1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dude beats women in swimming update: girls' wrestling, 200 pound dude beats 135 pound real girl

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Dec 31, 2021.

?

Who won

1. She

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. He

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. He-hee

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  4. Michelle Phelps

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

That would be doping. That person shouldn't compete with women because she got herself a physical advantage. And she can't compete with men because she isn't one.

Nook likes this.
  2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

This is an interesting way of analyzing it. Many states are different from Texas, and the American system is that different states have different rules. If you are born female in Oregon, get diagnosed with gender dysphoria, and start taking hormones under the care of your parents and doctor, then according to Oregon law, you can compete with males in wrestling in public school sports. If your family then moves to Texas, then you are competing with females. That's the Texas law. That's what happened, and while there was a public backlash at the state wrestling championship, conservatives and UIL rules makers created that rule. Now, in Texas, that rule is law. If you're born female, you have to compete with females. No way Texas is going to change the law.

Now, in Texas, female youth are not legally allowed to transition to male, take meds, or even get psychological therapy, even if doctors and parents agree. That's Texas law, so anyone from now on born in Texas isn't going to be in the situation that already happened with the female-to-male female wrestling champ; however, you can still go through all that other stuff in other states as state law decides what is and what is not legal. Texas cannot prevent trans people from moving to Texas. And of course, this all could have been avoided if they allowed the female to wrestle with males, like allowing some female football players to play football when there isn't women's football...American football, not your style football.

I take no moral position on what trans laws should be (Texas vs. Oregon vs. others in between). I take no moral position on what policies by the UIL or the NCAA should be. Policies vary. Some are based on chemical levels, others based on birth certificate, other based on identity, and then there can be combinations. I'm just saying it's complicated, and it's hard to find a perfect solution.

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't think what I am saying should be controversial. Testosterone doping is banned in women's sports, for good reason, because it creates an unfair advantage vs. women who don't do it.

And she is not a man, biologically.

I realize that that doesn't give her a category to compete in, but she chose to take the hormones. Not everyone else's fault.

I mean, she could try to compete against men if they don't mind, but she wouldn't be competitive anyway.

4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I don't think it's controversial what you're saying, just saying it's complicated. Texas law and UIL would disagree with you because T therapy isn't allowed in Texas, but you can have already taken enough T to get you to male levels before Texas. Back then, it wasn't law, but UIL rules. Mack wanted to compete with men. Mack's family wanted Mack to compete with men. Mack would have been just another wrestler if Mack competed with men. The UIL said women, and now Texas law would say women.

And then there's the case of that South African woman born with female parts, but has chromosomal male and female genes, giving her higher testosterone naturally. There's the whole debate about how much or whether or not she must take T blockers to compete. She was born female, and many sport governing bodies are like, nope, you need less T, so you have to take drugs in order to compete.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. Salvy

Salvy Member

@tinman
    @AroundTheWorld
    @ROXRAN

Them dudes should probably be competing against men, jus saying....

Tessa Johnson wins two more gold medals as trans cyclist continues to dominate Chicago competition scene

"Johnson and fellow transgender cyclist Evelyn Williamson, 30, have been sweeping the Chicago racing scene.At the Jackson Park Chicago Cross Cup race on October 7, Johnson won first place in the Women's SingleSpeed and Cat Half and Williamson placed second in the SingleSpeed."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-bicycle-trans-Chicago-competition-medal.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tinman likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

total losers, these two dudes

blue_eyed_devil, Nook and tinman like this.
  7. Salvy

Salvy Member

8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Are you aware of the specifics of this case? This one is weird, and Tinman would joke around with this stuff, but he has rationality and wouldn't know for sure how to deal with it. Semenya was born with a vagina and has undescended testes, but no dick. Semenya has chromosomal abnormalities and is not someone who is going through a transgender renaming or meds or surgery to become different from how she was born. It's a completely different case from those who transition and compete in sports. There are many difficult cases, and if you treat everything with the same level or uninformed disdain, then you're not being a serious critic.

tinman likes this.
  9. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Wow, I didn't even know that was possible so thanks for the update and clarification. I think most rational people do not think it's fair for a male to compete against a female but cases like this make you think about how to make things equal and equitable for all parties. This seems to be a big deal to some on this forum although I can say I have a sister, brother-in-law and niece who all work in Kingwood public schools and when I talk to them this really isn't an issue at their schools.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

11. Commodore

12. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

That is a terrible violation of her free speech rights, but it's Canada, so, I have no clue what free speech rights they have and if that's a public or private wrestling federation.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

This is the new threat. Either let dudes watch you change in the locker room or we will make you strip infront of a doctor.

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Wow, Keith Olbermann is such a miserable twat.

Salvy likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

17. Commodore

18. Commodore

19. tallanvor

20. tallanvor