NBA, especially the Warriors.

Yes, they were swept by the Warriors but took them to overtime twice. Lost by 7 and 11 the other two times. The Lakers shouldn't have even been able to hang with them.
    Against the Rockets, the Lakers got blown out in the first game, but played them tough the next three: beat the Rockets once, took them to double overtime and lost by 6 the last game.
    These are the two teams in the west that this young Lakers team have no business hanging around with, yet they proved to be competent opponent.
    They split with the Celtics and the 76ers.
    They just didn't know how to close these games.

Now add LeBron James and Paul George to that upward-trending Lakers team.

Ya'll know the Warriors are beatable. They were a hamstring away from losing to the Rockets.

Also take into account Luke Walton's style of play. He knows how the Warriors run. Luke's Lakers can switch everything, and will be that much more versatile with LeBron + Paul George.

You can't underestimate the Lakers with LeBron & Paul George. It may take a good full year to really hit their stride, but the Lakers, with LeBron & Paul George leading a young core of Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma and possibly Julius Randle, have the potential to be one of the best, if not THE best, team in the West, and perhaps the league.

#99 Maverick Floor, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    ashleyem and jsilencio like this.
  20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Pretty sure Randle has to go for them to get 2 max slots, unless they move Deng.