1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DWade: don’t think it’s a basketball decision

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 10, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Is there some evidence of the second part?? That his family loves it?? Not saying they don't, jsut curious. I've seen both reports that Savannah wanted to stay in Miami... and wanted to go back to Cleveland, so who knows.

Relative to this time, it seems like Lebron has developed an off-season LA base, given a house there, lots of time spent there.

If family is the most important thing, it seems like LAL would be the front-runner. Which is why they ARE the front-runner per the current odds.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LeBron, come to Houston and Hakeem can be Bronny's personal BB coach. ;)

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Caron Butler on Chris Mannix's podcast:

If LeBron goes to Houston with Harden, Paul & LeBron, how does it compare to Golden State has, especially in year one?

That'd be amazing. Still don't think they're better than them. That'll put them right there where they have a 50/50 shot in a series where anything can happen. Still don't think it'll put them over the hump.

justtxyank likes this.
  5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I despise GSW jock-sniffers. And random NBA idiots. The Rockets nearly took out the champs without LeBron. LeBron nearly took out the GSW in Game 1, single-handedly (and then only had one hand the rest of the series: PUNCH!)

The Rockets almost made the NBA watchable by taking down the Chumps, but it's like a tree falling in the remote woods, or a mouse getting a ****-on. You need superhuman hearing to catch it.

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

Yeah i'm saying that based on the reports back when his mother never wanted to leave and told Bron he can go back and she was staying in Miami. But, i think we can all safely assume they all loved being rich and famous in South Beach. His children have no ties to Cleveland, i'm sure they never wanted to leave either. All speculation, but safe speculation IMO.

Either way, Miami looks like they will have an even harder time to find a way to make it work with their CAP than the Rockets do and the Rockets look like they have an impossible task with Ryan Anderson's contract.

7. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Wife kids decision..... Lakers

His personal decision. ....Rockets

Let's see which one wins out!

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Don't let anyone fool you. This is a LEBRON decision. He puts out the stuff about family and stuff to add to the drama/tension. He craves that.

Lebron loves LA. He goes there a lot, he bought a house there. He stokes the flames of the rumor mill that he'll go to LA. Everything with Lebron is always about maximizing attention.

D-rock and sammy like this.
  9. HardenMvp

HardenMvp Member

Lebron to the warriors for the min

bullardfan likes this.
  10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Caron clearly needs to lay off the sauce. LeBron > Durant, Harden >= Curry, CP3 >> Thompson, and Tucker can match up with Draymond. Then the Rockets would have Ariza to match up with Iguodala.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Quote to Raven: this thread is never more!!! Shut it down!

D-rock likes this.
  12. rocks123

rocks123 Member

Harden and cp3 worked like a charm. Those Two Can make any experiment work. If i'm an allstar chasing a ring i would love to be in houston. And there's really no actual ranking of who is the leader. It's not harden and everyone else. Yeah maybe lebron can entice player but right now i think harden and cp3 seems like a great destination for any all star caliber player. They can SHINE and win a ring and wont feel like a right hand man to a king. so if lebron decides to "create" a new team instead of going here i still think we can land a good all star player that could help us beat GSW.

D-rock likes this.
  13. brosef

brosef Member

Typical answer from freshly retired nba player hired to be an “analyst” trying not to sound stupid.

14. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

You guys are all missing the point from Dwade.

He said it's a family decision, but isn't CP one of LeBron's kids godfather? CP is part of LeBron's family.

His kids will be around their father and godfather. I am sure Houston has some nice high school for BB growth.

Next, Lebron single handedly could win one game against GSW and CP and Harden could with 3 games. If u do the math we could win 4 games right there. That's enough to beat GSW.

15. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

Love you Plow, my only thing is, where is this other expensive piece going to come from thats really going to push us over the warriors hump? It has to be via trade and aside from lebron or george, maybe butler is the only viable option out there? I know its not Kawhi. I just have a hard time understanding where this deal materializes without assets.