1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DWade: don’t think it’s a basketball decision

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 10, 2018.

1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Now that I think about it ...

LeBron the Legacy probably wants Houston
    LeBron’s family probably wants Cleveland

Lakers are probably the compromise between the two. Familiarity for the family with a home in the area. Can join another star in Paul George to be competitive at least on paper. Lakers also have the assets to rid themselves of Deng or even bring in another star/vet?

Damn

Stormy1234 likes this.
  2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Better than the warriors? Again, LeBron is 1-3 against the Warriors in the finals and to beat them it took a perfect storm of injuries and suspensions. The Rockets have shown they are at the same level as Golden State, in the Kevin Durant era Lebron hasn't even show signs of life against the warriors. So a brand new Laker team with LeBron is going to come in and contend? Yeah, not holding my breath on that one. Period fact.

everyday eddie and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Bron to LA is a worst case scenario bro...that means PG is headed there too and we’ll have missed out on our 2 main targets while LA skyrockets to being a top 3 team in the West competing with us for free agents willing to sign for discounts

Then what do we do?

4. aroundtheblock2

Lol no

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I agree. The worst would be if LBJ and CP both went to the Lakers. But I've already reached my limit of pulling my hair out over this.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

We play the way we did this season, then come deadline ship out an expiring Anderson for talent while still maintaining our strengths. We were 24 minutes away from beating Golden State, and no team has even come close to that in the Durant era.

RiceRockets and everyday eddie like this.
  7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lakers would get smashed in round 2...

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Well, expiring next year, but you know what I mean. Anderson will be a lot more tolerable with only 1.5 years left on his deal.

9. Newlin

Newlin Member

Lakers make sense. If L.A. is where he would like to live, then that's probably where he ends up. We'll see.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Going to LA would be better for LeBron's legacy than going to Houston. With that being said, I doubt he and whoever he draws (PG?) to LA isn't going to beat Warriors. Hell he might not even beat us.

Hope he just says **** it and comes to Houston.

DaonlyLA likes this.
  11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

This was our year. Gonna go down as a missed one maybe. Alot of our guys was on 1 year deals. It all rides on cp3 of he resigns. Cause I do believe if we resign cp3 n Clint we still are top 3 even with lbj n George in l.a. depending on how else.the form.thier roster. Cause our equalizer is the sheer volume of three point shots we take and hit it's only about maybe two or three teams that can match that don't believe La would be that with George in the bron James if they don't have a bus 3-point shooters around it

darksoul35 likes this.
  12. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

In that scenario though losing would actually hurt his legacy. The last few times the story has been "well look at the crap team he's carrying of course he's gonna lose. Just being competitive is testament to his legacy." What happens if he loses with an actually good team? At this point LeBron is all about story and legacy. I feel like he'd only go to a competitive team if he was assured a title not just having a shot at it. Trying to carry the lowly Lakers squad back to glory but ultimately failing through no fault of his own would add to his GOAT resume without him having to beat the team that has dad dicked him twice in 2 years. That said though I'd rather have him in NYC or staying in Cleveland cause screw the Lakers.

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Exactly. I think you meant is instead of isn't but yeah. It takes a team, a second unit, and a great coach. I still maintain Walton and the Warriors were a bit of fools gold because that team had so much talent and they had a system set forth by Kerr. Not that Walton is a bad coach, but let's not get confused thinking he's a HOF coach either. He will be tested for the first time too. Somehow, the glue that is LeBron will get this all to stick together to beat the warriors?

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

you have to believe the league office and nike will help the fakers build a contending roster around lebron as well as help them along during the season officiating-wise. if ingram develops this summer they could seemingly be very good. i can really see him going there w/ PG13

Nelly likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, losing would hurt his legacy if he joined the Rockets because the Rockets would hands down have the most talent in the league....but the odds are very good that that Rockets team would win.

He's already hurt his legacy by going 3-6 in the finals, the only thing that can help that is to add some wins. Him going to the Lakers only to never reach the finals again would be another huge blow to his legacy. he'd be pulling a Melo.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t see Anderson bringing much of anything in the way of talent back in a trade even if his contract isn’t as toxic as time goes by. I don’t trust CP3’s health and him lasting through 4 rounds of the playoffs, so I’m not comfortable moving forward with just him and Harden as our 2 stars. We need another star to offset CP3’s injury risk and decline as he continues to age.

Next year we’d be dealing with GS who will try to improve their team even more this summer and try to figure out ways to better deal with our switching scheme and style of offense as well as a very good Lakers team. If Kawhi is still on the Spurs and actually playing, then they’ll be another 55+ win team in the West that we’d now have to deal with. The West wouldn’t be like this year where it was Houston, GS, and then a HUGE drop off to the likes of Portland, Utah, and New Orleans.

I still think we’re the favorites to land him, but LA is up there as well. If he doesn’t come here, I hope he goes somewhere like Philly instead.

17. baubo

baubo Member

LeBron to Lakers seems to hinge entirely on whether the Lakers can trade for a third star. They have the assets to do so, but the question is whether one is on the market. The guy LeBron obviously can bring with him is PG but PG clearly isn’t enough. He will want a third guy like with Bosh in Miami and Love in Cleveland.

Kwahi is the big question mark. If he’s not on the trade market who else is out there? Damian Lillard can be an option if Portland will look to rebuild. Kemba Walker probably isn’t good enough for LeBron. There are probably some other options but the Lakers need to sell him on that 3rd guy or I don’t think LeBron goes. On the flip side if they get that third guy then LeBron probably goes to lakers.

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Wade left out saying which teams on purpose. It's either Lakers or Rockets obviously. Rockets have to move a lot of things around that's what it comes down to. Lakers can wait it out till July. Really depends on what the Rockets can do this month.

19. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

He wouldn't have to never win again he'll just sign 1 year deals till KD gets bored and goes somewhere else. Then he can hop to somewhere like Houston and win for sure. I dunno something about his body language this year was like "Well **** this team is just unfair what can I do honestly." His legacy got built up a loooot this year with a team that had his lowest seeding in a long time just because the story was he was singlehandedly carrying them anywhere. Even if he doesn't win he can say that he's doing the opposite of what KD did and he's trying to win his way. It's really a win-win.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So you are suggesting that Lebron just throw away potentially 3 or 4 more years and THEN try to win again? LOL that's insanity.